This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I have been "obese" since I was 9 years old. Even though I am a great Person, Wife, Mom, Teacher etc. my weight and self esteem have negatively effected all areas of my life for over 30 years. I have tried every "diet", but my ultimate failure every time led to more self loathing and mistrust. I would think, "You are an intelligent person. Why can't you beat this? What the hell is wrong with you?"

The Primal Blueprint has given me hope and turned me into the whole person that I was meant to be. No longer am I that tired and somewhat sad woman who was just going through the motions and had gotten old before her time. My new theme song is Katy Perry's "Baby You're a Firework".

This plan can work for anyone. I've been converting people just by living the life and being my new self. When people ask, I give them a copy of Primal 101, tell them to give it a try and come back to me with any questions.
    Life is good!
    First post from a Newbie on the site to say - wow, you made me cry with the above! ... Awesome progress/photos and you were and are beautiful! You have a lovely shape and you're on an amazing journey! Thanks for the inspiration.

also, kaytoo - WOWZA!! You're doing awesome, I'm just a few days in at about the same starting weight/shape so you are a great inspiration!

Spacemanspiff - OMG what a transformation!
    Last edited by MaBelle; 04-22-2011, 04:56 AM. Reason: my first post, so I thought I'd share some more love with other brave transformers!

Comment

• Kaytoo, Spiff... Very very visible progress! That's fucking awesome. Keep it up and keep us updated!
      August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• I just did a weight, measure and picture check in today on my journal. My before and during pictures are back a ways on this thread. Maybe Page 200...I've been Primal for almost 2 months. I'm close to goal so my progress has slowed, but I still see some.
        My Journal
        sigpic

Comment

• I posted my story a while back here.

Figured I would post a few photos to show progress and just add some more "proof" that this way of life works. It feels a little weird posting photos of yourself up here.

First pic is me about a year and a half ago, eating whatever came my way and maybe running once a week or so. Pic is from Dec. 2009 (I think)

Here we are after about 5 months of "chronic cardio" and a crazy restrictive low-fat CW diet. It was a ton of work to maintain this diet. I lost about 30lbs, but I was miserable for the most part. I look like those sickly vegans that Richard Nikoley is always showing at Free the Animal. Pic is from Summer of 2010

And finally, this is after probably 7 months of Primal eating and lifestyle. I feel 1000 times better than in the previous picture, eat whatever I want (within the primal guidelines obviously) and workout a fraction of the time, lots of HIIT, sprints, and body weight stuff. No more daily 8 mile runs! Pic is from a few days ago.
          Last edited by Goldsmith; 04-22-2011, 08:31 AM. Reason: Added approximate dates to photos.
          "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
          - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

• Goldsmith, um.....very nice! Being a happily married woman, that's all I'm gonna say.
            My Journal
            sigpic

Comment

• Wow, thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I am indeed feeling pretty good.

Originally posted by jammies View Post
              That is awesome progress Kaytoo! Not just thinner, but younger looking too
              Thanks! I'm only 22, though, so I wouldn't want to look too much younger. The sad part is that I was 18 in the 2007 picture--if only I'd figured all this stuff out in high school...

Originally posted by goodangels View Post
              Wow Kaytoo, that's really fantastic. There is an hourglass figure emerging from under all that weight that any woman would give their eye teeth for. What is your goal in six months? You're going great!
              Hmm, goal, that's a good question. I think I'll basically be happy as long as I'm still on the right track and making progress. That being said, the main reason why I don't have an exact "goal weight" isn't because I'm philosophically against the concept; it's because I've never had a good body composition, so I really have no idea what my ideal weight would be. I'd like to gain more muscle, too, so who knows. I'd say my goal now is to look good for my 6 month photos!

Comment

• umm Goldsmith .. tee hee nice ughh smile...
                "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                Currant: 136 lbs
                Goal: 125 lbs
                11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Goldsmith, that's insane progress! It almost defies description. 5 months between the middle and final picture? Da-amn! Well done!!

I have a new site up and will soon be blogging at The Wayward Mind. (My journal is semi-retired at this point)

Comment

• Thanks for the comments everyone.

Patrick, the last photo is about 9 months after the middle photo. But after only 7 months of primal eating and lifestyle.

The middle photo is from the summer of 2010, and I started primal around Oct. of 2010.
                    "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
                    - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

Comment

• Originally posted by CKATTO71 View Post
                      I just did a weight, measure and picture check in today on my journal. My before and during pictures are back a ways on this thread. Maybe Page 200...I've been Primal for almost 2 months. I'm close to goal so my progress has slowed, but I still see some.
                      Dang, Ckatt, you're about the same height and weight as me, but you must be solid muscle--you're super lean! Nice back muscles, too. You look great!

Comment

• 9 months is still fantastic progress. Here's hoping I can do half as well!

Comment

• @Kaytoo - Dropped you a private message, I'm also in Chicago if you want to meet up sometime!

Comment

• tee hee.. the before and after dating thread..
                            "If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place." Nora Roberts

Start December 20th 2010: 177 lbs
                            Currant: 136 lbs
                            Goal: 125 lbs
                            11 more lbs to go

Follow My Journey :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaytoo View Post
                              Dang, Ckatt, you're about the same height and weight as me, but you must be solid muscle--you're super lean! Nice back muscles, too. You look great!
                              I don't feel super lean, but pictures don't lie so I have to believe them. The muscles has to be the reason my weight and measurements remain higher than I expected them to, because I have never looked anywhere near lean at this weight before!
                              My Journal
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CKATTO71 View Post
                                I don't feel super lean, but pictures don't lie so I have to believe them. The muscles has to be the reason my weight and measurements remain higher than I expected them to, because I have never looked anywhere near lean at this weight before!
                                Yeah, must be! What clothing sizes do you usually wear, if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Working...
                                X