This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Feanor78 View Post
    I figured I'd give everyone an update... I started changing the way I eat around 5/2010, so it's been about a year and three months since I "went primal"... SO in that time I went from 336lbs with a 46 waist and basically no strength:

to 255lbs with a 38 waist and some pretty decent strength

So basically, huzzah for coconut products, pork belly, collard greens, sprinting and weight lifting!
    I wanna' know everything dude! What's your workout routine look like?
    I'm eating clean 90% primal but want to incorporate some exercise now.

Please let me know, any helps appreciated

This is serious inspiration right here!

Comment

• Kitoi, enjoy the new wardrobe dude!

Holy crap Feanor. You've put muscle on your muscle! Nice work!!

Comment

• Your location: Sunny Florida (Though you couldn't tell from my pasty white skin).

Age (If you want): 53

How Primal are you: 80/20

Do you consume dairy: Just added it back with no problems.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Periodically; not often.

Motivator for switching to Primal: Health concerns; High Cholesterol.

Favorite exercise: Resistance training. Cardio

Favorite Primal food: If it bleeds, I will eat it!

Best part about being Primal: I am an anomaly of sorts. No one understands, but they can sure see the difference.

Worst part about being Primal: Picky eater....can't have this, can't have that. Not difficult, just have to really scrutinize what you are taking in. Before it was just, 'open wide'.

Here is a picture of me with my wife about a year ago. I was 191 with a 34 inch waist and growing:

Here I am now, 4.5 mos primal at 161 lbs and a 31 waistline. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe:

My wife even remarked recently that she can see an outline where my abs are trying to pop through! I know that I am not large by any power lifters standard, but I am proud of where I am at at 53 yrs old.
        Last edited by scottbushey; 08-11-2011, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottbushey View Post
          Your location: Sunny Florida (Though you couldn't tell from my pasty white skin).

Best part about being Primal: I am an anomaly of sorts. No one understands, but they can sure see the difference.

Worst part about being Primal: Picky eater....can't have this, can't have that. Not difficult, just have to really scrutinize what you are taking in. Before it was just, 'open wide'.

Here is a picture of me with my wife about a year ago. I was 191 with a 34 inch wait and growing:

Here I am now, 4.5 mos primal at 161 lbs and a 31 waistline. I had to buy a whole new wardrobe:

My wife even remarked recently that she can see an outline where my abs are trying to pop through! I know that I am not large by any power lifters standard, but I am proud of where I am at at 53 yrs old.

53? DAMN! You're looking pretty hawt for 53

Feanor, damn dude, you're looking like a linebacker! Nice work
          I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Scott - you look great! As do all the other recent before and afters!
            Karin

A joyful heart is good medicine

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliot

Mmmmm. Real food is good.

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread29685.html

Comment

• This is my before... I want to be FIT and tone up. Notice all the nice lack of muscle definition... Pretty decent starting platform, at least I'm trying to convince myself of that!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Warrior face!

Depression Lies

Comment

• Sweet warrior face namelesswonder. No complaints about the starting platform either.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThousandReasons View Post
                  I wanna' know everything dude! What's your workout routine look like?
                  I'm eating clean 90% primal but want to incorporate some exercise now.
                  I'll second that. Feanor, you're a beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottbushey View Post
                    Your location: Sunny Florida (Though you couldn't tell from my pasty white skin).

Here is a picture of me with my wife about a year ago. I was 191 with a 34 inch waist and growing:

Wow - fantastic transformation!! Hard to imagine someone could change so much in 4 months
                    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

• The thing I love most about these pictures is the ones where people have purposly taken 'before' pictures with the intention of changing and almost every one of them has an expression of pure misery on their faces, and then the 'after' picture shows them 10 years younger, standing tall and looking ultra happy - it's great to see.

Some really astonishing transformations here.

Comment

• 032611082237 by jaysondecambra, on Flickr[/QUOTE]

WOW. Amazing progress...

44 Male 5'9"
                        Start 276
                        Presently 248
                        1st Goal 200
                        Ultimate goal 180.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaysond View Post
                          thank you sooo much. i think it worked

74_f89d2_bf347ca8_tn by jaysondecambra, on Flickr

032611082237 by jaysondecambra, on Flickr

BETTER PICS

3f_f8a07_c7fa5f7_tn by jaysondecambra, on Flickr
                          Is that the same female in both pictures? HAWT!!!!

44 Male 5'9"
                          Start 276
                          Presently 248
                          1st Goal 200
                          Ultimate goal 180.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            Pretty decent starting platform...
                            That's a very modest way to put it.
                            August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

This is my before... I want to be FIT and tone up. Notice all the nice lack of muscle definition... Pretty decent starting platform, at least I'm trying to convince myself of that!

Warrior face!

Lift heavy, that's all a body like yours needs. The changes in diet will obviously help, but you need to take up a strength program and stick with it. Looking good already though!

Edit: I'm looking to post pics in this thread in the coming months, maybe something by the end of September if I can stick to what I'm doing.
                              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

You might have a little bit of "anterior pelvic tilt".

Let's see if you manage to keep up with the other people in here in terms of awesome transformations. I'm certainly looking forward to that result

Comment

Working...
                                X