Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats on the progress Raiken3712! Not sure about the moderation but if you want your pictures up instantly go make a photobucket account and upload them there, then copy and paste the IMG code in your post.
    Height: 6'2
    Primal start date: April 1st 2011
    Start Weight: 300.4 lbs
    Current Weight: 226 lbs (1/16/2012)
    Goal weight: 205 lbs
    Total lost so far: 74.4 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn View Post
      Congrats on the progress Raiken3712! Not sure about the moderation but if you want your pictures up instantly go make a photobucket account and upload them there, then copy and paste the IMG code in your post.
      Huh? Are you saying photobucket pictures aren't moderated? Why would that be...do they moderate pictures at photobucket so the forum doesn't make them moderated or what? Thanks for the tip

btw I'm sorta curious about what changes others notice....so I know if I'm just making it up in my head..I think I see most of the change in my man boobs not sure what else.
      Height: 6'1"
      Primal start date: July 1st 2011
      Start Weight: 275
      Current Weight: 248
      Stats below as of September 1st 2011 Tested via BodPod
      Body Fat 25.4%
      Fat Mass 63.721
      Fat Free Mass 74.6%
      Fat Free Mass 187.087
      Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)
      Total lost so far: 27 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by Raiken3712 View Post
        Huh? Are you saying photobucket pictures aren't moderated? Why would that be...do they moderate pictures at photobucket so the forum doesn't make them moderated or what? Thanks for the tip

btw I'm sorta curious about what changes others notice....so I know if I'm just making it up in my head..I think I see most of the change in my man boobs not sure what else.
        Not sure how they handle it, I just know that when you use the IMG link in your post, the pictures seem to show up right away. I only see one picture up at the moment.
        Height: 6'2
        Primal start date: April 1st 2011
        Start Weight: 300.4 lbs
        Current Weight: 226 lbs (1/16/2012)
        Goal weight: 205 lbs
        Total lost so far: 74.4 lbs

Comment

• It shows them all for me but that's not surprising since I'm the one that uploaded them I guess I'll go get a photobucket account.
          Body Fat 25.4%
          Fat Mass 63.721
          Fat Free Mass 74.6%
          Fat Free Mass 187.087
          Goal weight: 180-200 lbs(Recommended weight is around 180 for my height but that sounds low)

Comment

• good lord sean, if i were a guy and got that cut i'd be grinning like a fiend too. nicely done
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

• Raiken - definitely less moobs!!
              Sean - great work!
              5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
              Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
              Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
              Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
              ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• [/QUOTE]I wish I knew all I know now about eating well before my Appendectomy. From what I've read I could have avoided it with better eating.[/QUOTE]

My appendix ruptured when I was 2. I am not sure that bad eating habits really have that much of an influence on it.

Great job on the progress!
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• I wish I knew all I know now about eating well before my Appendectomy. From what I've read I could have avoided it with better eating.[/QUOTE]

My appendix ruptured when I was 2. I am not sure that bad eating habits really have that much of an influence on it.

Great job on the progress![/QUOTE]
                  Thanks I'm pretty sure things can vary a good deal though. Just because something happens early for some people doesn't mean it isn't influenced by eating for others. I'm sorta curious what reason there could be for that at the age of 2 though. Your probably right that diet didn't have any influence in your case.
                  I've read in more than one place that SAD is linked to Appendicitis though. Oh well I don't think its hurting me too much...the worst things about my life right now are stressing about a job and not eating that great due to said lack of a job. I think I'm better off eating my eggs and sandwich meat and cheese..cucumbers and the few other things I'm eating than when I was eating what everyone else in my house does.

I'm probably a bit low on the calories considering my options are so limited right now, but at least I'm not eating a ton of carbs and sugar anymore. Before I started eating what I listed I ate a good amount of Spaghetti...probably at least 2-3 cups every time we had it. Scalloped potatoes when we had Pork Chops and lots of corn. I think I have more energy now than I did than with less calories.

I just did a drug test for Walgreens and if all goes well I'll be working there within a week and can buy some more good food. I would like my family to start eating more like me and ditch the cereal and other grains, but they aren't going for it yet...maybe someday. I asked my mom for my Grandma's e-mail and she asked why... I told her to ask her about her diet and such because this was working for me and my grandma is diabetic. I'd like to see if she is open to it...I don't believe my mom thinks this isn't working for me but when I said that she went on and on about not letting me indoctrinate my grandma. Like it was some screwy messed up diet that would make things worse. She said shes 75 and just leave her alone. Personally I'd rather her feel better and live as long as possible screw not changing things because shes 75. My mom said shes already lost a lot of weight, but I'm highly suspect of why shes lost weight and think whatever diet her doctor has her on is probably not great. Its probably calorie restricted and so shes losing weight because calorie restriction also causes carb restriction.

Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                  Raiken - definitely less moobs!!
                  Sean - great work!
                  Thanks just wanted some confirmation of what I think I'm seeing so I know I'm not going crazy and man great work Sean...someday I hope I'm built somewhat like that.
                  Last edited by Raiken3712; 07-25-2011, 08:21 PM.
                  Body Fat 25.4%
                  Fat Mass 63.721
                  Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                  Fat Free Mass 187.087

Comment

• Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                    Congrats on the progress Raiken3712! Not sure about the moderation but if you want your pictures up instantly go make a photobucket account and upload them there, then copy and paste the IMG code in your post.
                    I went to register and my username was in use...I'm pretty sure I registered it a few years ago, but can't remember my password...I hate making new accounts when I know I have one so I e-mailed them and they sent a support message back asking a bunch of questions so I can get my password reset lol. Thanks again for the tip.
                    Body Fat 25.4%
                    Fat Mass 63.721
                    Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                    Fat Free Mass 187.087

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanBissell View Post
                      I was mostly "Primal" before these pictures, for a good 2 years or so.

But I decided to tighten up the nutrition and exercise program in preparation to go to Hawaii

Here's the results.
                      -Sean

WOW! You are ripped dude!

Mind divulging your workout routine...

Comment

• Good progress Raiken and Sean. Sean, you're definitely in the ripped category. Keep it up!

Comment

• Raiken I already see a difference in your face and chest. Keep it up.

Sean You have a great smile...okay the body is not bad either. lol
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Sean: freakin awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Raiken3712 View Post
                              It's hard to tell because of the lighting, but I'd bet one of the reasons the stretch marks seem more obvious is because there's less fat behind them. I've noticed my gut fat is squishier - not as firm as before.

Also, if you're eating primally, your muscle mass will increase while you lose weight, so I bet you've lost more than 5 lbs of fat. Have you been working out yet?

Comment

• I'm done some wall pushups...but am incredibly weak so haven't done much and I can't seem to do planks...its hard trying to get into position. I think I'm gonna have to figure out another stomach exercise. I've also done some squats but not many. I used some 10 pound dumbbells a few times but not much. I walk/ride my bike every day for 1-3 hours. I'm not sure if I'm even at 55% heart rate but I don't have a monitor so I don't know at all. Fairly certain I'm not above 75% though.

I haven't really tried sprints much as I had a MCL sprain that's mostly healed but it still hurts some and running is hard on my knees. I'm thought about doing walking sprints but haven't looked up yet how that works.
                                Body Fat 25.4%
                                Fat Mass 63.721
                                Fat Free Mass 74.6%
                                Fat Free Mass 187.087

Comment

Working...
                                X