No announcement yet.

anyone gone from morbidly obese to very lean with Primal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm 6'5" and weighed 310 when I started in Jan 2011, about 280 when I quit bullshitting after the 4th of July 2011, and have been 215 give or take since Jan 2012. I don't think I was morbidly obese considering my height, nor am I super lean right now.. 10-12% BF if I had to guess.

The awesomest thing is that im still getting leaner. I was wearing size 38 pants in January, just bought a pair of 34's last weekend.. scale hasn't moved. The beauty of it is that success begets success.. the more progress I make, the more intense I am willing to work out, the cleaner I am willing to eat, etc.. It's a never ending circle of awesomeness.

Shooting for 6-7% body fat by the end of this year and would be pumped if I can stay in that 215~ lb range while doing it. My skin has tightened up fine.

Comment

I'm 5'8" and got up to 228. I now weigh 157. that's a whole lotta fat burned off.

Comment

wow, that is impressive and inspiring. thanks for replying.

Comment

Originally posted by ackack View Post
          over the last year I have been employing the fast 5 system while eating primal.
          what is the fast 5 system?

Comment

130 off my all time high but that was over 25 years ago, down about 50 w/ primal. 80-totally doable, good luck.
            Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I wasn't in the "morbidly" category but at 210lbs, size 16 and 5'10" I was by the BMI scale and by my opinion, obese.
              Now I am 145, and size 6 so 65 pound gone. This is back to how I used to look in high school when I surfed all the time.
              Better yet, I'm holding here.

Yes, it is possible.

Comment

I was "morbidly obese" according to the BMI thing, 242 pounds at my fattest; Ive lost 114 pounds, nearly to goal weight. I was a size 22, now I wear a size zero jeans, dress size 4.

On the loose skin issue; the only place I have *noticible* loose skin is my belly, it hangs a little and obscures what is (I swear) a wicked 6 pack under there. However, I credit two huge babies with that skin sack at least as much as the fatness. It is slooowwwly improving. I'm going to give it another year and re-evaluate. It's really not nearly as bad as it could have been, under clothes I think my waistline could look a lot thinner without it but its only noticeable when I am naked (which I never am in public ) or if I wore a teeny bikini. My arms and legs sustained only the slightest bit of bagginess you would have to really search for and know it was there to even notice.
                Michelle
                totally primal since 5/16/2010, 41 years old my journal
                240+/128/121 (I'm 5'3")

Comment

Originally posted by ruby View Post
                  I was "morbidly obese" according to the BMI thing, 242 pounds at my fattest; Ive lost 114 pounds, nearly to goal weight. I was a size 22, now I wear a size zero jeans, dress size 4.

On the loose skin issue; the only place I have *noticible* loose skin is my belly, it hangs a little and obscures what is (I swear) a wicked 6 pack under there. However, I credit two huge babies with that skin sack at least as much as the fatness. It is slooowwwly improving. I'm going to give it another year and re-evaluate. It's really not nearly as bad as it could have been, under clothes I think my waistline could look a lot thinner without it but its only noticeable when I am naked (which I never am in public ) or if I wore a teeny bikini. My arms and legs sustained only the slightest bit of bagginess you would have to really search for and know it was there to even notice.
                  Amazing results! I have hope (though I'm 10 years older than when you started).

You look fabulous!
                  SW: 243
                  CW: 177
                  Goal: Health

Comment

I also wasn't morbidly obese (or I didn't think so) but started 11/12/11 at 220 and this morning was 153 and still only 18% body fat. This was the easiest thing I've ever done and is really just a new life for me instead of a diet.
                    Don't just survive....THRIVE!!!

Comment

Great work, ruby, and amazing results! I haven't had children, yet the skin around my belly is quite loose, when I bend over (not very noticeable otherwise, I think). But I do see it's not just skin, but there's fat hanging on to it, it's just that the whole thing is looser than I would like it and not very esthetic looking... Well, I have to give it more time, I don't have any other options.

Comment

I was morbidly obese in December 2011, at 170kg (approximately 375lb). I limited my eating portions up until I was 150kg (330lb) 2 months ago, and jumped both feet into the primal diet. I'm now steadily losing 5kg (12lb) a month, and my target is to get to at least 120kg (265lb) by September 2012. My ideal weight according to the BMI thingy should be around 80~85kg (175lb), but if I manage to get to 100kg (220lb) I'll be a happy, happy man. Heavy bones and all that.

Current weight is 138.8kg (306lb). I went from wearing 54" to 50" pants since I started 12 years ago after high school, I was wearing 38" pants. I want to get back there again!

Comment

I don't know if I was morbidly obese but I was 5 foot 11 and 340 pounds. I lost 105 pounds in 5 months and eventually ended up losing around 120 pounds on the scale (around 135 to 140 of fat). I lift weights almost every day and it has helped a lot with the body composition changes. I stay pretty Primal for the most part. On average I move about 8 to 10 miles a day (around 22 to 25,000 steps on my pedometer) and also swim and bike when I can.

I have to admit there are times (vacations etc..) when I deviate a bit on the diet but to be honest I have seen little to no change in my weight. I figure as long as I am super active and being primal 90% of the time I have nothing to worry about.
                          Went Primal January 24, 2011
                          Lost 105 pounds in 5 months
                          Currently 130 fat pounds down which is 120 pounds on the scale while putting on 10 pounds of muscle
                          According to my kids I am looking more and more like the Hulk every day
                          sigpic

Comment

I've lost 42 lbs, and have about 100 to go, but I will get there.

Comment

(Bump!)

I began my weight-loss journey earlier this year on Weight Watchers. I couldn't keep from rolling my eyes in every meeting (low fat, fat free, aspartame, buy our tools, buy our products) so I was thrilled when a friend introduced me to another alternative. I began at 394 and I just finished my first week going Primal having dropped more than 5 pounds. How encouraging!

I'd like to lose about 240 pounds. That is shocking to write. BUT... it's where I am.

Comment

Stick with it Steph! You'll do great.

I started at 272 in January and am currently at 221. Feel 1000 times better. My long term goal is 100 pounds. My current goal is getting under 200. I hope to be there by September.

Comment

Working...
                                X