No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a big tub of protein powder at Costco instead of re-upping my Jay Robb. Big mistake. New tub has artificial sweeteners in it that causes CRAZY sugar cravings.

I've been doing Bikram again and have enjoyed some physical benefits, but I cannot stand some of the teachers and their teaching styles. Don't do this, do that, then the next teacher says don't do that, do this, and then! The teachers who tell you to hyperextend your knees! I spend half the class trying to ignore the teachers. Modo Yoga, my studio from LA, opened a studio here. I'll have to go there when my month runs out at the place I'm at now (which is right across the street from where I work).
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• So, people at work are on various diets. Someone was talking about the Dukan diet, so I looked it up. It's like a meat Induction, then a meat and veggie phase. So Paleo. I could live on salmon! I think I'm going to do this. It's not like a diet, but I could totally live on salmon for a week. Then salmon and veggies. I see no need to eat any other meat. MMMMM.

EDIT: There is no way I can live without fat. See: rabbit starvation.
      Last edited by kalli889; 03-06-2014, 08:42 AM.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Cashews are allowed on the Whole30! I might actually be able to pull one off then! MMMMM...
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• You didn't know cashews were allowed?

They fall in the "best eating fats" category.

www.whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Shopping-List.pdf
          Primal since March 5, 2012
          SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
            You didn't know cashews were allowed?

They fall in the "best eating fats" category.

www.whole9life.com/book/ISWF-Shopping-List.pdf
            NEVER MIND. I have a monster stomach ache after eating cashews. UGH. High FODMAPS food. :-(
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• It's a food without brakes for me. Especially when freshly roasted and still warm.
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I am in love. I am in love and I want to share it with the world. I bought a Pro-Tec Night Splint for my plantar fasciitis and it is AMAZING. I've been using it for about two weeks now and already I have hardly any pain. I don't have the energy to run or anything yet, but maybe just decreasing this inflammation will help everything else!
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I tried Syntha-6 protein again. My forehead broke out in eczema after one day! Whey protein = eczema. I think I'm done with protein shakes. I boiled a dozen eggs as quick grab and go breakfasts. I need to live in a place with a better kitchen. I've basically got a hot plate. Going to look at an apt tonight.
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I think asparagus and are not friends. Again, high FODMAPS. I ate asparagus all the time in Kansas! Hmmm... Total stomachache city tonight.

Saw the apartment -- it was great! Two adorable little friends who have been friends since they were 4, splitting an apartment in the city. One is going to Europe for a few months and might sublet her room to me! They were so cute, and the place was cute and in a great location. Cross your fingers!
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• If you're having FODMAP issues it could be that your gut bugs are out of balance. That's what I experienced and RS and SBO probiotics are helping greatly! Ymmv
                      If you haven't read it already, check out the resistant starch thread.
                      K

Comment

• Oooh, I will! I did have a 3-day gastro illness recently that resolved with one high dose of probiotics, but that dose might not have been enough to make everything a-ok, just enough to make me not sick. Had asparagus with breakfast and let it cook longer -- in wondering if some of it was undercooked yesterday.

In other news, went for a run today! It's sunny and maybe 45-50 degrees here. There's a track across the street, so I ran in my Vivobarefoots on the nice soft track. It's so much easier to just head out the door to run than to slog all the way to the gym. My right heel is a little sore, but I'll keep using my night splint. My feet should become stronger over time, and my PF ought to resolve with "barefoot" running and use of the night splint.
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Does anyone have a link for the stages of Whole30? I had bacon and eggs this morning, some almonds, salmon and asparagus for lunch and I'm STARVING. Probably a normal phase, since I've been eating crap...
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Hangover phase: Fatigue, malaise. I've worsened by breaking down and eating sugar and getting a red bull. Oh well...most of my choices today are better than they have been in weeks!
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• All I've ever really known about Whole30 is that it is strict paleo for 30 days. *shrug* I think that last sentence is what matters. Just try to make good choices each day. Keep it up yo.

Comment

• I have solved breakfast! Trader Joe's sells bags of pre-boiled eggs, so I bought a few. (I only have a hot plate in my tiny apartment, and it doesn't boil water for eggs. I tried.) AND. I bought a jar of BLACK TRUFFLE SALT last night. YES. I WILL EAT A PRIMAL BREAKFAST EVERY DAY NOW.

MMMMM...
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X