Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have any bikini pics or anything, but I do have some in-progress photos that show a considerable difference.

This is me in 2007, pushing 200lbs - the heaviest I have EVER been.

After multiple crash diets, I managed to lose 30lbs in 2009:

And stalled out. More crash diets; some weight loss, but gained it all back as soon as I went back to eating normal. Been primal for one month, and have lost an additional 15lbs:

I still have a ways to go, but I see HUGE improvement already! Especially in my face and upper midsection. Plus a lot more muscle tone overall. I may actually get up the guts to get some bikini shots for comparison in the future.
    Last edited by Meegads; 05-08-2012, 11:08 PM.
    Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

• Meegads - your links don't lead me to any pictures. Not sure if it's the same for everyone but I can't see them.
      My Journal: Englishman In Oz, Skinny to Muscle in a Primal Way

Comment

• Here is some progress pics I thought I would share. I had lost 30lbs back in 2010 and posted before and afters then I got pregnant. So here I was again this was Christmas 2011 I was 231 here and I am the one in red.

Here I am at 204 and I would say I have another 40lbs to go.
        ~*Lori*~
        my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
        my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
        CW 192

Comment

• Originally posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
          Meegads - your links don't lead me to any pictures. Not sure if it's the same for everyone but I can't see them.
          I get the same result.
          If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

• Englishman in OZ-Great work! I can see a big difference! My husband is similar to your before pics, and he's just 6 weeks in and starting to gain a bit of muscle. What did you do to gain 8 lbs.? We're trying to put some weight on hubby.

FastJane-You look great! Like a new woman!

MomofRedHeads-Looking good!!!
            Last edited by PrimalJes; 05-08-2012, 11:48 AM.
            I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
            CW:166.4 lbs.
            GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Comment

• Here are my 30 days in before and after pics. The "before" are the ones in the pink bikini...

Pictures by primalJess - Photobucket

That's just a 7.2 lb. difference. I didn't think that I had changed too much, but I was in shock over the difference that I saw! I'll have more pics soon!
              I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalJes View Post
                Here are my 30 days in before and after pics. The "before" are the ones in the pink bikini...

Pictures by primalJess - Photobucket

That's just a 7.2 lb. difference. I didn't think that I had changed too much, but I was in shock over the difference that I saw! I'll have more pics soon!
                definitely a shift from fat to muscle especially your back where the difference is quite clear.

You're on the right track, thats for sure. nice job.

Comment

• Fantastic Jess! What a great difference!! Nice work!
                  You don't have to be sick to get better.
                  Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                  Primal start: 1/2/2012
                  My Primal Journal
                  Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrimalJes View Post
                    Englishman in OZ-Great work! I can see a big difference! My husband is similar to your before pics, and he's just 6 weeks in and starting to gain a bit of muscle. What did you do to gain 8 lbs.? We're trying to put some weight on hubby.
                    Thanks Jess, you've got some pretty impressive results yourself.

In answer to your question...
                    Quite simply, eat a lot. I found this really hard, as I'm pretty much stuffed on very little primal foods. I try to take 2 protein shakes each day in addition to my usual food intake. In these I put coconut cream, a banana, whey protein and some sort of nut butter (macadamia or almond usually), a splash of water and some ice. 2 of these add around 1200-1400 calories to the mix. I'm not worried about very low carbing at the moment, although I'm pretty strict Primal with the rest of my food so I probably only hit around 200g of carbs a day even with 2 bananas. You can replace the bananas and halve the nut butter by using half an avocado and some blueberries instead and the shake tastes good too, but I'd recommend the insulin spike of the banana post-workout for sure.
                    I've probably gained a bit of fat as well, but I'm not bothered. I reckon I can lose that pretty quickly with adjustments when I've reached my ideal muscle size.

I put on around 5lbs in the first month, and then around 1lb per month for the next 3 months. This has corresponded with a decline in food intake as I've adjusted to feeling fuller on PB foods, but I also think around 1-2lbs of muscle per month is about right for hardgainers like me.

As for working out, I stick to the big compound moves (squat, deadlift, pull ups, chin ups, bench and overhead presses) 2-3 times a week, doing only 3 of these moves per workout on rotation. I walk lots and sprint infrequently (this is something I'm going to increase). Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more specific questions you may have.
                    Last edited by Englishman in Oz; 05-08-2012, 06:29 PM.
                    My Journal: Englishman In Oz, Skinny to Muscle in a Primal Way

Comment

• Originally posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
                      Meegads - your links don't lead me to any pictures. Not sure if it's the same for everyone but I can't see them.
                      Argh, still trying to figure out this picture thing...I'll see if I can get it to work.

ETA: Hey, I see pics now! I think I got it!
                      Last edited by Meegads; 05-08-2012, 11:10 PM.
                      Life is short. Eat Beef!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

• Englishman in Oz-Thank you for the specifics on how you gained your muscle. Hubby (and I) have been doing squats, pull-ups, push-ups, and planks for the last 4 weeks. That's how hubby's gained his muscle so far (and eating primal). He just added a shake similar to yours, but without the whey protein. He wanted to make sure he like the taste of the shake before he spent $30-$40 on the protein powder. I'm sure we will get some of that soon, as I know it will help with his muscle growth. With all the fat in the shake, he's finally not hungry all the time eating primally. Anyway, thanks so much and I will definitely look to you with more questions in the future!
                        I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

• Originally posted by momofredheads View Post
                          here is some progress pics i thought i would share. I had lost 30lbs back in 2010 and posted before and afters then i got pregnant. So here i was again this was christmas 2011 i was 231 here and i am the one in red.

here i am at 204 and i would say i have another 40lbs to go.
                          nice shrink!

Comment

• FastJane,

Your progress is amazing. How long did this take you. If I can ask, How tall are you? I love the swimsuit.

Jo

Comment

• Thanks Chatty!! I can't wait to post final pics...but I am a slow loser...at least it moves down!!
                              ~*Lori*~
                              my Primal journal : http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...-momofredheads
                              my food blog http://iamhungrywhatsfordinner.blogspot.com/

SW 231 as of 1/1/2012
                              CW 192

Comment

• What an inspiring thread!

My boyfriend, Englishman In Oz, has convinced me to post some progress shots on here, which will hopefully be of some inspiration.

The weight loss has been pretty minimal, but am definitely noticing a difference in body composition, and overall I feel that I carry myself better, if that makes sense.

Am hoping to continue by losing more body fat and increasing strength and definition. Would be awesome to have biceps and a six-pack to show off one day

Jo-3-1.jpgJo-3-2.jpgJo-3-3.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X