No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ulnar nerve compression can cause numbness in those fingers. Elbows propped on a desk can lead to this.

Comment

• I think it was the way I slept! Hooray! No finger numbness anymore!

I'm back on nutritional ketosis. My grocery bill just halved and I'm working 70-80 hr weeks to get a project in on deadline and I feel GREAT. I work 11-12 hrs a day, and then I hit the gym for Long Slow Movement on an treadmill on an incline of 10. I catch up on Scandal and How to Get Away With Murder and it's good. It's really good.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
      Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• I have pretty bad eczema from eating pepperoni with sulfites. A packet of pepperoni from Trader Joe's is pretty cheap, and makes a good grab-and-go breakfast. But it gave me some welts on my torso that are so bad that I went to the doctor. I was going to ignore them, but now I'm getting some on my neckline. So no sulfites for me. :-/

Otherwise, Niman Ranch Andouille is a pretty good fatty meal, and some nice sauerkraut on the side makes it just perfect.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Didn't have pepperoni yesterday. I think my skin is better, although one welt is super itchy.

I went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 1:30am...and I think I might be up! I forgot about the wakefulness of nutritional Ketosis. Taking vitamin D in the AM seems to help with getting to bed at a decent time.

I wish I was a member of 24 Hr Fitness because I have no idea of what to do with myself right now!
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Okay, I need to be journaling every day I think. I went back on my meds for some dumb reason, and that weirds out my digestion, so I stopped being able to eat high fat. I ate some andouille sausages and just had andouille burps all day, and it was actually easier for me to digest only simple carbs. Gross right? Didn't make me skinny though. Tubbers McGee here. I have a very short memory. Reading back shows me that me body likes Paleo tacos and andouille sausage when I am not on medication. I get calm and have a lot of energy. I always think my meds are going to be an easy fix, but for the first month the generic I had made me grind my teeth so bad I chipped a tooth, my affect flattened a lot, my ability to find words dipped, and I had a speedy anxiety. I'm on a better generic, but I think the whole thing might not be a good idea.

Right now I'm catsitting and forgot my meds so haven't had them in two days. I did okay for Thanksgiving -- ate all the Thanksgiving food besides gravy but had two small rolls SLATHERED in butter and was full and disinterested in food pretty quick. Fat secret -- eat the fat.

I'm planning NK again...I did buy a lot of dairy. Will someone smack me for buying dairy? I am in dairy denial. I think I ought to be able to eat it, but remember self, you added dairy when you first went Paleo and went up 10 pounds. So blah. Now I have all this dairy I'm in denial about. So I'll have to read over this again.

But so I'm catsitting for 11 days and I had time off for Thanksgiving. Does anyone get vacation mindset? Like suddenly the food doesn't count? I never, ever buy or eat Chinese food and there's a Chinese food place up the street that I've gone to three times already. For the last two night it's put me to sleep at 7pm and woken me up at 1am, and here we are now. I wish I had some peppermint tea to soothe my stomach, I think that would do the trick.

I've been reading KETO CLARITY, and I was all pumped to do it right and test my ketones with a ketone meter and I was so stoked and revved up and I went on Amazon and the strips are $40 for 10. FOR TEN. And the book says to test once in the morning and once in the afternoon, and that ketones are generally higher in the afternoon. Okay, so what if I only tested in the afternoon, that would be way more doable. Instead of $240 a month they'd be $120 a month, which is still insane and dumb. Hmmm. I looked up the breath meter and instead of giving you a number it glows a color and flashes a certain number of times which seems...not as precise as I'd like if I'm going to spend $140 bucks on a thing. So my excitement and scientific eagerness dipped WAY down again at the consideration of the sheer cost.

Anyway, before I was dumb and went back on my meds, I was having Andouille sausage for breakfast and sometimes...that's all I ate all day. So I stocked up on that and grass-fed ground beef and lots of dairy fat because I forget my deal with dairy. I think as long as I can get to forgetting to eat and dropping inches again, I'll be fine. BLARGH.
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Another day, another annoying asshole making comments about my food. I generally bring Andouille sausage to work (I don't have to cook it first!) to heat up and eat with sauerkraut (nom nom nom). It's high-fat and generally pretty tasty. Today I started chopping it up, and this girl (who went Paleo for like a week a while back, mind you) walked in and was like, "EW, WHAT IS THAT?" I said, "Sausage." And she said, "Just sausage?" <bug eyes> And I was like no wonder you failed at Paleo.

I kind of hate it here. And I'm one of those people who doesn't like people who complain. I was going to go to LA in January, changed my mind, and after having been gone a week, may have changed my mind again. BLEAH.
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Okay, no sneezing today. A little itchiness. I wonder if it is the instant coffee I bought. I had half a wheel of brie for 1st breakfast, and had sour cream on my second breakfast, and no sneezing. I've lost an inch each on my thighs, but that's it. My face is puffy, and I wonder if it would de-puff completely if I went off dairy. I tried to go off dairy this morning...buuuuut. Didn't happen, obviously.

EDIT:

It's totally the instant coffee. Just had Hu Kitchen's version of Bulletproof Coffee and no sneezing.
                Last edited by kalli889; 12-02-2014, 11:19 AM.
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• How do you react to goat products?

Comment

• Does anyone else here weird out about eating at work? Yesterday I had the weirdest, judgiest conversation about my lunch yesterday in the kitchen as I was heating up my lunch, ("What is THAT? Why are you eating THAT? <eye roll> Okay..."), and now I don't even want to eat here anymore. So I shot myself in the foot today by not eating my lunch, and then I fell facefirst into carbs. Okay, well, pick myself up and try again...
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Next time they ask, tell them that what you're eating is better for your goals or whatever phrasing works.

Comment

• Originally posted by kalli889 View Post
                        Heyyyy! Guess who stepped on the scale and saw a cool 171.2 pounds this morning! THIS GIRL. Ka blam. What did I have yesterday: 2 scoops Jay Robb egg white protein for breakfast, for lunch: 1 pastured beef patty, 4 eggs, and sauerkraut, and in the afternoon I had a green smoothie (a pitcher basically, a BIG ASS SMOOTHIE) with one bunch of kale, one mango, one white peach, and a thumb of ginger. Let's go 169 pounds! This girl wants to see the other side of 170!

Also, I am so totally sore from my 20 mins of yoga in the am and from jumping rope two nights ago. SO. SORE.

It's awesome!

Oh, and my fat-guy-in-a-little-coat bolero sweater totally fits today...ka blam!
                        This is really educational for me to read back. I'm thinking that perhaps keto is not the best fit for me. Look here in 2012 where I was losing weight and having a pitcher of green smoothie with a whole mango and a peach in it! Not keto for sure...
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• It may not be keto, but I would point out that you were at least having your carbs later in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                            It may not be keto, but I would point out that you were at least having your carbs later in the day.
                            True!

So before I went to LA in October, and before I went back on my meds, I'd have 2 scoops of Maximum Vibrance (Green Vibrance with their VEGAN protein...I know, rice, pea, alfalfa, WHATEVER I don't get sick when everyone at work does!), which is 46 g of protein in the morning, and I'd usually have it with a Bragg's ACV drink (stevia-sweetened). Then for lunch or 2nd breakfast I'd have a package of Andouille chicken sausages with sauerkraut, and I'd be good to go alllll day. So today is Day 1 of going back to that.
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Okay! Finally read the whole thing again. WAHLS PROTOCOL PLUS is what my body likes. More broccoli, more kale, people! Let's do it!
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I just got my period without ANY PMS SYMPTOMS besides sleeping more than I normally do. And that could have been because I was getting the flu.

In other news, MCT Oil is amazing, and I love it. It's not a magic bullet, but I forgot about it until I started re-reading this, so I bought a bottle of MCT oil for my coffee, and some MCT caplets for when I don't want to pull a jar of oil out and put it in my coffee at work. I ate whatever carbs I wanted over my period while faithfully taking my MCT oil, and today my period is over over and I woke up and my face was much more angular than it's been in a while! Welcome, MCT oil. Please stay awhile.
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X