Finally admitting defeat...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally admitting defeat...

Recently I made the mistake of cunsuming grains and processed food and paid for it dearly with some of the worst stomach aches I have ever had.I am finally admitting that I am unable to eat any other way than primal

I realized this this weekend as well! I couldn't believe how terribly grains made me feel! Hurray for primal! and congratulations!

Comment

GRAINS ARE GOOD FOR US

HEART HEALTHY WHOLE GRAINS

MANY STUDIES SAY SO

Comment

Amazing what a short time it takes to rebalance.

No doubt one could eventually shift back, but why would one want to? The cravings, aches and pains, weight gain, swollen feet -- who wants it?

Comment

It's a tragic, delicious reality, isn't it?

I accidentally ate a bunch of (not raw)cheese last night while avoiding the worse things my friend was wolfing down. I'm definitely bloated today as a result..

At least we're not allegic to meat! Oh wait, I've never heard of anyone being allergic to meat, wonder why..

Comment

I'm just amazed that I ate grains for so long and didn't realize what they were doing to me! I mean, now the bloating and stomach aches are definitely NOT something I am able to ignore! Is it worse because I have cut them out? Or was it like this all along?

Comment

Tara: don't feel bad.I couldn't figure why I couldn't lose weight and always got gut wrenching stomach aches.After reading the basics on the site I knew why.At first I didn't want to admit it but I know better now

Comment

Heh, I'm not generally an emotional eater, but yesterday I got some news that was really, really bad. I kind of said "screw it" and intended to binge on pizza, cookies, and ice cream.

I took three bites of pizza, decided it was gross and threw it out. I had a bite of ice cream and it was too aggressively sweet to be enjoyable. So I skipped straight to the cookies. Took one bite of a cookie and threw the rest in the trash. And my stomach still felt like poo when I went to bed.

I won't pretend to be a saint though. Today I got a large order of fries and binged on those. But tomorrow I'm back on the straight and narrow.

Comment

Lx- I went through the same thing yesterday. Was insanely upset, sugar-binged on fruit nuts, and chocolate, and took out the oreo ice cream from the freezer. By the time it softened, I took a spoonful and put it back- unsatisfying and sickeningly sweet.

I've havent been able to lose weight on VLC (frustrated after eliminating dairy, nuts, fruit), so I tried a brief experiment with low-cal/fat (I know, shameful). I was unbearably hungry, depressed, and prone to binging. Went back to high-fat again today and feel great. I won't lose fait in pb again..*hangs head in shame*.

Comment

Iceskater -- head should be raised in triumph.

You figured it out, and you will be less and less prone to these urges.

Comment

I have had that this weekend as well. Ate primally, then ate apple cake - nearly died. 'Learned my lesson', then ate primally today, ate fries- wanted to die.

It is a vicious circle for me... bad eating has been such a huge part of my life that is very difficult to stop. I can do it though, and am going to have to suck up my lameness and start eating meat other than poultry and fish in order to get the full way into this way of life.

I don't know what I would do without this forum - every time I screw up, I come back here and realize what I'm doing to myself... And have the motivation to keep going. Thanks guys

Comment

I discovered today just how sugar sensitive I am. We were at my in-laws. You can guess how that went. I managed to escape just about everything but a bowl of berries sprinkled with sugar. Yup.

I have issues with inflammation in my sinuses. Now I know the cause, sugar. I suspected as much but now I know for certain. I am congested and miserable with a sinus headache now. I think I need to have a little chat with my allergist about my unexplained allergy to everything and yet nothing at all. I am one of those freaks of nature who shows no allergies on tests but lives with chronic sinus inflammation. I don't need steroids I need a primal diet!

I also have some wicked bloat.

LOVE YOU SUGAR!!!!

http://paleochickcooks@blogspot.com/

Comment

defeat? sounds like victory to me.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

bootson- yes, it can be done! Ive also had a bad habit of stress>eat> feel worse>eat. It is hard, but one day at a time!

Comment

I had been 100% allllll week last week, then decided on saturday to say "what the hell, why not?" and just go crazy at a mediterranean place for lunch. I ordered all kinds of unprobouncable (but VERY tasty) foods and ended up paying for it for the rest of the day... was all cranky and bloated and stomach hurty and tired. Lots of rice in things, puff pastry items, and some bulgar in one of the salads. Will totally go back, just going to order carefully next time. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X