Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emailed them.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
      Emailed them.
      THIS BACON IS HEAVEN!!!

In other news, my libido is back! Whenever it leaves I don't miss it because it becomes unimportant to me, but now I'm like HEYYYY. Ha ha ha. Awesome.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
      Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• They contacted me about locations. Every single HyVee in my area carries it. I'll be on the look out for it this weekend. Who did you talk to? I talked to Jordan. He told me if it's not in the regular bacon area to ask the manager b/c they frequently place it in an 'off the beaten path' location - HyVees are good at that. They have a separate organic section, but Kerrygold is in the persnickety cheese section, not the organic/grassfed/healthnut section. It's weird how they categorize their foods. lol I'm excited! I hope it's cheaper than my uncured Farmland!

Comment

• For me it was $9 a package, but Niman Ranch is the same with only 7 g of fat per slice. That's 6 less g of fat! Unacceptable.

Today my scramble had four eggs instead of three and four slices of bacon instead of two. I got full 3/4 of the way through. So, I got full, but I had to eat a lot more. Meh.

In other news, I've had a stomachache since last night. I wonder if I got tainted spinach or something. I even took a super probiotic today and still feel uncomfortable. Now I'm going to go google spinach recalls.
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I hope you're feeling better soon.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Thanks, me too. Woke up at 5 am with stabbing pains in my upper left quadrant of my abdomen and the left side of my tongue is swollen. Wonder if I'm leaning too heavily on meats and fats with high Omega-6 fats (chicken, pork) and if that's causing gallbladder or pancreas issues. My tongue was nice and normal sized and pink for a minute here on Whole30. I guess I might have to go salmon and grass-fed beef only. . Stomach isn't cramping anymore, but I'm afraid to eat that spinach now. Will probably throw it out. Hate to waste food like that but don't want to make myself sick. How do you sanitize pre-washed baby spinach? . Boo.
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Non-scale victory: I walked around today in public in leggings and a normal-sized shirt. Not an oversized shirt. Not a big flowy shirt. A normal-sized one.

VICTORY!
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Two of my toes were numb when I took my sandals off today. My hands got pins and needles while reading on my phone. My arms go numb if I sleep with them over my head.

This freaks me out because one of my close friends has Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. Just from reading about it, I wonder if TOS is merely a symptom of MS. Strongly thinking about going on an autoimmune Whole9 life protocol. Wouldn't be too hard or too different from what I'm doing now. I had bacon-wrapped chicken for breakfast today, and lunch was chile-dusted pineapple, trail mix with cashews, goji berries, golden raisins and cacao nibs, and a kombucha. WINNING! Cacao nibs are the best ever!!! Before Whole30 they tasted like dirt, now they taste like the silkiest chocolate. Dinner was a green smoothie with frozen kale instead of that creepy spinach.

So autoimmune protocol -- more organ meats, no eggs, no nuts...anything else?

EDIT: I also have seemingly MORE musculoskeletal pain now. :-/. PF is still not good, and my left ankle feels like I twisted it, although I haven't. Back is stiff. Greater reliance on almonds and eggs? Maybe. Hmmm.

Just found out that goji berries and ashwagandha are nightshades and cocoa (and cacao?) are off limits for autoimmune. >:-O
                  Last edited by kalli889; 06-07-2014, 09:06 PM.
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I'm catsitting for a friend of a friend. I woke up about an hour ago thinking someone was banging on the door. I took melatonin before I went to bed so I was/am super groggy. The person I'm catsitting for is an hour and a half flight away upstate. So at first I thought the banging on the door was either a dream or some drunk person at the wrong apartment. So I went balck to sleep and woke up again to I'm pretty sure someone banging on the door and yelling my name. I woke up and listened hard for a good fifteen minutes, heard nothing, still way out of it from melatonin, then went to check the door. No one there. Now I'm worried the person I'm catsitting for had a fight with her boyfriend and flew back in the middle of the night and I locked her out of her own apartment by throwing the chain and the extra bolt and is sitting in some all night diner waiting for the morning. I texted her and sent her a FB message asking if she was all right and got no answer.

I didn't have any messages from her at all, which would be weird if she did have a fight with her boyfriend and fly back, because she would have had the half hour to the airport, an hour and a half flight, and an hour from the airport to call, text, or email.

Pretty sure someone was actually pounding on the door. Don't know if that someone was actually yelling my name or something that sounded like it.

My old roommate locked herself out of our apartment one night and banged on the door for an hour before going to a friend's apartment. I had a) taken melatonin, b) was wearing ear plugs, c) had both an air conditioner and a white noise machine going, and d) always turn my phone ringer off before I go to bed.

Here I had melatonin and the air conditioner going, and ZERO expectation that someone would be knocking on the door in the middle of the night.

So basically if you're trying to wake me up in the middle of the night and you are not a stabbing pain in my side, you are SOL.
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• It wasn't her. She's upstate having a great time with her man! So hooray to that, and pretty sure some random drunk person was pounding on the door.

Tongue is still swollen a little. I think I'm going to wade into autoimmune protocol -- first, no nuts and eggs, and then I'll get to nightshades.

Only ate breakfast today. Unintentionally IFing. Bacon, eggs, watermelon and coffee. It's hot!

Met up with friends for an am picnic, got a haircut and a blowout and a plant peel. Went to sephora and bought some tinted moisturizer and got serenaded by the staff and a free mascara and lipstick. YEAH BIRTHDAYS! I flew way under the radar this year (Jenn, don't you dare blow my cover). Was supposed to go see Godzilla with friends (they don't know it's my bday) and they wanted to go get drinks instead, so I bailed. I was like, is it worth it to give up everything I've gained from Whole30, my peace of mind, my non-puffy face, for drinks I have no interest in? No.

I found a suspicious pimple on my chest with either two little red arms or broken capillaries -- looks like staph. I bought manuka honey and some band aids and applied them to the pimple and I can FEEL IT WORKING. It feels like something is siphoning something out of my sternum. So weird. But cool.
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Nothing like a cat catapulting herself onto the bed when you don't normally live with a small animal to WAKE YOU UP! I nearly died of fright -- I was like WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT...oh right...cat...

So wide awake now, and it's 5:30am... Not hungry yet, tongue still swollen.
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I think my numbness is def from omega 3/omega 6 imbalance. I can't get away with anything! Salmon, sardines, and grass fed beef from now on.

Toes still going numb off and on, fingertips in two fingers in left hand feel a bit numb, there's a spot on my tongue that feels asleep, and my legs and arms have been falling asleep very fast. :-(
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Day 25, and I'm already at the Day 28 "Well, I'm so close, what does it matter anyway?" Probably because I got no sleep on Saturday night and because I got woken up at 5 am by a crazed cat. UGH.
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Not weighing myself and doing Whole 30 is keeping me away from the mindset of "I'm an evil genius of weight loss!". A) I have no idea what I weigh, B) I just know that I look better, C) I'm nervous about losing the meager ground I've one and am relieved to not be eating sugar all the time.
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Day 26. I stayed at work til 11 last night prepping samples for our show package. It was really fun! They're meeting now to pick an artist. Eep!

So anyway, really tired today. Didn't wake up in time to make lunch OR breakfast, and I have $7 in quarters until I get paid tomorrow, AND I'm meeting a friend from out of town for coffee at 2. I had an apple and coffee for breakfast AND NO ALMONDS. I went and looked at them in the cupboard, but I thought of how much my knees and ankles hurt, and I did not eat them. I'll probably run to the deli and get some hardboiled eggs. BUT HOORAY WILL POWER! This is amazing. And I've lost a lot of weight in my face. A lot. It's great. I don't think I'll weigh myself on Saturday. I think I'll just keep going. I don't want to know.
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X