Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Barefooter. You have also got me excited about looking for the Nut Bar recipe in my new PB Cookbook.
    Primal Cyclist - No Brakes, No Gears, No Handlebars, One Wheel, No Problem

Comment

• dang women! congratulations!

Comment

• Barefooter.......................................W ow, Just WOW!

Very motivating, Great Job!
        Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Comment

• barefooter, where did you go!?!??
          .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• Good lord! That is one AMAZING transformation. You are hella hot now!
            My blog: Pretty Good Paleo
            On Twitter: @NEKLocalvore

Comment

• Awesome work, all!!!

Comment

• barefooter +1 on the amazing transformation!!

Comment

• Absolutely remarkable barefooter! You are a trooper and an amazing inspiration to all... Thanks for sharing your photos!
                  ZC - 100% Carnivore

I EAT VEGANS

Comment

• I love to see all the transformations, some have more obvious changes than others but the best thing is the attitude and smiles in the after pics. Even if there aren't the huge changes like barefooters (amazing arms girl - I want them!) everyone is just so much happier within themselves. This thread is so inspiring, I can't wait until I've got some pictures to post, I'm still on my journey but this thread will help me get there....

Comment

• Nice
                      "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

• I love this thread. Slow day at work and I have read the whole thing and looked at each and every picture. I realized that I'm kind of a female pig/lech. Everytime I opened a guy's "before" picture I stop for a sec, thing "oooo, I bet he's going to be hot!" Then I open the "after" picture and realize I was right!

I just started PB about a week ago, in tandem with the Gabriel Method visualizations ('cuz clearly, I have issues), but I have a long road ahead of me, I'm sure. I'll post pics along the way, as they are fun to look back on.

Thanks everyone for sharing - pictures truly are worth a thousand words!

Comment

• Barefooter, the first words to come out of my mouth after seeing your after pics was: GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE. Of course, I didn't mean that for you, but holy shit! that's seriously amazing. I do have a question though, did you need any surgery for excess skin? I'm interested in the topic even though it wouldn't pertain to me, just curious. I'm sorry if that's an inappropriate question and congratulations! how did you do on the push up challenge?
                          I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
                            I do have a question though, did you need any surgery for excess skin? I'm interested in the topic even though it wouldn't pertain to me, just curious. I'm sorry if that's an inappropriate question and congratulations!
                            iniQuity,

I enjoy the candor of your first response. Had we been in the same room, my response would've been "I KNOW, RIGHT?!"

As for the excess skin, here's the deal.

As you can see in the before pictures, I was more "fat everywhere" rather than fat in just my middle or bottom. So while there is excess skin, it's more of the "I'll never see how taut and toned I really am" sort rather than "apron-like and in the way" as it is for some folks. So, for me, it's purely a vanity thing.

And that brings us to the world of former-fatness. I think about my childhood and the diet/habits/lack of nutritional education that I experienced and am a) grateful to be healthy despite; and b) aware that the price I paid for those habits was becoming morbidly obese. I'm relieved that the human body can bounce back and thrive despite decades of poor nutrition, but my skin didn't really bounce back. And my emotional relationship with food is something that waxes and wanes with varying degrees of healthiness.

I've come to a place where I'm grateful to have been formerly fat. It has provided me with a perspective I could have no other way. And I've lived in the world as two people -- one completely unrecognizable from the other -- and that's a rare experience that I know intimately.

So it's not ideal, the skin, but it also represents something I'm grateful for. And it's not so bad that it gets in the way of anything.

Also, the push up challenge was a bust. I don't do well with "do this many for this often" exercises. I'd rather get my exercise by playing a game or traveling a distance.

--

And thanks to everyone for the overwhelming congrats. It's been so many years since I experienced the response of someone who saw the change for the first time that I forgot how stark the difference is.

Comment

• ^^ Great Post! ^^
                              Rangers Lead the Way, Hooah!

Comment

• Barefooter, physically, you look phenomenal. Mentally, sounds like you've come to a really great place. I find both very inspirational.

Comment

Working...
                                X