No announcement yet.

"The little red hen"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aagh, I feel your frustration. But I think you are right, with the stress of the wedding (exciting though) you have enough on your plate as it is. If you are feeling strong and well with the eating, then do stick with it, I'm sure the results will come soon. But if the fasting is making you weak and grumpy then I would not persist at this time. Try again later when the pressure has lifted. I hope your day is ever so productive.
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
      Aagh, I feel your frustration. But I think you are right, with the stress of the wedding (exciting though) you have enough on your plate as it is. If you are feeling strong and well with the eating, then do stick with it, I'm sure the results will come soon. But if the fasting is making you weak and grumpy then I would not persist at this time. Try again later when the pressure has lifted. I hope your day is ever so productive.
      thanx Annie for your supportive words. This is a paying wedding, so exciting for them, but not really for me ! Your wedding day should be remembered for all the right reasons, not the wrong ones !!!! so I do not want anything to go wrong for them !!!!!!
      I think that we have worked out that B'n'B, weddings and conferences just aren't happening for us, with the earthquakes, and I haven't been actively promoting our website - so I have parked the website for the next wee while. I am so busy training and doing computer work for DH, I just don't have the hours in a day to have guests too often as well. Anyway once our busy november is out of the way... I can really concentrate on my husbands buisness.
      Anyway best get his shirt ironed, so he can head off - then its baking into the office, food shop, gardening, more scrubbing the garage floor (its a 7 car garage, so HEAPS of scrubbing - for the wedding breakfast), then skirting boards, more gardening, maybe a coffee, .....oh can I just go back to bed ???? LOL

have the bestest day
      G
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• OMG - the home kill man is here (because DH never has time to do-it-himself these days), and I absolutely cannot stomach something going from live to dead...... just doesn't do it for me.... however i can hear the chainsaw thingy and smell the blood....gag......gag
        am happy to eat the end product, but just can't do the killing thing
        I am such a wuuss !
        Right- now that I have that off my chest, free range, grass fed, happy (althou not any more), lamb will be on the menu for us between now and christmas. All welcome !!!!

althou if all 55,000+ of you came over for a feed, we would only get a sniff each, so maybe just the first 1000 or so ?????
        Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 10-29-2012, 02:04 PM. Reason: 55,000 + too many to eat my 6 lambs !!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• so so sad. went out this evening to check on little lamb (it was doing quite well this morning), and the wee thing is dead in the creek. I am so gutted. It was very slowly coming right, and you become so attached to these wee things.
          Not the best evening !

...small steps....

Comment

• morning all - well the BIG DAY has arrived. Tonight I am gonna meet our own little Rachel Hunter - you know the one....was married to Rod Stewart for years....yep, thats the one !!!!!
            So am off to have my hair done this afternoon, but will be wearing the old black outfit that I wear everywhere. In fact its about 10 years old. Maybe with my knee high boots. Actually does it really matter ???? Its not as if she is gonna say - wow whose that old Gwamma in her black sack dress and boots !!!! LOL

anyway huge day before I even get to the hairdressers. I need to mow the lawns, continue to clean out the garage, clean, weed. and its gonna be a hot one !!!!!!!!!
            anyways I need to make a start, so bye for now - be good
            G

...small steps....

Comment

• Fantastic night last night. Rachel is the nicest person !!!!!
              Had a wonderful meal, and lots of tips on dressing for your body shape etc.
              Not home until 11.30pm !!!! and then I couldn't sleep? Don't really know what that was all about. I only had 2 small glasses of wine, so it can't have been that ????????
              anyway the garage floor looks terrible, so I will finish that off today, and we will have to sprinkle confetti or something over the floor to hide the oil marks etc.... that every concrete garage floor has !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Didin't mow the lawns yesterday - so thats also another job for today
              G

...small steps....

Comment

• Oh I am totally and utterly gutted. One of my DDs started to fiddle around with eating clean food a few weeks ago. Unlike me, she has transitioned slowly, and still very much 70/30. This morning her latest complaint - Its too expensive !
                I realise that yes it can be expensive, especially if the household is eating CW foods as well as cleaner foods.
                But we all have choices, and I believe that if she chooses to make it work - it will !!!!!!
                Anyway who am I to judge ?????? I will just vent here instead LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• so I am absolutely knackered. It hasn't been a huge day - as such, but very little sleep last night, coupled with mowing lawns, cleaning, shifting heavy stuff - I am done.
                  DH has gone to play twilight golf - as you do, and Gwamma might just have me a wee shower, and curl up with a wee book.
                  OMG thats right - forgot to say. I have just started reading 50 shades of grey !!!! This old Gwamma is getting all steamed up !!!! I had better not let Gwangag know ! LOL

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    so so sad. went out this evening to check on little lamb (it was doing quite well this morning), and the wee thing is dead in the creek. I am so gutted. It was very slowly coming right, and you become so attached to these wee things.
                    Not the best evening !
                    Oh sad after all the TLC you lavished on it.
                    Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Oh I am totally and utterly gutted. One of my DDs started to fiddle around with eating clean food a few weeks ago. Unlike me, she has transitioned slowly, and still very much 70/30. This morning her latest complaint - Its too expensive !
                      I realise that yes it can be expensive, especially if the household is eating CW foods as well as cleaner foods.
                      But we all have choices, and I believe that if she chooses to make it work - it will !!!!!!
                      Anyway who am I to judge ?????? I will just vent here instead LOL
                      Maybe she will keep going, but 70/30 isn't really enough to do it, as we know. Pity.
                      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• I so agree Annie, I think that she is looking for an excuse, however time will tell. I really hope that she perserveres because she so does not need sugar and all that crap....but that is a l-l-l-o-o-o-o-o-n-n-n-n-n-g-g-g-g-g-g drawn out story that I best not go into right now !!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• 28 years married today. Hmmmmm if I had murdered him, I would be out on good behaviour by now !!!!!!!!LOL
                          Seriously..... heaps of ups.....heaps of downs..... but you become very comfortable in your roles as husband and wife. After 28 years I think that he is starting to 'get it', so I will stick with it a wee bit longer LOL and by crickey.....can I really be bothered trying to break another one in ????????????? LOFL

...small steps....

Comment

28 years married today. Hmmmmm if I had murdered him, I would be out on good behaviour by now !!!!!!!!LOL
                            Seriously..... heaps of ups.....heaps of downs..... but you become very comfortable in your roles as husband and wife. After 28 years I think that he is starting to 'get it', so I will stick with it a wee bit longer LOL and by crickey.....can I really be bothered trying to break another one in ????????????? LOFL
                            CONGRATULATIONS. That is a fantastic milestone for you both, and a wonderful legacy for your children. May you have a truly special day and best wishes for many more happy years together.
                            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

• thanx Annie, just another day - getting ready for this wedding, so it will go by in a flash.
                              Hope the party preps are going well. have the best day, and happy birthday DD12

...small steps....

Comment

• I have woken to a very fresh sprinkle of snow on the hills. Its November !!!!!! It should be topless sunbathing weather !!!!!
                                Not that saggy baggy wrinkled Gwamma would be doing anything like that !!!!!!!!!!!
                                More wedding preps today. I am so looking forward to next monday. Actually sunday will be great, but will have a bit of a clean up on that day - so mondays the one I am aiming for !!
                                Have a great day peoples

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                                X