No announcement yet.

Arthritis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since going primal the pain and discomfort from OA has been reduced significantly.

I stop all grains and sugars in Jan. 2010 and have never felt better.

I use to eat mostly chicken and fish and egg whites and veggies. I still do but give me some red meat, pork bacon, whole eggs, butter and veggies...talk about a happy camper.

Comment

Avocado, the PH urine test is a good marker for the overall acid vs alkalinity in one's body. It may not be exact, but it's the best way to tell the balance or inbalance of your body.

Comment

I'm not sure what "overall acidity" means. Serum and cellular pH is very tightly regulated.

Comment

I have severe osteoarthritis and took NSAIDs for about 30 years until I eliminated all meds with diet and exercise.

For a long time, I avoided red meat and egg yolks because they are considered inflammatory. However, I now eat both (although only grass-fed beef or bison) and have found that eliminating grains and all sweeteners (artificial as well as natural) has resulted in the biggest improvement in terms of eliminating pain. I was eating low carb for a long time, but the total elimination of all grains and sweeteners with primal has made a significant difference.

I've noticed that sugar is a BIG issue, so I have no problem avoiding that, but I was amazed that whole eggs are not a problem. I really think that grains and sweeteners are the key.

I also do water exercise on a regular basis to strengthen my leg muscles, as I'm trying to avoid any replacement surgery.

Comment

Emmie, you and I sound very alike as far as how bad the arthritis is/was. I was wondering how you do on coffee, decaff or otherwise..if you do at all? I keep reading to stay away from coffee.

Comment

The OA in my knees is more tolerable than it has been for a while. I can even do short sprints. There's pain, but I don't suffer from it as long. Whether this improvement is from some bio-chemical process, or simply from dropping weight, I can't say.

Comment

Working...
              X