Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your progress defies description, bbaker! Incredible.
    August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• So I thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

Backstory: I am an Identical Twin, 5 minutes younger. Both of us at some point weighed 300lbs+.

Here is a before picture of me, for reference:

Here is a before picture of my brother, for reference:

And now, below, is a current photo of both of us together. I have been paleo/primal for years now but my brother never got interested in getting healthier. He recently had some health problems that scared him, and for the past 6 months has decided to let me help his diet. By teaching him how to be paleo/primal, fixing his diet, and getting him moving, I've managed to have him drop almost 70 pounds already.

Here is our most recent photo together:

His clothes are so much bigger on him now it looks like he's wearing a blanket! I'm super proud of him and happy that my experience and knowledge I've gathered over the years is not only removing his health problems, but making him healthier than he's been in the past 10 years.

Know what my favorite part is? WE ARE STARTING TO LOOK LIKE IDENTICAL TWINS AGAIN INSTEAD OF STRANGERS.

Comment

• Hell yeah, Rivvin! That is awesome. I was wondering about your brother the other day... he must feel great. It was probably tough on him having you get so fit and thin and I bet it was hard for him to even want to get started. It's really cool that he's stuck with it and lost that much. Congrats to both of you guys.

Comment

• Rivvin, you and your brother look fabulous! Great job on getting him on board with primal. You must be proud to be a part of improving his health.

Comment

• Holy crap Rivvin! That's amazing. You and your bro are my heros! Why can't I have a hot identical twin to aspire to? ha!

Comment

• Awesome Rivvin. Wish I would have went primal a long time ago. Better late than never. I'm about 5 months in.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaker6212 View Post
                Awesome Rivvin. Wish I would have went primal a long time ago. Better late than never. I'm about 5 months in.
                If my brother can do it, so can you, so just keep on truckin! Plus, you are in Brazil and you guys have the best meat ever, you've got it easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                  Wow! Look at her ... teeth! I mean seriously, Weston Price would be beside himself at that broad skull structure and those wide dental arches!

wow! Look at her... Post! Psycologists would drool over the thought of analysing you and this off-topic comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rivvin View Post
                    If my brother can do it, so can you, so just keep on truckin! Plus, you are in Brazil and you guys have the best meat ever, you've got it easy.
                    Yeah the beef is mostly grass fed. Not sure about the pork. More exotic stuff is hard to find though. Bison, rabbit, ostrich, aligator, etc. It can be found but not cheap. For now I'm staying away from the chicken for the most part because I don't think it's free-range, or it's hard to tell as they don't label them as such like in the states. Free range eggs are fairly easy to find, with orange yolks, and are often named differently than "normal" eggs. Coconut milk is easy to find, but not Coconut oil for some strange reason - plus it's REALLY expensive. Very odd given that coconuts themselves are grown and sold everywhere. It's tough to think about making home-made coconut oil though... lots of work. I think Brazil bought into that saturated fat is evil nonsense.

Comment

• It's okay; I've been reading too much of the Old Photos thread lately. Facial analysis is on the mind.

Congrats to *all* of you - the results are amazing and so inspirational.
                      5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                      Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                      Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                      Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                      ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Wow, Rivvin, you look awesome, and the changes your brother has made are inspiring! Congrats to both of you, and pass our best wishes on to your brother
                        "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• Never took any flexing/posing pictures before so...here they are, look a little goofy . 22 weeks into primal, down to 219lbs. Again, I can't thank everyone who post here enough, your pictures and success stories provide SO much motivation, I'm so happy I can be a part of that.

Last edited by Glenn; 09-07-2011, 05:17 PM.
                          Height: 6'2
                          Primal start date: April 1st 2011
                          Start Weight: 300.4 lbs
                          Current Weight: 226 lbs (1/16/2012)
                          Goal weight: 205 lbs
                          Total lost so far: 74.4 lbs

Comment

• April 2011 26% bf 155lbs

Sept 2011 14% 141lb
                            Last edited by kitoi; 09-08-2011, 05:38 AM.
                            http://kitoikitchen.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Amazing progress Kitoi! You've really leaned out.
                              Height: 6'2
                              Primal start date: April 1st 2011
                              Start Weight: 300.4 lbs
                              Current Weight: 226 lbs (1/16/2012)
                              Goal weight: 205 lbs
                              Total lost so far: 74.4 lbs

Comment

• Glenn and Kitoi, great progress! You guys look incredible.

Comment

Working...
                                X