This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bane View Post
    My workouts were just really random. Basically just hiking, pushups, pullups, pistols, and kettlebell stuff whenever I felt like doing it. Twice a week one week, 5 the next, 1 the next. That saying about it being 90% diet is really true.

The top picture there is 7 months between the 3 shots. I kind of cruised along like that for about 4 months, then went on a Whole30 kick and got down to where I am in the bottom 3 shots.

After a hectic 2011 and a summer of being FORCED, DAMNIT, by certain buddies to drink beer and whiskey in excessive quantities, I'm back to looking more like the 7 months (canvas belt) pic.

I just dove into another Whole30, hoping to wake my lazy ass up and shred up a little more.
    What does an average day look like for you in terms of diet?

Comment

• Some updated pictures. Still not a role-model for tanning but I'm working on that!

And a before shot...

My Primal Blueprint success story. 60+lbs lost:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post531337
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post531340

Journal:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36329.html

Comment

• Tan aside very nice progress @BillyGoat4130!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FairyRae View Post

BTW, I feel like a teenager posing in the bathroom taking pics w/ a cell phone.
          You look absolutely fab!! So inspirational to me as you used to look like the weight I am now, and now you look like how I want to look.

Comment

• big difference, man! keep up the good work, billgoat!

Comment

• This thread rules! Thanks to everyone who's shared their stories and photos...

Bane - you rock - I want those abs, man!

Comment

• Update....
                Attached Files
                Get on my Level
                http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Since the last update (below), I've dropped 3 or 4 pounds and gained strength, but I don't see much change in body fat level. Granted my diet has been skirting the 80/20 rule, but I'm still getting frustrated. If you guys had to guess, what's my BF%?

Originally posted by Kamel View Post
                  I don't have before pictures unfortunately, but a little background: I was about 210 lbs five years ago. I'm 5'7. I got down to the high 160s low 170s through CW, which I maintained for the most part for a few years. I started PB in February, and I'm down to the 152 nowadays. I still want to cut a bit more fat, but in a month or two I plan to start trying to put on about 7 more lbs of muscle.

Comment

• So here is an update to where I am 1 year after dropping ~100 pounds, Burning Man style.

Here I am this year at Burning Man:

Wearing my CrossFit Oakland tee which reads "Suck it up, Buttercup" which received lots of comments. I am around 165 pounds now.

This is me LAST year (2010)

So I'd say I was a bit skinnier, but hopefully most of that is muscle, I hope! I was 155 so 10 pounds less then.

This is me in 2009, about 1/2 way through my paleo journey:

and me in 2008 at my heaviest:

So, still a ways to go till I post a shirtless pic, but working on it. The main difference from last year is I'm doing CrossFit now. Let's see if I can fill in some of my flabby loose skin with some muscle mass.

I'm still trying to get the body fat down. Last time I checked it was 17.8% using the dunk you under water and yell "blow blow blow" at you till you are about to drown method. I'm hoping for 16% as a goal by fall.
                    Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

• You should look into BodPod if you haven't heard of it already or haven't yet. Its great ...as accurate as underwater but mess easier.

- BOD POD Site Locator

I got my test for free at a nearby college...price could vary. Mine was with a predicted TGV or Thoracic Gas Volume which is a major component of the test. With predicted the Volume can be off by 3-5%, but the body fat % I got was 25.4% 23.75%-26.25%...not really all that bad. If you want ultimate accuracy you'll either have to find a way to get a measured TGV to use with your test or if they let you do it where they do the test. Apparently the equipment for measuring is an optional part of the BodPod so not all BodPod testing locations may have it. You could theoretically get it tested elsewhere and give the BodPod people your number though.
                      Height: 6'1"
                      Primal start date: July 1st 2011
                      Start Weight: 275
                      Current Weight: 248
                      Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
                      Body Fat 25.4%
                      Fat Mass 63.721
                      Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                      Fat Free Mass 187.087
                      Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
                      Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by KestrelSF View Post

Wearing my CrossFit Oakland tee which reads "Suck it up, Buttercup" which received lots of comments.
                        Uh..... yeah..... I'm sure it was the *t-shirt* that was getting you noticed....

Compared to the other photo in skivvies, it looks like you've gained *muscle mass* alright!

Didn't know that was a benefit of the Primal life...
                        Last edited by VeloCity.X; 09-24-2011, 11:21 PM.
                        Trying a journal. We'll see how long that lasts....

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread37152.html

Comment

• he looks like he belongs on the set of mad max pretty cool
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

Comment

• yeah, i love those 'mad max' styled photos. awesome stuff!

also, good on everyone else, and I look forward to seeing mal's when they make it through moderation.

Comment

• he he he
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

• Impressive codpiece.

Comment

Working...
                                X