No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Totally okay, because that's how I feel! Adding back in Leptin Reset 50 g of protein for breakfast and IIFYM overall to make sure I prep enough of the right kind of foods because CHICKEN BREASTS DON'T CUT IT.

No wonder all of dieting America is hangry!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Got paid today so I bought a shit ton more bacon. :-D MOAR FAT. Planned my meals out so I can IIFYM this Whole30.

Woke up still groggy. Went to the grocery store across the street to get my bacon and was so groggy I felt drunk.

When I go upstate tomorrow, I think I'll bring a growler of kombucha, dates, and bacon to make bacon-wrapped dates as a Paleo treat. MMMMM...

EDIT: OH, AND I'M SUPER BLOATED. Like, huge. PMS, yeah, but I'm glad that they tell you in the stages of Whole30 your pants size will go up. What goes up must come down! So, I'm okay with it for now.

Whole30 Timeline
      http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/
      Last edited by kalli889; 05-22-2014, 07:46 AM.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I JUST ATE 12 OZ OF BURGER AND I FEEL AWESOME!

I'm really warm and I can see every vein in my hands. WE LIKE THIS, WE DOES.

Also, I am super bloated, due to probably both PMS and Whole30 conversion, and my face STILL ain't puffy. WHAT NOW.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Day 7, Whole 30. Started thinking about Peanut M&Ms and caramel macchiatos.

Less bloated all over today, although for some strange reason my tongue was swollen this morning. Still groggy when I woke up, although I woke up a half hour before my alarm.

I think I have a kidney infection. My kidneys hurt this morning, although they felt better after I had some lemon water. I bought some baking soda and had a half tsp dissolved in water, and I think that helped, but I should keep it up over the next few days. I think that's what happens when I drink wayyy too much coffee. Happened over the winter too, I think. Need to get off caffeine. :-/
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• It's strange, but coffee/tea/caffeine has never seemed to have an effect on me. I've also never really noticed much difference with the use of creatine supplementation either (muscle function). It's possible that I've never dosed high enough for either.

I don't particularly like/or dislike coffee. The only thing I think I've noticed with coffee is the cholinomimetics which affect appetite (decreasing it).

Comment

• MOAR FAT is certainly helping with eating all the things! No longer hungry all the time! But I am in the Zone of Misery w/r/t protein...getting sleepy after meals! Cutting back on protein, so dialing in on what works now. 3 chicken sausages? Too much, snoozefest. 2 chicken sausages? A-ok! Eating fatty omelette for lunch when it's lunch time and I'm not really hungry? Snoozefest. Won't do that again.
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Don't ever visit a pastry chef while you are doing a Whole 30. Cake and chocolates EVERYWHERE
                Last edited by kalli889; 05-25-2014, 05:14 PM.
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Bloat city. I don't think my waist has been this huge since my brother got cancer and I stuffed my face with gluten-free chocolate cake! So glad they warned us about the pants size going up! All of my other inches have gone down (still not down to my early January low), but my tummy is HUGE. Still haven't gotten TOM, so that may have something to do with it too. Very awkward feeling.
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Have you increased or decreased water intake (knowingly or otherwise)? It may be helpful to increase intake a little.

Comment

• Good call on the water. I normally drink a lot, but I might have slacked over the holiday weekend.

Really still loving how my face is not puffy anymore.

Got invited to celebratory my-roommate graduated-from-college-drinks. I'm pretty committed to a Whole100, so I guess I'm not drinking for the next 90 days. I might get her some flowers and one of her favorite cupcakes. (I don't try to convert people, and I found over the holiday weekend that if you don't expect people to eat like you they panic less at the idea of you eating NO SUGAR/FLOUR/DAIRY/GRAINS EVER (but won't you die without sugar/flour/dairy/grains? WON'T YOU???)

I'm thinking of going back to Los Angeles. Most of my friends here in NYC have kids and are more socializing with others with kids and most of my actor friends have all moved to LA. We'll see, we'll see...
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• The whites of my eyes are SO WHITE. They glow. It's pretty cool! The whites of my eyes usually only get this white if I'm taking Liver Rescue, and I ran out a week ago.

I had energy last night to work out, so I did! Just walked incline on the treadmill for about an hour. It's muggy and raining here, so people who say we don't need gyms are jerks. I packed my bag to go to the gym after work again today! Yay!
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Finally figured out what I can do at the gym! Long slow walks on the treadmill or long slow elliptical rides were hurting my PF so I did a long slow stationery bike ride. I think it will help strengthen my knees and not hurt my PF! . Never liked the stationery bike before, but I'll go with what works.
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Getting in that weird food ideation stage. Someone brought like 3 boxes of Donut Land donuts to work. Didn't eat them. One of my co-workers has birthday cake M&Ms. I don't want them, but I want them, know what I'm saying?

Otherwise, have pretty good energy. Feel calm and alert. Working out after work is keeping me too wired, so will probably work out in the AM next week.
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I workout pretty hard. I generally want to eat and sleep when I'm done Sometimes, I get that way though. I'd say your body just needs to learn the evening routine of exercise, nutrition, and rest. Stay consistent with a pattern for a while to see if it helps regulate some things.

Comment

• Had a dream about fried chicken last night. In the dream I kept telling myself that fried chicken is totally Paleo, and that the amount of flour in the batter is so negligible that it doesn't matter. WTF, DREAM!?!! Glad they included that part about food dreams so I can see it for the craziness that it is.

In other news, there were cupcakes and wine at work today, and I did not partake.

Also, my roommate is having drinks at a rooftop bar to celebrate her graduation. I went to the gym and now I'm beat so I begged off. I also didn't want to be the only one drinking. That would be awkward and not in line with my goals.

Some dude totally followed me around the gym today. Total creeper. I moved from a stationery bike to a recumbent bike because the stationery bike seats hurt after a while and he followed me. He started singing to himself and then started going really, really fast. Sometimes people sing to themselves to entertain themselves. Some people sing to themselves for attention from other people. Some people go really fast on cardio machines because they're pushing themselves, and their energy is all inwardly focused. This guy's energy was all over the place and it was creepy. So I got up and moved and got on an elliptical. He immediately got off the bike and stood there like he didn't know what to do, didn't clean the bike off, then started furiously lifting weights. So creepy. Thinking about looking into women's gyms. Especially after all that violence in Santa Barbara. Creeper city.
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X