Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin' good Meg-a-tron! The belly is disappearing!
    Great progress both arikara and marplanauta. Looking much better and manly.
    Geez Raphaella! You're smokin'!

Comment

• looking great meg! i love the ink too!

Comment

• You look fantastic, I can see why you'd be inspired to decorate the new bod.

Any chance of a closer look at the tats? I love well-done body art.

Comment

• Wow Meg, you look amazing!

Comment

• My before and during

So many inspirational stories on here! I'm not where I'd like to be yet, but I am really happy with the progress i've made, and none of it would have happened if it weren't for Mark and this board.
            Last year I was at about 238 pounds, the heaviest I have ever been. After 6 months on primal I am at 191, was a 42" waist, now 36", and I feel great.
            I did not do real before pics, and I don't really like having my picture taken, but I found 1 from last year:

"After" pics, these are from my crappy camera phone so not that great quality:

The crazy thing to me is the pants that I am wearing in the first "after" pic I have had for a looong time, and 6 months ago I couldn't even get them on. Not that I couldn't get them buttoned, I literally could not even pull them up past my thighs, now they fit fine.
            Anyway, thank you all for the inspiration.

EDIT - seems to take a long time for attachments to approve, i'll try to post another way.
            Last edited by jasonmh; 03-14-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Wow thanks everyone for the kind words! I will try and dig up that tattoo thread and post them there.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread7984-3.html For anyone that is interested.
              Last edited by Meg-a-Tron; 03-12-2011, 09:05 PM.
              Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
              Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
              Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
              Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• I have some before and after, and story to tell. I have to admit I wasn't following "Primal" because I didn't know about this site at the time, but what I did was on advice of a dr in So Cal and my diet changes are identical to Primal anyway..low/no carb, lots of lean protein, walnuts, natural, fresh real food, Omega 3 fish oil, and some supplements to get some things back to normal that were found on blood tests, like Maitake mushroom SX fraction to help insulin sensitivity.

I was surprised to read about Primal because when I did, it was like "wow, this is exactly what worked for me," so I'm a big fan.

Just a bit of background: I had a colon surgery in 1991, and just previous did Prednisone for ulcerative colitis. I think the Prednisone did a lot of damage. I got the "low fat" lecture in the hospital, and unfortunately thought that was the thing to do and followed it very closely. This was a disaster. I tried exercise many times, different diets, doctors, and nothing worked. It just got worse and worse.

My doc that figured it out had to sort out both thyroid/hormone mistakes and the diet. This meant fresh, lean protein, the right fats, minimal carbs, cut out the processed junk, and low GI veggies..you know..Primal. I guess what I am saying is that I am "Primal, after the fact." I hope that is close enough! I joined up to learn more and find some Primal-friendly things to expand my diet, because my list right now is pretty short.

This is me in 2006, shooting the Daytona supercross. It actually got worse after this, until I had enough in May 2007, I was about 310 and tired.

This is about 2009. Weight was gone by early 2008, and level since. I'm usually about 190-200. I can't seem to keep the weight down if I exercise. It starts creeping back up, and it's not muscle, it's belly. Weird.

I eat a good breakfast-eggs and walnuts, then snack on fish mid-morning, and a salad for lunch, and just a snack in the evening.

Comment

• looking good DFH. major change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphaella View Post
                    Full body-ish Bs&A:

I'd like to see weekly updates so we can track your progress.
                    "Live Free or Die"

Comment

• Originally posted by Meg-a-Tron View Post

1 Year Primal!! 143 lbs, size 6.
                      PB Stats:
                      Started 5/10/10
                      Starting Weight: 215
                      Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
                      Goal Weight: 160

Comment

• Originally posted by Bostonbully View Post
                        I'd like to see weekly updates so we can track your progress.
                        I'm not sure if weekly would suffice, honestly.

Good work fellas (DFH, marplanauta, Arikara6)!
                        PB Stats:
                        Started 5/10/10
                        Starting Weight: 215
                        Current Weight (1/25/11): 180
                        Goal Weight: 160

Comment

• Wow, great work and great story, DFH. And a nice break from the soft core p0rn.

Maybe some not-so-lean protein might help with being able to exercise and not gain? I absolutely need fat to avoid overeating, and I mean animal fat.
                          5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                          Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                          Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                          Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                          ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Gawd, I love coming to this thread! Note to self - don't look here at lunchtime, cos it streeeetches my hour to about 3 hours!!

Fantastic work, everyone. I can't wait til I can contribute!!
                            Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• DFH, excellent work! You look very sharp in your suit.

You are very lucky to have such an awesome doctor. I have recently changed to a very dialled-in GP too and it makes such a difference to be supported in a way that you know works for your body.

Here's to your continued success!
                              My Journal

Comment

• Thanks MountainDew. I will keep posting updates, this is encouraging

Comment

Working...
                                X