No announcement yet.

WODs 3/7 - 3/13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Jess: I missed so many lifts. 180 pounds is 15 pounds under my max snatch and should be no problem to do. But I just could not get my form right and just kept getting more and more frustrated. I even was missing all over with hang snatches, so by the time I got to cleans I was exhausted and frustrated, which is why I only did light doubles. All in all not a good day.

TODAY however was awesome. Went shopping at Concord Mills in NC, had a great relaxing day spending money I don't have. But I did get another pair of Vibrams, black KSOs. The TOmmy Hilfiger outlet was amazing!! Great deals, really nice clothes. It was IMO the best outlet there. All kinds of nice polos and dress shirts (I love dress shirts, it's my standard uniform). I also got Gucci by Gucci cologne for $45 (retails like $70). I kinda flirted with the girl a little and said I would walk around and decide between D&G Light Blue or Gucci. Then she said "If you buy right now I will mark the Gucci down to $45"

"Sounds good!"

So my WOD was walking around carrying bags

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Fury22 you are showing the signs of overtraining. That is why you enjoyed today.

Comment

^^No, not overtraining. Just a bad day. Happens sometimes. I was missing because I kept jumping to far backwards and letting the bar ride forward once I got in the hole. Like I said, happens sometimes. Plus, I wasn't that focused anyway. Had been running errands all day trying to get things straight for graduation and still had to finish a job application.

With that said, people here are way too quick to cite "overtraining". Having a bad training day does not constitute overtraining.

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Working...
        X