No announcement yet.

WODs 3/7 - 3/13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello all I am new to the MDA and wow. I've been doing CrossFit WoD's and also Coach Rut I alternate between the two of them. I also do body weights workout's when I dont have access to a gym. While reading this forums I found a great workout from a MDA member:

Do 3 rounds

Step Ups (weighted 12 per leg)

Wide Grip Push Ups (20 reps)

Prisoner Squats (25 reps)

V-Ups (10 reps)

Shoulder Press Pushups (10 reps)

Wall Squat (30 seconds)

Mixed Grip Pull-Ups (5 reps each grip)

Superman (up for 10 seconds, rest for 5 seconds; 6 reps)

Besides this one I also do the "300" workout and 100burpees

but yesterday's workout was Helen.

"Helen" :

Three rounds for time:

Run 400 meters

50 pound DB-swings X 21 swings (Scaled down to 40lbs)

12 Pull-ups

Comment

Warm Up: 9 x 1-Minute Ab Planks, Center, Right, Left

Indoor Cardio Circuit

50 Skips Jump Rope

10 Box Jumps

10 Medicine Ball Slams (15 pounds)

10 Stair Sprints (20-step stairs. Do 2 at a time.)

10 Rounds, No Rest Between Rounds or Exercises. You can walk down the stairs. You will also maybe get some relief switching from exercise to exercise.

Comment

11 March

Snatch 165x1 170x1 175x1,1 180x1,1 185x1,1 190x1 195x1 200xNo Lift -- 175x1,1,1

Clean & Jerk 215x1 220x1 225x1 230x1 235x1

Clean Pull 255x3,3 260x3,3

Kettlebell Complex with 44 lb

--1 Arm Snatch x 10 (left then right)

--1 Arm Clean + Thruster x 12(left then right)

--Alternating Hand Swing x 30 (total)

--1 Arm High Pull x 12 (left then right)

Then some aasorted jumps and picked up the atlas stone a couple times

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Ok, will you guys accept me to your WODs if I am only up to walking dogs for extended amounts of time?? Or shooting hoops? Oh, and I play softball weekly, multiple games in 1 day.

Reading through these, looks like I can do things like lunges for X amount of yards, planks, pushups, etc. I recently dropped the gym membership in favor of trying to do things at home. Do you guys follow a certain 'prescription' or...better yet...can you get me started? I've searched for web based material but...well, still can't seem to find something to get started.

5'4" and about 215lbs 40yr old post menopausal female. Mostly primal accept for beer.

Let me know how you got started. And how you fit it in!

Oh Edit: am looking to get the p90x DVDs. Still looking for the $s in my budget.

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

WOD:

12 weighted step-ups (12# each hand)

10 wide push-ups

25 prisoner squats

10 v-ups

10 shoulder press push-ups

30sec wall squat

5 chin-ups

3x in 11:18

+ ~20mins. fast biking

@Grok is Softball, try the above workout! Do the push-ups on your knees if you have to, and do jumping pull-ups instead of pulling your whole bodyweight... I had a lot of fun designing a whole bunch of circuits over the past couple of months, although I'm now subbing in more heavy lifting and strength work. I bought the whole P90X system for 60$ (half the price!) on eBay. However, the workouts are really tough and are more designed towards the experienced exerciser. That, combined with the sheer length of them (60min a DVD,) might be a little too much at first.

I'd suggest doing circuit training with lunges, push-ups, squats, jumping pull-ups, dips, jumping jacks, sit-ups, and planks to begin your program. Try 10 of each maybe, and then go through that same circuit for 3+x to beat yourself against the clock.

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Holy cow! I will def give that a shot first thing in the AM! Thank you, Jess!

I know the p90x will be tough. I've been lifting/running off/on the last 2 yrs based on CW. So, phew...tomorrow AM.

If I can still type, I'll update!

Comment

Grok is softball,

Take a look at "movnat". there is also a blog called "methodde naturalle disciple" or something like that. Neither site has a lot of content, but they talk about exercise in terms of basic "skills". If you poke around you can fine out that there are ten skills, like running, jumping, lifting something, crawling on all fours, throwing, swimming, defending, etc.

There are videos under 'movnat' on youtube but those are more for inspiration. Don't try jumping out of trees etc yourself.

Anyways, you could base workouts on the basic skills. Like pick up a weight and put it overheard. Or try jumping up onto a stable box, or doing some sort of crawl (which is actually pretty taxing). You could also try throwing a basketball/medicine ball around. If I didn't live in the city, I would only do Movnat.

Comment

20 minutes parkour.

Comment

FFFFUUUU!! Today was horrible. Worst training day in awhile. Just horrible.

Snatch 165x1 170x1,1 175x1,1,1,1 180xNo Lift (tried 10 freakin times, but no go..15 pounds under my max..not good)

High Hang Snatches 160x1,1,1,1 165x6 singles

Clean & jerk 205x2,2 210x2 215x2

High Snatch Pull 195x3,3,3,3,3

Back Squat 250x5,5,4,3 200x12

Kettlebell Overhead Press 44x8,8,7 35x13

Kettlebell High Pull 70x25,20

Check out my blog!

http://easternstrength.blogspot.com/

I like to throw, squat and pull heavy things for fun.

We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created. ~David Fincher, director of Fight Club, interview with Gavin Smith, "Inside Out," Film Comment, Sep/Oct 1999

Comment

Thanks mhoward! I'll check that out today!

Comment

@Grok is Softball - just try some basic body weight exercises: planks, pushups, burpees, situps, lunges, squats and think about sprints outside when you're walking your dogs (my elkhound loved to sprint when she was with us). Keep it simple at first!

In terms of fitting it in, I only lift 2x/week and I do it either during lunch at work or right after. The rest of the time, I do yoga/climbing/hiking/biking/kayaking after work on on the weekends. It sounds like you love softball, so you should definitely count that towards your play & endurance days.

Comment

@Fury, what was so horrible?

@Vick, PARKOUR!?! Are you serious?! What do you do?

On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

At least for a while, I'm substituting *front squats* for back squats. Try as I might, I just can't get the back squat form down.

Today was my first day with the front squats, and I think that this will mark the beginning of a beautiful friendship :-)

After playing around with bar placement and getting acquainted with the feel of this lift (w/ the bar and a single 10lb plate on each side), I did about 4 good sets of 5x85lbs.

OHP: 5(5x65) (down from 70lbs b/c I wasn't happy with my form)

Deadlift: 5x135, 4x185, 5x200

Then some random work on the assisted pull-up/chin-up machine (w/ 40lbs of assistance), and a set of weighted back extensions.

Comment

I'm jealous of the 20 minutes of Parkour!!!!

Just finished up week 1 of convict conditioning. Hard on the ego to start from the beginning but apparently it'll be worth it. T-minus about 10 or so months until I get to do one-armed pullups!

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I jumped the CN tower. Just kidding! I watched this video and I was so intune with the concept.

What blew me away was the kid who scaled the 11 foot wall, but it took 5 months of training to do it.

Watch this video. It tells a lot and if you are hooked by it then there are three more to clinch it.

Lovestoclimb you will really buy into this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Poph6...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X