No announcement yet.

Finally admitting defeat...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I walked through a mall food court yesterday. In the past, the smell of fresh pretzels always called out to me. After 8 months primal? The smell was REPULSIVE. It was almost like a gag reflex, and my body, while I was unaware of it when I was eating the old way, seemed to be doing the work for me. It seemed as if my stomach has been totally reprogrammed to reject that kind of thing. I felt nauseous and walked faster so I could get out of "the cloud".

Mission accomplished. Won't ever go back.

Comment

I am convinced that many of the people here who follow the Primal Diet are more sensative to gluten than the rest of the population.

Don't get me wrong, I think Primal is a healthy way to eat, but all of these "reactions" to carbs have NEVER happened to me.

In short, I think PBers are more sensitive to gluten than the average population, and that is part of the reason they like the lifestyle so much...

Comment

I had really bad PMS on Friday and started to get terrible sugar cravings, so I gave in and sent my husband out to get me an Easter egg.. The next day I felt like I'd been hit with a train. I couldn't breathe properly, my muscles and bones ached, I had such bad fluid retention that I couldn't see my ankle bones.. and I had terrible nausea. I spent the next day in my pjs. Never again!

Comment

I had a small piece of cake last night. It was so sweet, I really didn't enjoy it. However, I suffered no I'll effects.

Was carb hungry from a very active day, and stranded at my parents house an hour from grocery stores because of a delayed flight. I really wanted a sweet potato. The cake was not as good as a baked sweet potato.

Comment

It takes about 4 days of gluten and sugar for me to start noticing the return of the "arthritis" in my hands (stiff and achy). From about day two, however, my appetite accelerates like a runaway Prius.

Comment

"The next day I felt like I'd been hit with a train. I couldn't breathe properly, my muscles and bones ached, I had such bad fluid retention that I couldn't see my ankle bones.. and I had terrible nausea."

-- this is from eating a chocolate easter egg?!?

Again, it is far from my place to try and define what "normal" reactions to foods are, but this seems pretty severe. I agree that eating candy is generally not a good thing, but I don't think this represents a normal response to sugar.

If this was my reaction to sugar/grains, I might be as dogmatic as some of the other posters on this site. Luckilly it is not.

Comment

I had a Jawsome (more than just awesome, people...) Jamaican cajun burger with spinach and mushrooms at a local diner. I ate the bun and ordered curly fries. Didn't finish my curly fries but I damn sho' ate all of the burger, it was delicious.

Point being: bun didn't start any sh*t, we cool, we cool.

I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Anaphylactic shock from walnuts = bad reaction.

Biohazard-level aftermath from lactose intolerance = bad reaction.

For me it's more like the difference between having your hand set on fire (walnuts, lactose) vs. getting a bad sunburn over 4 days (gluten grains, sugar).

Comment

A single bite of cake on my wedding anniversary brought back the arthritis within a half hour, and it stayed for almost three days. NEVER AGAIN.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

I can eat rice with no ill consequences but any other high carb food causes me no end of stomach issues. This was the case long before I was into primal. I haven't been eating high carb foods for years due to stomach issues caused from bread, pastas, potatoes, etc.

Comment

I can eat almost unlimited amounts of bread, pasta, rice etc. with no ill effects after, but choose not to. I guess I've evolved But I cannot handle excessively sweet foods.

Comment

Working...
                        X