• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I'm waiting for those 100+lb drop pics to post, some updates from me:

Before, at 187:

Last fall at 150 & trying to get the leptin reset in gear:

Today at 140, same shirt:

Found: missing curves I built into my arm 10-15 years ago, haven't done any strength training to speak of (or any other exercise at all) in the last six years. These curves were just hiding under the fat...

Finally, the clothes I last wore in 2004 and promptly outgrew. Still can't actually sit down in these jeans, but they go on:

They're one of those things I kept all these years b/c I had to keep myself inspired to get back into them, even though I spilled rubber cement on them and ruined them 8 years ago! As soon as they really, really fit, out they go, lol.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 03-20-2012, 10:55 AM.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Great job, Mamagrok---you say you haven't done any exercise, but I'm betting your 5 kidgroks want to be carried an awful lot. Lift heavy (and squirming) things

Analog6, looking forward to your next update.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to comment on my photos. I've made a few people do some double takes IRL too.

mommymd
      --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by bdilla View Post
        before starting:

5 months or so. today I start my whole 30 / bulletproof IF protocol. bout to drop the last of it.

Damn those ABS!!!! Nice work
        SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Comment

• MammaG, awesome!!!
          Started Whole30 December 31, 2011
          Integrated Leptin Reset/Jack Kruse plan Jan 13, 2012
          Starting Weight: 174.8
          CW:160.0 lbs

Comment

• Todd is the reason I've chosen to get involved in this lifestyle ! His transformation in a short time is absolutely amazing and he had kept me motivated ! Keep up the great work Brotha !!
            My mother always told me " your just big boned "
            I tell her there's no such thing as a fat skeleton !!!! Lol

Comment

• Well done MamaGrok - you are going great guns.
              Odille
              F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
              following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

• Yay! Moderated pics showed up!
                Touchdowntodd- Wow!! You look awesome man!

and Molaina- Looking great! 20 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. Nice work!
                You don't have to be sick to get better.
                Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
                Primal start: 1/2/2012
                My Primal Journal
                Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• I am so damn impressed by all these transformations.... I really am. I wanna know how it changed your life outside of physically. Emotionally, relationships, social life, etc....... CONGRATS EVERYONE!

Comment

• Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                    KEEEEEP pushin! i dont have great pics but here goes ... my 8 month anniversary is the 23rd of this month! 106 down so far! and honestly probably more (hadnt weighed myself in a long time and was definetely bigger than i was last weigh in prior to going primal). ..

im planning a big post when i hit my 8 month anniversary, because i probably have one of the greatest changes in a short amount of time on here

pics of me from the last couple years ..

[ATTACH]6363[/ATTACH][ATTACH]6364[/ATTACH][ATTACH]6365[/ATTACH][ATTACH]6366[/ATTACH]

and me now ... ill have to get a better body shot .. but from 44 waist to 33/34 .. from XXL shirt to M-L

[ATTACH]6367[/ATTACH]
                    That is one impressive before and after! Great work
                    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                      While I'm waiting for those 100+lb drop pics to post, some updates from me:

Before, at 187:

Last fall at 150 & trying to get the leptin reset in gear:

Today at 140, same shirt:

Found: missing curves I built into my arm 10-15 years ago, haven't done any strength training to speak of (or any other exercise at all) in the last six years. These curves were just hiding under the fat...

Finally, the clothes I last wore in 2004 and promptly outgrew. Still can't actually sit down in these jeans, but they go on:

They're one of those things I kept all these years b/c I had to keep myself inspired to get back into them, even though I spilled rubber cement on them and ruined them 8 years ago! As soon as they really, really fit, out they go, lol.
                      You really look amazing! Congrats
                      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Analog6 View Post
                        Well, it's really a 'during', but I was just in the bathroom washing my hands and realised how much my horrible double chin and wattley neck have improved. Here are 2 pics - one is me 'dressing' the Xmas tree a few days before the event, and the other is taken with my on computer camera just 1/2 an hour or so ago. I am so pleased to see a positive improvement like this!
                        Holy cow! The difference is astonishing. You look great.

Comment

• Awesome results, MamaGrok!

Comment

• opps I started my own thread for progress pics, but here it is again.

Comment

• That's some major improvement! Keep up the good work!
                              Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

• Wow amazing results Ayla !!!!
                                My mother always told me " your just big boned "
                                I tell her there's no such thing as a fat skeleton !!!! Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X