Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for your feedback. I am going to keep trying the 3 day a week gym workout. I really want to see great results. I would say I am keeping my diet at about 95% PB. What would a good 3 day a week workout would look like for a 50 year old 6'8 guy who started this at 295? And is cardio extra time and what heart rate %.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldwgs View Post
      Thank you for your feedback. I am going to keep trying the 3 day a week gym workout. I really want to see great results. I would say I am keeping my diet at about 95% PB. What would a good 3 day a week workout would look like for a 50 year old 6'8 guy who started this at 295? And is cardio extra time and what heart rate %.

Thanks
      I had a client in a similar position to you, except he was also T2 diabetic and had done other health issues. We did a modified Starting Stregnth workout with less aggressive loading. He saw very good results.

There are also other programs if you don't like barbell training.

Diet will be your biggest factor in fat loss. Remember that the older you get, the longer things like this take.

Do you have any injuries?
      Lifting Journal

Comment

• Hi,

No injuries, I am rather healthy. I have a gym membership also equipment at home. The only thing I really hate doing are squats. It's a long way down and back up, haha. I did Power 90 then P90x three years ago and got in got in some really good shape. Didn't have the time or a good diet and gained almost all of the weight I had lost. I am at a 40 waist now and would love to get down to a 36 . I love the PB eating lifestyle and have found it rather easy. I did struggle with lack of energy and a haze about days 5 through 9 but kept with it. Now I have high energy levels and seem to need alot less sleep. Maybe I am sleeping better because I don't ever get tired now or wake up tired.

Comment

• New pics

Starting

4 Weeks

8 Weeks

12 Weeks

16 Weeks

Not much progress this time. I went off trail for the holidays and had some frustration moving, so not as much exercise as I would prefer. Still happy, and still going.
          Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Trifith View Post
            New pics

Starting

4 Weeks

8 Weeks

12 Weeks

16 Weeks

Not much progress this time. I went off trail for the holidays and had some frustration moving, so not as much exercise as I would prefer. Still happy, and still going.
            you look much better. See those skin flaps? Your kicking some ass.

Don't even worry about it!

*respect*
            Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
            Follow me on google+
            Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
            "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

Comment

New pics

Starting

4 Weeks

8 Weeks

12 Weeks

16 Weeks

Congrats, Trifith! I see the biggest different in the inflammation around your face, so avoiding poisonous things must be helping!

Comment

• Originally posted by maddieaddie View Post
                Congrats, Trifith! I see the biggest different in the inflammation around your face, so avoiding poisonous things must be helping!
                Well I do seem to be down to just two chins, so I'm happy.
                Warning: I'm an anarcho-capitalist political activist. It gets into everything.

Journal

Comment

Well I do seem to be down to just two chins, so I'm happy.
                  Looking good, the jaw-line is coming out!

Comment

• I can see a big difference in that last picture. Your skin is much looser which means you've lost the fat that was filling it out!
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Hi Everyone! I've slacked so horribly on before/after pics since I joined the community here. You all seem to be doing so great and it's awesome to see. I just turned 29, I'm 6'8" and I've gone from about 270 lbs. at my heaviest to just about 200 lbs. through primal eating and lots of rock climbing. This forum and its members are a big reason for my lifestyle change, so I wanted to give a sincere thanks to all of you for sharing your journeys.

1Start by kal-el_213, on Flickr
                      This was me close to my worst. I've shared this one before. So ashamed that I didn't even want bright lights during the pic, apparently, haha.

3More serious Sep2011 by kal-el_213, on Flickr

September of last year after a few months of primal and rock climbing.

7Jan2012 by kal-el_213, on Flickr

My most recent from the beginning of this month. I couldn't even do five push-ups when I started and now I'm doing sets of pull-ups like there's no gravity. Life changing doesn't even begin to describe it!

Comment

• Dude, you look freakin' awesome! Well done!

When was that "at my worst" picture taken, by the way?
                        August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• You've packed on some muscle since leaning out. Nice work.

Comment

• looking pretty impressive kalel, nice job
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• Thanks to all of you who have posted before with your pictures. I hope others get the same inspiration from mine as I did from yours.

I took some pictures last summer, when I had been working out with a trainer for 10 months, and GAINED 10 lbs. CW diet to blame:

Before, July 27, 2011 (F) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

Before, July 27, 2011 (L) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

In September I decided that I couldn't just work out, that I had to control what I was eating. I started back with Sparkpeople (I had lost 32 lbs tracking a low fat diet before) and was better about quantities of food, but was still eating carbs. A colleague of mine has been doing Paleo for about a year, and encouraged me gently to give it a go. I went to Chicago on business, and there greatly reduced my carbs. When I came back, my trainer saw a difference immediately. I hit the internet and found a link to the Ancestral Health Symposium, and Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt -LCHF and started eating that way. More videos from AHS and I saw Mark Sisson. Made my way over here, bought the book. I had been lifting heavy things with my trainer for over a year. Once I cut the grains and upped my fat, my shape started changing quickly.

I'm still a work in progress:

During, January 18, 2012 3 months primal (F) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

During, January 18, 2012 3 months primal (L) by Mommymd55, on Flickr

I just turned 40, married, 2 boys, work full time. I've taken up sewing recently, and the skirt that I made to measure is way too big by the time I got it hemmed.

The best thing for me about this WOE is that I don't measure my food or calculate my calories, eat when I'm hungry and never get out of control hunger. I didn't believe it was possible for me.
                              Last edited by mommymd; 01-18-2012, 09:03 PM. Reason: typos
                              --mommymd

LCHF since Oct 2011

Comment

• Amazing mommymd!! I'm shocked at how much younger you look in the after photos! And it's not just the longer hair.

Good job!
                                Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

Working...
                                X