Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a progress photo from the past year since going Primal. Thought it would be appropriate since it's my birthday today.
    Check Out My Blog: The Exercise Rebel
    Check Out My Primal Success Story on Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevo View Post
      Here's a progress photo from the past year since going Primal. Thought it would be appropriate since it's my birthday today.
      Impressive change!
      Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• Happy birthday Stevo! And wow, I thought you were plenty ripped when you took that September pic -- but look at you, your abs and lats have their own abs and lats.
        "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Thanks Twibble and Jenny!

Appreciate it.

/Steven
          Check Out My Blog: The Exercise Rebel
          Check Out My Primal Success Story on Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

• Originally posted by Twibble View Post
            Impressive change!
            Ditto!

My guy is also doing paleo/primal with me, and his body is similar. Here's hoping by June 2012 I'm posting similar shots of him!

(Okay, probably not...he's notoriously camera shy.)
            Steph
            My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Hey, Stevo, you look good enough to eat! AMAZING transformation!

Comment

• Nice work, Steve, and Happy Birthday! Getting better with age!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stevo View Post
                  Here's a progress photo from the past year since going Primal. Thought it would be appropriate since it's my birthday today.

If i saw you walking along like that i might slam into something
                  I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• OK, unfortunately I don't have any before pic. I've always hovered around 175 lbs and in decent shape most of my life. Then two months ago I started reading, learning, and eating more Primal - say 90% or so (I eat fermented dairy and lots of nuts, seeds, plus some lentils), plus I stopped jogging and started doing sprint training. Still do a bit of bar work - pullups, dips, etc., but haven't been in the gym for over a year. Today I stepped on the scale for the first time in years and I weigh 164 lbs, same as when I graduated high school. It will be interesting to see what happens 6 to 12 months down the line with a continued Primal lifestyle - especially if I get back into the gym! I posted this result and a link to this site to my friends on Facebook as a thank you to Mark Sisson and all the other Paleo sites I've learned from. I'll be 48 years old in December.

Last edited by bbaker6212; 06-23-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Awesome job! That is amazing progress. Happy Birthday as well!
                      5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
                      Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
                      Weight: 259
                      Total Cholesterol: 243
                      LDL: 188
                      HDL: 40
                      Trig: 96

2-18-11
                      Weight: 228
                      Total Cholesterol: 239
                      LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
                      HDL: 46
                      Trig: 49

6-23-11
                      Weight: 197.2
                      Total Cholesterol: 225
                      LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
                      HDL: 56
                      Trig: 38

Comment

• Nice bbaker! congrats on your success - you look younger than you are by the way! Can't complain about that I'm sure

Comment

• Thanks, that's prob the lighting and fuzzy focus working there. But I'll take any compliment thrown my way. ;-)

Comment

• Yeah, that transformation by Stevo is something else. Congrat's there. I'm not sure I have enough self discipline to get to ab's like those.

Comment

• bbaker, you look fabulous. Good job!

Stevo may be naturally eight-pack-inclined. Even in his before picture his abs were vaguely visible, which is unusual at that body weight I think. (NOT to undercut your amazing achievement, Stevo! But my point is you've always had a really nice underlying build.)
                              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by bbaker6212 View Post
                                OK, unfortunately I don't have any before pic. I've always hovered around 175 lbs and in decent shape most of my life. Then two months ago I started reading, learning, and eating more Primal - say 90% or so (I eat fermented dairy and lots of nuts, seeds, plus some lentils), plus I stopped jogging and started doing sprint training. Still do a bit of bar work - pullups, dips, etc., but haven't been in the gym for over a year. Today I stepped on the scale for the first time in years and I weigh 164 lbs, same as when I graduated high school. It will be interesting to see what happens 6 to 12 months down the line with a continued Primal lifestyle - especially if I get back into the gym! I posted this result and a link to this site to my friends on Facebook as a thank you to Mark Sisson and all the other Paleo sites I've learned from. I'll be 48 years old in December.

Yummy. Gets me started thinking about a trip to Rio.....................

Comment

Working...
                                X