This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by denise View Post
    OK, I admit it, I feel inadequate! Some of these ladies look SO good - I am wondering why i am even bothering.

(before anyone yells, I know "be the best you can be" and all that, yeah, yeah)

But I am no "pin up" - I am never going to be happy with what i see in the mirror, let alone want to show people. For those more genetically gifted people who can aim for perfection - good for you! My avatar says it all - "no pictures please"

On the other hand, seeing the Cinderella (male and female) transformations is fun! I guess the lack of clothes does show whether people have also achieved toned, flat tums, good muscles and no cellulite - covered up is easier to "flatter/disguise"??

Maybe I will start that other thread someone suggested for those of us with more of a problem - I could call it the "quite good considering" thread? (JOKING)

I can honestly say that whether it is gaining muscle or losing weight visualizing the result works. It keeps your attitude up and gives you a better over all well being. Having an attitude where you give yourself no hope is deffinatly not helping you out.

Granted I don't know you what so ever and you could have started your journey at 600 lbs but with the correct diet (which your doing), exercise, a positive attitude and time you can get to whatever your goal weight is. You may get their and have saggy skin or whatever but that is cosmetic and can be fixed if need be. Don't sell yourself short.
    "Live Free or Die"

Comment

• 5'10"
      Oh dear. Tall women have a power over me...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bostonbully View Post
        I can honestly say that whether it is gaining muscle or losing weight visualizing the result works. It keeps your attitude up and gives you a better over all well being. Having an attitude where you give yourself no hope is deffinatly not helping you out.

Granted I don't know you what so ever and you could have started your journey at 600 lbs but with the correct diet (which your doing), exercise, a positive attitude and time you can get to whatever your goal weight is. You may get their and have saggy skin or whatever but that is cosmetic and can be fixed if need be. Don't sell yourself short.
        i didn't mean to sound so "down" on myself. I just think I have accepted that I am not going to look in a mirror and say "god, I look hot!" -its just not me....... and I'm highly unlikely to post underwear shots of myself (be grateful), let alone very "posed" ones, to share that feeling. For those who do feel that good - great, go for it. Its obviously well appreciated (though I also know people here are in general so supportive that even I would probably get a "good job" reply!) I love seeing people who are amazed at how far they have come!

I do have some hope - for a better body than I have right now. I also don't underestimate how far I have come - down about 100lbs, no sagging skin, good muscles. I have a lot to be grateful for

Comment

• On this thread, I've seen people of all beginnings become people of all different kinds of endings, and honestly, I'm so grateful for all who have shared their journeys. Some end up as cavemen, supermodels, superheroes, vikings, amazons, pinup posers, and brute squad members, while others end up as ordinary moms and dads, brothers and sisters, employees and employers, fellow journeyers, still with cellulite, warts, and all, just leaner, fitter, healthier versions of how they started. It's all inspiring to me, each story in its own way.
          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
            On this thread, I've seen people of all beginnings become people of all different kinds of endings, and honestly, I'm so grateful for all who have shared their journeys. Some end up as cavemen, supermodels, superheroes, vikings, amazons, pinup posers, and brute squad members, while others end up as ordinary moms and dads, brothers and sisters, employees and employers, fellow journeyers, still with cellulite, warts, and all, just leaner, fitter, healthier versions of how they started. It's all inspiring to me, each story in its own way.
            here's to different endings, successful journeys - and enjoying every step of the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
              MIL...H Grok.
              Mothers you'd like to ... Hug. Ah, such a nice gesture, Caveman! Or did you mean Honor? Yes, that must be it!

Maybe I'm just horrible at guessing weight but you didn't look like 170 in that first pic. When I read that # I wondered if you were like 6 ft tall. And you don't have to worry about risque pics. Unless you're a State Senator trolling craigslist for black transexuals...
              MountainDew, I still have no idea what you're talking about on either point. LOL. Turning 35 must mean "become completely clueless" for me.

Comment

• Hug, hug. That's right. Haveoverforteaandachat.
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

On this thread, I've seen people of all beginnings become people of all different kinds of endings, and honestly, I'm so grateful for all who have shared their journeys. Some end up as cavemen, supermodels, superheroes, vikings, amazons, pinup posers, and brute squad members, while others end up as ordinary moms and dads, brothers and sisters, employees and employers, fellow journeyers, still with cellulite, warts, and all, just leaner, fitter, healthier versions of how they started. It's all inspiring to me, each story in its own way.
                  +1000

Comment

• On this thread, I've seen people of all beginnings become people of all different kinds of endings, and honestly, I'm so grateful for all who have shared their journeys. Some end up as cavemen, supermodels, superheroes, vikings, amazons, pinup posers, and brute squad members, while others end up as ordinary moms and dads, brothers and sisters, employees and employers, fellow journeyers, still with cellulite, warts, and all, just leaner, fitter, healthier versions of how they started. It's all inspiring to me, each story in its own way.
                    waitwaitwaitwait....

I get to be a VIKING?! Is that like a fringe benefit of this whole thing? AWESOME!

Comment

• Originally posted by Arikara6 View Post
                      waitwaitwaitwait....

I get to be a VIKING?! Is that like a fringe benefit of this whole thing? AWESOME!
                      hang on then - does that mean I can be an amazon??? Ignore all previous posts and let me find that camera.

Comment

MountainDew, I still have no idea what you're talking about on either point. LOL. Turning 35 must mean "become completely clueless" for me.
                        I just meant that at 170 and 5'4" I would expect you to "look" heavier. When you said you were 170 I thought to myself "she doesn't look, it she must be tall!" But I get it, I'm a short guy myself and at my heaviest (215) I would shock people when I told them my weight. Granted I've been in and out of the gym since HS so I carry a bit of muscle.

As for the second part, we (here in NY) had a State Senator recently resign because he was married and caught searching for women on craigslist. Shirtless and all. He resigned surprisingly quick for someone that did nothing illegal (immoral? yes). Turns out he had a preference for black transexuals. I guess he wanted to resign to stop all of that from being discovered, but it didn't work. When you mentioned your Senate bid it reminded me of all of that. Makes sense? Yeah, didn't think so.
                        PB Stats:
                        Started 5/10/10
                        Starting Weight: 215
                        Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
                        Goal Weight: 160

Comment

• I don't get it b/c my eyes see a very, very blimpy me in that picture! I felt great that day and like I was looking good for the first time in years and when I saw it, I nearly cried b/c it looked so blimpy to me.

And I had tried googling state senators and transsexuals, b/c I'm that gooby, and got nothing, but I guessed as much. What I didn't get was the idea that pics of my bikini-clad cellulite would somehow not tarnish my future as a Senator. :lol:

Arikara6:
                          Originally posted by Adam Crafter View Post
                          I'm not a Viking yet, but I stopped at Celt this Saturday for a picture.

Well, Kilt and Vibrams, anyway.
                          Originally posted by Feanor78 View Post
                          My friend got me a sword for Christmas, so I thought I would put this up as inspiration... With just 7 months of work YOU TOO can look like a scary viking! Thanks, Primal Blueprint

Last edited by MamaGrok; 03-16-2011, 10:30 AM. Reason: found the other one

Comment

What I didn't get was the idea that pics of my bikini-clad cellulite would somehow not tarnish my future as a Senator.

Wasn't Scott Brown an underwear model? I figure if you can tap an intern in the White House a few bikini pics would be okay. Then again, I think women politicians are held to a different standard so perhaps you are correct.

And I like the clothed and uh, unclothed pics. They are both inspiring. I salute anyone brave enough to post either.

Comment

• Originally posted by denise View Post
                              hang on then - does that mean I can be an amazon??? Ignore all previous posts and let me find that camera.
                              I'm already an Amazon. It's a group in the SCA...
                              Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

Comment

• I have a taiji sword. Learned sword form 7 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X