Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Hey, im jumping in on the Happy Train here. I scrolled through quite a few pages and lost track of everyone, but grats to everyone who are working so hard and getting such amazing results. It is the success stories that really inspire me and keep me going
      "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

• I don't have before pictures unfortunately, but a little background: I was about 210 lbs five years ago. I'm 5'7. I got down to the high 160s low 170s through CW, which I maintained for the most part for a few years. I started PB in February, and I'm down to the 152 nowadays. I still want to cut a bit more fat, but in a month or two I plan to start trying to put on about 7 more lbs of muscle.

Comment

• The picture on the left was taken on my birthday last year in May when I was around 215 lbs at 5'9". I started eating primally November 1st of last year at around 210 lbs. The picture on the right was taken today at 169 lbs. While losing the weight has been great, the biggest change I've experienced is the complete absence of joint pain for the first time in a little over a decade!

Comment

• Hey Wilder. Great job. Joint pain relief has been my biggest plus with this so far too.

Comment

• Damn dude, that's awesome! Way to go!

Comment

• Holy crap Wilder, great job! You look fantastic!

Comment

• And the Journey Continues

Still have a lot of room for improvement but this is my latest about a month after my last. It probably doesn't help to see the progress that my pictures are different...I need to standardize the distance my sister is taking pictures from and some other things obviously.

I had full size pictures before but switched to click-able thumbnails anyone think one is preferable to the other?
                  Last edited by Raiken3712; 09-02-2011, 03:57 PM. Reason: Messed up picture posting...lol starting over
                  Height: 6'1"
                  Primal start date: July 1st 2011
                  Start Weight: 275
                  Current Weight: 248
                  Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
                  Body Fat 25.4%
                  Fat Mass 63.721
                  Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                  Fat Free Mass 187.087
                  Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
                  Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

• Way to go, Raiken! Don't you just love when you actually see progress after a short amount of time?

Has anyone checked out Glenn's journal lately? he posted his 5 month picture there, but not here, and he is looking seriously different from his last set of pictures a month ago.
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Sure do..can't wait till I'm below 20% BF Anyone notice my new sig stats? I went to UTPB in Odessa Texas and got a BodPod body composition test. Those things are so cool. It takes like 5-10 mins and you get body fat mass fat free mass + the percents of each ...of course you could figure out those yourself if you had the mass numbers and Resting Metabolic Rate. The only negative was the fact they used predicted Thoracic Gas Volume instead of tested ...supposed to throw it off by as much as 3-5%...hopefully not the 5.

- BOD POD Site Locator A locator for a BodPod near you if anyone wants to find out cool stuff...I got mine for free may not be the same at every location though.

I'll go check out Glenn's journal a month sure can make a big difference.
                      Height: 6'1"
                      Primal start date: July 1st 2011
                      Start Weight: 275
                      Current Weight: 248
                      Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
                      Body Fat 25.4%
                      Fat Mass 63.721
                      Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                      Fat Free Mass 187.087
                      Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
                      Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

• re Wilder pictures

Wow Wilder that is awesome- you look great. Thanks for posting- a great inspiration!

Comment

• my primal life update

Originally posted by bbaker6212 View Post
                          OK, unfortunately I don't have any before pic. I've always hovered around 175 lbs and in decent shape most of my life. Then two months ago I started reading, learning, and eating more Primal - say 90% or so (I eat fermented dairy and lots of nuts, seeds, plus some lentils), plus I stopped jogging and started doing sprint training. Still do a bit of bar work - pullups, dips, etc., but haven't been in the gym for over a year. Today I stepped on the scale for the first time in years and I weigh 164 lbs, same as when I graduated high school. It will be interesting to see what happens 6 to 12 months down the line with a continued Primal lifestyle - especially if I get back into the gym! I posted this result and a link to this site to my friends on Facebook as a thank you to Mark Sisson and all the other Paleo sites I've learned from. I'll be 48 years old in December.

[as of August 13, 2011] It's about time for an update. My best attempt at a shirtless James bond. ;-)
                          About 4 months being Primal now, and about 1 month back at the gym 3 days a week after a year off. Previously I had been doing only bar work on the beach - pullups, pushups, dips, ect. I would like continue my sprint-walks two days a week but have only been able to do it sporadically right now due to nursing an injured achilles tendon I hurt the first day I ran on my new barefoot/minimal running shoes. Learn from my mistake and take it easy and let your feet get used to things the first couple weeks if you go minimal. My weight today is 170 lbs (5'10"), not unexpected as my goal was to add muscle and I've been eating like a pig - of course still low-carb. Full disclosure... the overhead light is exaggerating things via shadows... but hey, I'll take it. I can use the motivation by way of progress even if exaggerated ;-)

Comment

• One non-primal thing... I was taking a Creatine suplement before workouts. Not every day, but sporadically. I think this is part of my achilles tendon (or lower calf problem). A friend of mine did the same thing. Pulled his calf doing sprints while on Creatine. A word of warning, esp. for you bare-footies. Creatine has been reported by many people that it can cause cramping. Drink liberal amounts of water if you're not already.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaker6212 View Post
                              [as of August 13, 2011] It's about time for an update. My best attempt at a shirtless James bond. ;-)
                              About 4 months being Primal now, and about 1 month back at the gym 3 days a week after a year off. Previously I had been doing only bar work on the beach - pullups, pushups, dips, ect. I would like continue my sprint-walks two days a week but have only been able to do it sporadically right now due to nursing an injured achilles tendon I hurt the first day I ran on my new barefoot/minimal running shoes. Learn from my mistake and take it easy and let your feet get used to things the first couple weeks if you go minimal. My weight today is 170 lbs (5'10"), not unexpected as my goal was to add muscle and I've been eating like a pig - of course still low-carb. Full disclosure... the overhead light is exaggerating things via shadows... but hey, I'll take it. I can use the motivation by way of progress even if exaggerated ;-)

Oh!... I did finally find a before picture. This was about 1 year ago when I was full-on eating high carb and not exercising much (If I remember correctly). I also was not getting much sun, obviously. I wasn't very over-weight for sure, but soft and higher body fat (BMI?) in comparison to my leaner, primal self now.

Last edited by bbaker6212; 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM.

Comment

• Wow! Look at her ... teeth! I mean seriously, Weston Price would be beside himself at that broad skull structure and those wide dental arches!

5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                                Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                                Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                                Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                                ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Working...
                                X