No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slept for 13 hours last night but woke up with A LOT of energy! Amazing! Pretty amazing to have so much energy without having coffee yet or without popping a Wellbutrin! THE CARB FLU IS WORTH IT, BELIEVE IT!

Surprise surprise, got TOM! Bloat has mostly gone down, which is nice. THREE INCHES AT THE WAIST, FELLAS. If we feel huge right before TOM, that shit is really real. And not fair. Wahhh.

Still pretty amazed at how much energy I have during TOM. . I few days ago I did level 2 on the recumbent bike and felt like that was MORE THAN ENOUGH. Last night I was like LET'S GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD, and was cranking it out at level 6! We'll see how the gym goes tonight! My main goal for the gym is to leave feeling good. So if I'm not working too hard or in ways that exacerbate my injury, I feel pretty good. I think studies have shown that the feel-good feels last for 12 hours after, and I'm seeing that. So I'm fine to just crank out an hour on the recumbent bike at levels 2-6 and watch Modern Family on the screen. I do want to get hot, sure. But not at the cost of feeling good. I've done that before. No mas!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Slept about 8 hours last night. No zinging feeling of energy this morning. I actually woke up in the middle of the night and my PF foot was throbbing (that's never happened before), so I put my little PF boot on and slept with it on the rest of the night! That's so surprising to me because usually it annoys the hell out it me and I wake up after an hour or two with it and make a mad scramble to get the damned thing off because it bothers me so much.

Missing the zinging energy. Also I've been going to bed around midnight. Maybe I'll do a 100 days of 9pm bedtimes and see what happens. Going to WA to help with my brother and then being in KS where I don't know anyone really helped me to focus on what works for me, and do what I need to do for me. . More of that, please.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Coffee is making me evil-tempered this morning. I only had two cups, and I'm CRANKY NOW. More reason to get off coffee.

I need a climbing buddy. I had an ex and we would go bouldering all the time and that was nice. Most of my friends like top-rope climbing, but I think I prefer bouldering.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Do you have a personal journal/list to track each of your new goals?

Comment

• I have a tracking spreadsheet and tracking apps.

In other news, the dark circles under my eyes have faded a bit. VERY EXCITING.

I started my 12 week booty workout today at the gym and DID NOT DIE. Very interesting. Face is thinner but caught a mirror view of the back of me, and Heavens to Betsy I am chubbers! Good thing I'm on this Whole30 train.

I really want to go back to Jay Robb powder after 30 days. Maybe I'll meditate on it. Hmmm...
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Motivation -> http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread100567.html

Do you perform weighted glute bridges?

Comment

• Thought about caramel frappucinos last night. This morning I had a dream about coffee. I was in this giant house and I could have sworn that someone had made coffee, but I couldn't find it. Weird. Ran out of distilled water this weekend, and def think the water in the tea kettle was tap water. I got irritable and impatient after making coffee with whatever was in there yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it was a reaction to the water.

I'm in love with Trader Joe's Spicy Italian sausages. I can just bring a package to work and pop some in the toaster oven and eat them plain. Although I am getting bored with my food overall. Hmmm.

Maybe next week...

Meat sauce with spaghetti squash
                Eggs baked in avocados
                New green smoothie recipe
                Some new marinated chicken recipes
                Baked apples with cinnamon for dessert? And cashew cream? Or SAUTEED PINEAPPLE WITH CASHEW CREAM?

Also, my birthday is coming up, and I don't know what to do. I think I might get myself a helicopter lesson. That's not very social though...Hmmm...
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Also, my skin is getting WAY better. WAY, WAY better. I think I might get a facial for my birthday. And a platza and a schvitz. :-D
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Just had some grapes and got super tired. No more grapes for me.
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Ran out of fruit at home. No more evening fruit fix. Eyeing my roommate's chocolate, which she doesn't touch. She's one of those people who loses her appetite under stress. They exist. She often forgets to eat. She's had the same case of Dr. Pepper in the fridge for weeks, and a box of Perugina Baci for months. Months!

I don't think I want to weigh after a month. I don't think I want to know. I like focusing on how I look and feel, I worry I could get a bit crazy, tweaking this and tweaking that if I know how much I weigh. Maybe at the end of a Whole100, just for incentive to complete the damn thing. Hmmm...
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Sounds like you're doing well. That creeper was super creepy by your description. Ick.
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I bought a drink that's normally unsweetened, and grabbed the wrong bottle and took a gulp -- honey.

:-(

I'll be okay, but it's so annoying.
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Also my grocery store didn't have my special bacon this morning. My 13g of fat per slice bacon. They only had 7g of fat per slice. EVERYTHING WAS ALL WRONG THIS MORNING! I bought the 7 g of fat per slice and tried to make do BUT IT WASN'T THE SAME. I was so hungry at like 10am.

EDIT: I even emailed the bacon producer (Vande Rose Farms in Iowa), and I was like, HELP I NEED YOUR BACON MY LIFE FALLS APART WITHOUT IT!!!!! They told me where else I could get it in NYC. WHEW.
                            Last edited by kalli889; 06-05-2014, 12:00 PM.
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Got food from a deli buffet. Should have ordered from Hu Kitchen. My lips and tummy feel soft and bloated. THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR EATING SOMETHING I DIDN'T MAKE MYSELF.
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I live in Iowa and have never heard of this bacon... *googling*
                                Primal since March 5, 2012
                                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Working...
                                X