This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd,
    You and your Wife look amazing. Thanks for posting these pics are quite inspirational.

Comment

• I took a month off from posting pictures. Mainly because I had a stall at around 231, and then again around 225 for a while. Well, this morning I got down to 221.8!! It is still hard for me to see much difference, because I see me everyday. I do think I'm gaining some lean mass, as I'm very strict with my SimpleFit workouts. I need to get more regular on the cardio and sprint stuff, but that is coming.

Anyway, here I am when I started the primal journey, in late December, 2011:

29.2 pounds down! I am astonished at how much flab is STILL left! I've got so much more to lose. I'm definitely seeing cuts I haven't seen in a decade, but man, I can pinch inches everywhere!

Grok on!
      Last edited by adameads; 04-20-2012, 07:57 PM. Reason: put pictures side by side
      Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

Comment

• Updates for the updated.... I hit the 4 month mark!

20 APR, 16 Weeks, 41 lbs lost:
        5 20 APR 16 Weeks.jpg

Originally posted by BONZ View Post
        I'm the FNG, and this would be my first post.... everybody say "hi noooob!". I spent some time looking through the thread and found a lot more motivation!

I never cared or concerned myself with what I ate. "What the hell is a diet!" I happened to hear Mark giving an interveiw and went to check out MDA..... That was 8 weeks ago almost to the day.

The first photo (my wife and I) was taken in 2008, but it's a fair representation of what I looked like 2 months ago. She's actually hiding my handles and lower belly fat. Walk around weight back then was probably 205 lbs to 210 lbs (my average for the last 7 or 8 years). 2 months ago, when I started PB, I was 220 lbs with more muscle in the chest than the old picture, but even more belly and handle fat.

[ATTACH]5799[/ATTACH]

The second photo I just took (inspired by some of your success stories). Obviously I'm still a work in progress but my change has been dramatic. This isn't the first time i've looked similar to what I look like now, but that was over a year when I hit the gym 6 days a week, over trained, over sprained, carb and supplement loaded and still carried around over 210 lbs. This took 8 weeks, I weight 191 lbs, and I haven't felt this good in over a decade. In case anybody didn't catch that, I lost 29 lbs in 8 weeks!

[ATTACH]5800[/ATTACH]

UPDATED: I keep finding new abs and veins I thought I'd lost long ago. I've leveled at 189 and appear to be adding lean mass as I'm still cutting body fat. This is right after I encorporated free weights.
        25 FEB, 9 Weeks:

[ATTACH]6017[/ATTACH]

12 MAR, 11.5 Weeks since I changed my life for the better:

[ATTACH]6268[/ATTACH]
        a
        Last edited by BONZ; 04-21-2012, 01:29 AM.
        Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
        Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
        Starting Energy: "bleh...."
        Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
        Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

• Originally posted by adameads View Post
          29.2 pounds down! I am astonished at how much flab is STILL left! I've got so much more to lose. I'm definitely seeing cuts I haven't seen in a decade, but man, I can pinch inches everywhere!
          Grok on!
          congrats man, you can tell a huge difference, and believe me i know about how you feel with "so much flab left" stuff. i've lost 70 pounds and about the same weight as you are now (i'm 6'5" btw) and still just can't get over that i have a lot left to lose. but keep going thats what i'm doing
          http://myquest4happiness.blogspot.com/
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread48307.html (journal)

Comment

• Oh WOW! Oh my goodness! Amazing! Can I be you? You are gorgeous!

JoAnn

Comment

• Originally posted by adameads View Post

Grok on!
              You have definitely made noticeable progress. I'm with you man. I've lost 46 lbs, down to 228 and cannot believe how much fat I can still pinch. WTH??? lol! it is like it is looser and concentrating around my belly these days. And the plateaus are a beating! Killin me! I'm not nearly as whiny as that sounds. I love being primal and my progress is great! I just want more faster.

Primal ROCKS!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Insane Grok View Post
                congrats man, you can tell a huge difference, and believe me i know about how you feel with "so much flab left" stuff. i've lost 70 pounds and about the same weight as you are now (i'm 6'5" btw) and still just can't get over that i have a lot left to lose. but keep going thats what i'm doing
                Heck yeah!!! +1!

Comment

• Originally posted by JoAnn68 View Post
                  Oh WOW! Oh my goodness! Amazing! Can I be you? You are gorgeous!

JoAnn
                  I'm guessing that Joann is referring to Bonz, who looks flippin GREAT!, and not the rest of us. LMAO!!! :-D

Comment

• ^JoAnn68 is most likely a spammer. 1. you can't see Bonz' pics yet since they aren't approved and why would a girl say "can i be you. you are gorgeous!" to a guy?
                    F/ 5'6"
                    HW: 230 (ugh)
                    SW: 204 2/27/12
                    CW: 171 7/27/12 (33lbs!)
                    GW: 145ish? Who cares. I just want to look good naked

Comment

• Originally posted by MissJenn View Post
                      why would a girl say "can i be you. you are gorgeous!" to a guy?
                      I've said that to guys before. Why not?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• adameads, your little "speech bubbles" cracked me up. i can totally see a difference-- keep up the good work!
                        Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
                        Friend me on "The Facebook"
                        Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

• nice work BONZ... also awesome tattoo action there. your abs are definitely coming in!
                          Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffdv View Post
                            it is like it is looser
                            Absolutely. What the eff is up with that?!? I mean, seriously? Good thing is, I can feel firm muscles underneath my moobs, so it's OK. And, I know it's coming off eventually, anyway. That is, if I don't die from high LDL.
                            Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by ASmallOne View Post
                              nice work BONZ... also awesome tattoo action there. your abs are definitely coming in!
                              Many thanks for the complement! I got so pumped the first time I looked through this thread, simply considering the possible, hopefully this is me paying it forward to the next person who stumbles in here looking for a better solution.....
                              Went Primal: 20 DEC 2011
                              Starting: 6'1" 220 lbs
                              Starting Energy: "bleh...."
                              Current: 183 lbs @ 8.33% BF (Jackson/Pollock 4 caliper method)
                              Current Energy: "WOOHOO!" See my journal HERE.

"Paleo? Try it, but be wary of the cult mentality that comes with it. Paleovangelists are everywhere and a bit scary."

Comment

• I love how positive this thread is! Inspiration, WHY YES!!
                                Follow me on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                                X