No announcement yet.

"The little red hen"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanx Annie, I think that I just might stick with it for a wee bit longer !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Friday has dawned, much like yesterday - wind, wind and more wind !
      The scale is down 2 kgs this week, and officially the week ends monday morning ? Thats huge !!!!! Obviously this adjusted macros equation is working for me.
      However lets not get too excited just yet. Lets try this for another week first...then another...

...small steps....

Comment

you're right, that IS huge. Well done, Gwamma. It is so exciting to test out a scheme and have it work so well and so quickly! I just cannot believe how fast the changes come with this way of eating.

A warm welcome to your wee lambs, too.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Thanx Annie. Another three sets of twins this morning, one succumbed. So this ewe who has had two, but one dead - wants to pinch anothert lamb !!!!! i have just left them to it ? best to let them sort out their own squabbles.

have the best day

...small steps....

Comment

Hey Gwamma - nice work with the blood results and weight loss for the week.

Comment

Thanx Lizzielou. How is everything in your camp ?

...small steps....

Comment

All good, but very wet!

Looking forward to getting the weekend underway.

Comment

Yes I agree totally. Have the best weekend and take the redbands with you !

...small steps....

Comment

Another loss this am. Wooo Hooo !!!!!!! and I had a huge glass of wine last night !!!!
                    The nor'west wind has been howling all night. It almost looks like we will get some rain today ! yay the nor'west sucks all the moisture out of the ground, so a little rain would be great !
                    My knee is a little sore this morning. I noticed it hurting in Aussie the other week, and now its sore again. I am not sure why ? I can't remember hurting it in any way or form ? Perhaps I need an excuse not to run ????
                    Have a dear friend who has just undergone a major new hip op. He comes home today. I cooked him a CW chocolate cake last night, full of sugar, flour and sh-t, but I feel like a fraud. They eat CW foods, and I am trying to empty my cupboards of this stuff. I don't want to throw it away, and I am not tempted by any of it - but I still feel like a fraud ! I will also take a primal casserole - so a slight balancing of my guilty thoughts !
                    Does anyone have a decent cake recipe using LSA or similar, without flour/sugar ???? Are baking soda and baking powder primal ????
                    I would love your thoughts on baking for friends without the feeling like a fraud thing !
                    I realise that meat dishes are easy, and maybe in the future I should stick to these, but thoughts please !!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                      Another loss this am. Wooo Hooo !!!!!!! and I had a huge glass of wine last night !!!!
                      The nor'west wind has been howling all night. It almost looks like we will get some rain today ! yay the nor'west sucks all the moisture out of the ground, so a little rain would be great !
                      My knee is a little sore this morning. I noticed it hurting in Aussie the other week, and now its sore again. I am not sure why ? I can't remember hurting it in any way or form ? Perhaps I need an excuse not to run ????
                      Have a dear friend who has just undergone a major new hip op. He comes home today. I cooked him a CW chocolate cake last night, full of sugar, flour and sh-t, but I feel like a fraud. They eat CW foods, and I am trying to empty my cupboards of this stuff. I don't want to throw it away, and I am not tempted by any of it - but I still feel like a fraud ! I will also take a primal casserole - so a slight balancing of my guilty thoughts !
                      Does anyone have a decent cake recipe using LSA or similar, without flour/sugar ???? Are baking soda and baking powder primal ????
                      I would love your thoughts on baking for friends without the feeling like a fraud thing !
                      I realise that meat dishes are easy, and maybe in the future I should stick to these, but thoughts please !!!!
                      Woohoo on your continuing loss, you are in the zone! Sorry about your knee.

About the chocolate cake, hmm, I know how you feel BUT your friend will appreciate it nevertheless. If you make something a bit unusual or not sweet enough and the person doesn't like it then you have wasted good ingredients.

I recently did primal treats for Father's Day - just made truffle like balls by processing dates/LSA/cocoa/coconut/butter and rolling into little balls and chill in the fridge. Can also use coconut oil, no doubt it would work with sultanas and other substitutes too, I just used what I had and they are yummy.

For school camp I sent along ricebubble slice - butter/honey/ricies. Not completely primal but no wheat or sugar so near enough for kids' treats I felt and not expensive either.
                      Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

chocolate valentino, flourless chocolate cake bellatrix nutrition

Came across this link to flourless chocolate cake though I haven't tried it myself so can't personally recommend it - yet.

Also found another one somewhere (maybe on here) that was just kumara, nutmeg and lots of eggs. It looked feasible so I might give it a go too.
                        Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Annie, thanx for all these recipes. I shall give the truffles a definate try. I also wondered about playing around with chocolate, nuts and dried fruit? I don't eat any chocolate, but alot of people on this forum do......so maybe that would be the way for me to go, I need to do some research.
                          Penny had triplets this morning, and another nameless Ewe with twins. All happy !!!!!
                          Big weigh in tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see how much loss this week.
                          heres to ....less of me !

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                            I don't eat any chocolate, )
                            What? I didn't know such people existed!!!!!

Eagerly awaiting your weighin report
                            Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Thanx Annie, it has been one very interesting week !!!! .....2.5 kg down. I am stoked with that result. I might try and ditch the wine this week to see if I continue to lose. Watch this space.

Poor old Penny has blood in her udder this morning. So I may have to comp feed her triplets. Have dosed her with antibiotics, but sometimes these big milking Ewes, don't respond. Here is hoping that we have caught it early enough.
                              We are expecting snow overnight. Not really very exciting at this time of year, however it hasn't arrived yet, and it just may NOT !!!!!
                              I bought myself a Mandolin over the weekend, so am gonna spice up my food....and.....am off into CHCH to buy the last few ingredients to make my own handcream. Should be fun

have the best day all

Gwamma. x

...small steps....

Comment

Fantastic result - and while still drinking wine. Onward to good health and slimness!

Oh your poor ewe, all the best for looking after her.

And, a Mandolin!! How very cool. Do you know how to play it? What other instruments do you have?

I went grocery shopping today - $158, I will see how long it lasts. (There are three of us). I am still trying to determine if this way of eating is more expensive or not, but people keep leaving home and coming back so it is difficult to tell.

Well, happy healthy eating to you,
                                A
                                Annie Ups the Ante

Comment

Working...
                                X