This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
    More pics are always in order! Here are some for the slow loser crowd like me:

Same outfit, about 12lb difference from Nov 2010 to Jan 2012. In between, though, my binge eating and EXTREME sugar addiction disappeared. Much work is being done that is helping to ensure that my loss STICKS. Even better than the thinner upper arms, thighs, glut, trunk. It's hard to be patient, but I'm consoling myself with the reality that I haven't been without cravings in over 15 years, but now I am. The health changes are adding on years and years of healthy life to my time - it's enjoyment of my final years, not just numbers, that I'm investing in. Health!!

And for kicks, yesterday tried on the 20 year old cheerleading uniform:

Was:
    Mamagrok is a hottie!

Comment

• Way to go!!! You look GREAT Mamagrok - you can really see the difference in your overall physique. Great pix!!!
      We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde

Comment

• I usually don't post pictures on the internet, but I allowed myself to be inspired by PrimalClay's year after year Christmas party pictures... So against my better judgement...

Our anniversary January, 2011...

Comment

• Originally posted by tcb View Post
          I usually don't post pictures on the internet, but I allowed myself to be inspired by PrimalClay's year after year Christmas party pictures... So against my better judgement...
          Woo! You look like shiny new people!! That. Is. Awesome.
          You don't have to be sick to get better.
          Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
          Primal start: 1/2/2012
          My Primal Journal
          Living, loving and learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kakes View Post
            Woo! You look like shiny new people!! That. Is. Awesome.
            Holy buckets, no kidding!

MamaGrok: hello, nurse, indeed ;0). Love the "not just numbers we're investing in" philosophy. Go you! Go everyone!
            “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
            - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• TCB!!!! You both look fan-freaking-tastic! What an inspiration.
              ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Originally posted by vontrapp
              CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
              Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Comment

• Mamagrok, you look FAB! I love that you put on your old cheerleading uniform, lol.
                ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Originally posted by vontrapp
                CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
                Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Comment

• Thanks, y'all! I knew I kept the uniform for a reason ... thought it would be a fun Halloween costume one day.

tcb, that is AWESOME. Y'all look like you unzipped your old bodies and stepped out new, or like a pair of nesting dolls! You look so vibrant in the recent picture, especially your wife! Beautiful!
                  5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                  Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                  Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                  Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                  ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Maybe I should think about keeping my clothes now, while I'm young and slim, so I can put them on for reunions in 20+ years and gloat about how I've managed to stay healthy =P
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Amazing! You could be the kids of the couple in the first picture =)
                      Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
                      Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
                      "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

Comment

• Originally posted by elainevdw View Post
                        TCB!!!! You both look fan-freaking-tastic! What an inspiration.
                        +1 and then some!
                        There are two wolves fighting within a man's heart, one is Love, the other is Hate. The one that wins is the one you feed.

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world. - Jack Layton

The Primal Adventures of Griffin - Huzzah!

Comment

• Originally posted by tcb View Post
                          I usually don't post pictures on the internet, but I allowed myself to be inspired by PrimalClay's year after year Christmas party pictures... So against my better judgement...

Our anniversary January, 2011...

You two both look about 10 years younger. Seriously! I'm always amazed at how much weight loss makes people look younger. Congrats to you both on the loss!

Comment

• You've been takin' care of business, tcb!

Comment

• Woohoo, MAMAGROK! Slow and steady! Congratulations!

TCB- Great one year interval shot!
                              --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Wow TCB, this is my first post on this thread. I've seen people comment about other transformations that the before and after pics look like different people, but your pics are the first where that was true to me. Those two pics look like two totally different couples. And if the Ms. (sorry, don't know if tcb is the mr or the ms) changed her hair color, I honestly would not have believed that it was the same person.

Kudos.
                                Starting Weight - January 3, 2012 - 276.4 lbs
                                One Month - February 3, 2012 - 260.8 lbs
                                Two Months - March 3, 2012 - 253.8 lbs

Current Weight - April 3, 2012 - 246.0 lbs

My Journal

My new blog dedicated to creative writing and dark spirits

Comment

Working...
                                X