No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $7 in quarters until tomorrow? That's more than I've got to last til tomorrow. lol But then again, I have food for today... so, you win.

YAY me for not blowing your cover! I totally didn't get online (here) at all this weekend. So, you're welcome. PS, Happy birthday a couple of days ago.

I had a weird erratic stabby pain in my left side the other night. It was about 2 inches below my bottom rib. It started as I was eating dinner. We had steak, mushrooms and "California" blend veggies with butter for dinner. Not sure what to make of it, but I sincerely hope it was NOT my gall bladder.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• If it IS your gallbladder, ACV will save the day! Take a quarter cup of organic apple juice diluted with water and add a tablespoon of Bragg's apple cider vinegar. A) it's delicious and B) saved my mom every time she had stabbing gallbladder pain. I've started drinking it until I can focus on salmon and grass-fed beef as my protein sources (Omega-3 fats).

Day 27 now of Whole30! Accidentally had honey once and may have had dairy in a scramble that I bought at a deli. IM OK WITH THESE. I think I might start Jay Robb chocolate shakes with berries and coconut milk once Whole30 is over, although I'm not sure. I want to have a go to meal for days like today, when I'm in a rush. Still using coffee to suppress my appetite on days like today when I am unprepared food-wise and only have $7 in quarters, and am feeling/seeing some kidney/UTI-like symptoms. :-/

Really seeing that I need variety in my foods. I got bored with BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN over the weekend. Bored! That's crazy.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
      Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• I have to meet with one of the Senior Model Managers tomorrow about my show package submission. I submitted some samples to be considered to be the artist to do it. I'll post them tomorrow to show you. My boss said he thinks they're actually really good. . Kind of nervous to meet with the Sr. Manager. Prayers, kids! If I get it, it will be a lot of work, but my life would be a lot more fun! I think probably most days I'd take my laptop to the Ace Hotel lobby or Soho House and work on it there. OOOH, Soho House!
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• My waist is getting smaller. I lost my measuring tape so I don't know where I'm at. I kind of like it that way. I think I'll buy a pair of size 12 jeans and size 10 jeans. Am I nuts to mess with what's working by adding in Jay Robb egg white protein? It did work with Leptin Reset before. I got down to 163 with it before. 166? Can't remember. I'm concerned the stevia and chocolate flavor will open me up to sugar cravings. But it kept me full all day when I was in Kansas. Hmm...

One thing I've not gotten in Whole30 yet is amazing sleep. Obvs I'm awake in the middle of the night, but I did have a huge late dinner after eating only apples and two hard-boiled eggs all day. What worked before for sleep was to stop eating after 4 pm. I can go back to that, but I have to be prepared with my daytime meals.

Friend is having birthday drinks tonight. I want to go, for her, but I don't want to go, because I'm so close to 30 days of Whole30, and sometime a nice glass of cava is really appealing. Well, what do you want, self? A nice glass of cava or the career you really want? To be stuck in a big ungainly body, or in the body you want? That's what a glass of cava is, because its not just the one glass. It's the pizza and ice cream and late night twinkies and Cherry Garcia that it leads to.
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Egahhhhh, the week after I start having neuropathic pain, here's THIS ARTICLE IN MY NEWSFEED about TOS: What is neuropathic pain? Do you suffer from nerve pain? | Patient Talk

EDIT: Okay, it's not that scary an article. And my pain has gone down since I stopped eating almonds LIKE EVERYDAY.
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I ordered an 80 oz bag of Jay Robb chocolate protein. YA-YUH!
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Day 29. I went ahead and weighed. I've lost two pounds. I'm okay with that, it's a move in the right direction. I'm assuming I lost it all from my face and chest, ha ha ha. Now first off, I DO NOT WANT ADVICE. This is more for my record-keeping than anything else.

Non-scale victories:
                -Libido is up. Came back much faster than with LR.
                -Quite highly functional on very little sleep, which is a miracle.
                -Very calm, very even-keeled.
                -Had one day of very high energy, used it to lift heavy, and think I overdid it at the gym.

Thoughts: I did have ketchup a few time with burgers. I got food at the breakfast bar at the deli a few times, so it was probably cooked in canola or soybean oil. I had honey once in an ACV drink that I bought. Not sure if the scrambled eggs at the deli were made with milk or not. My meats were also chicken, bacon, and conventional beef burgers (bought at Costco).

I think my Omega-3/Omega-6 fat balance is still skewed to Omega-6s. My tongue is still swollen slightly.

Sleep has been poor. When I did an hour of cycling every night after work, I felt REALLY good the whole next day, but it did keep me wired and I did stay up later after cycling. I did 1-day of heavy lifting -- legs and glutes, and hobbled around for a week. I tried to do my cycling after that, but I just felt drained and overtired. So maybe that super heavy lifting day is not the best, or maybe shorten up my reps or something so I'm not to failure. Next week I can adjust my schedule to cycle in the mornings before work. I can also get some new ear plugs, use my face mask every night, and stop using electronics two hours before I'd like to go to sleep. And stop eating at 4pm. Eating fruit at night doesn't seem to bother me, so maybe only fruit after 4pm.

This person says, "For me the amount of nuts, coconut, fruit and coffee and how often I ate are what makes the difference, as does the amount of incidental or low intensity exercise ie lots of walking."

I only stopped eating nuts a few days ago, I eat a lot of fruit, and I drink WAY too much coffee. Yesterday I had a Venti Americano with 5 shots of espresso.

My order of Jay Robb should get here on Monday, so I can make sure I have a LR BAB every single AM. I can go to Costco this weekend and get salmon and turkey burgers so I can keep my good fats up and my bad fats down (the turkey burgers are really lean). I was planning on having berries with my morning shakes, so maybe I'll keep down high sugar fruits like mangoes, bananas, etc. and stick to berries.

EDIT: Pain is greatly reduced without almonds. I wore heels the past two days and they hurt when I got home, but not in the morning, and that is HUGE.
                Last edited by kalli889; 06-13-2014, 09:29 AM.
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Sounds like you had a relatively successful Whole30. I mean, increased libido is a win that trumps all others, so... lol Still some things to work on, but we all have those. Great job!
                  Primal since March 5, 2012
                  SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I hope you get Jay Robb for a better price than I've ever seen it. I've gotten 10 lbs of protein powder for between 60 and 70 dollars or even less with a coupon (using vitacost). Oddly, I think Vitacost might have the highest price for Jay Robb products than other online vendors.

I think you've addressed why you choose that brand and it's because your body has less or no negative reactions to it? Whatever works right?

Regarding, LHT, I tend to have DOMS if I do a large volume 50-100 reps (total) for a single exercise and if I've had too much time off from a particular exercise.

It sounds like things are going pretty smoothly for you which is great.

Do you plan to do a second Whole 30?

Comment

• I probably will do a second Whole30, maybe not right away.

Yes, I have no negative effects from Jay Robb. I'm willing to pay for something fast and delicious that gets the job done.

Wore heels all day today -- no pain tonight. I haven't had almonds since last Saturday. I think that I have no pain tonight, after having progressively less pain all day, is a big sign.

Thanks for the props, people! The return of libido/energy is way major. I went out to my friend's birthday thing last night (stayed Whole30!) after only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before and not sleeping well all week! Pretty good! Managed to be productive and for the most part clear-thinking at work!
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Just ate Brazil nuts for the selenium, then I remembered my almond moratorium. How do people get selenium without Brazil nuts? Fish?

Was tempted to get chocolate, ice cream, and all kinds of things today, but refrained. It's nice to have it feel like a choice and I don't want to go back to needing it again.
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Beef heart has selenium
                          My opinions and some justification

Comment

• BEEEF HEARRRRT. Yes. MMMM...

So I had drinks with a friend, post-Whole 30. Felt blah all the next day and just wanted to stay in bed.

I went to the grocery store to buy eggs and I looked at chocolate and nuts, but did not buy any. Go me!

In other news, my roommate keeps losing her keys. There's been a couple times where she's come home and can't find her keys and I've just barely gone to bed and let her in and she's like OH THANK GOD. But then I found a receipt from a locksmith from earlier this week for $100...guess she locked herself out in the middle of the day and I was at work? But she never called? Last night I have several phone calls from her and texts, and I was dead asleep (again, melatonin), and my phone is only set to beep once. She was here this morning, so she got in somehow. I kind of feel bad for not feeling bad. Or I feel like she wants me to feel bad, but I don't. But I could be projecting. If she NEVER lost her keys and called me in the middle of the night, then I would feel bad. But since she ALWAYS loses her keys, it's like babe, get a handle on that.

Circulation in arms still weird. Going to get Dr. Terry Wahl's book. I just bought 80 oz of egg protein powder, so I'm going to use that all up and then go on autoimmune Paleo. REALLY don't want TOS or MS.
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• So, I'm totally freaking myself out about MS. One of the earliest signs is dim or blurred vision. My night vision in one of my eyes is blurry in the center and has been for about 5 years. I remember being at the opera with my boyfriend, and suddenly I couldn't see my hand in the dark. It just greyed out. My overall daytime vision has improved with Paleo, as my prescription has gotten better. I also have had nystagmus forever (eyes moving quickly back and forth...sometimes happens when I read).

My left hand was cooler this morning than my right, and I have little spots of numbness all over. EEP. Just a fingertip here, a toe tip there.

But ew! Scary!
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Bleah, I think I have another staph pimple. Red spot appeared on my shoulder this morning and this afternoon it has a few little arms coming off it. WTF!
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X