No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In other news, woke up today without an alarm! Had that warmth-in-foot sensation after my high protein breakfast.... IIFYM wants me to eat 144g of ptn per day. I lost muscle mass while I was on medication from not eating enough. I weigh the same, but my body fat percentage went from 33% up to 35%. Time to hit the weights!

Speaking of weights, I got a Build A Better Booty workout program from a trainer on Instagram whose clients indeed build better booties. I did the first workout two weeks ago and only yesterday could I do a full squat again. Good/not good? Have to hit the gym again today!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• VERY repulsed by coffee now. Plain black decaf coffee is okay, but regular, and blechhhh! I'm also repulsed by coconut oil now, of all things! Duck fat in my soup? No problem! Coconut oil? Bleccch. Went to an OA meeting today. It was good! Have to make it a regular thing.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• The pain in my foot is gone. It doesn't hurt at all. At all! I don't know if its the cod liver oil/butter oil or the DE, but damn! No pain at all! I'm aware of my foot, if that makes sense, and it sometimes makes a snapping or a cracking sound, but it doesn't hurt at all! SAINTS BE PRAISED!
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Boiling alive all day today! So nice to be warm instead of cold. . Way to hum, little metabolism.

Also side note, either broccoli or kale is no bueno for me. I either need to stop eating it or take some digestive enzymes...
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Finally under 182. 181.8 on the scale yesterday. I think there's a huge emotional component for me. I got an online therapist at BetterHelp.com, and she's into food and natural healing, so she's a great check-in person. I also check in with her about committing to going to OA meetings, and then those are helpful too.

I've started doing a killer glute workout from @zoelovelivelift on Instagram. The first time I did it I hobbled around for two weeks and could only try to do another squat. This week I only hobbled for a few days. I think I want to get a kettle bell or two for home LHT.
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• WHEW! Took me forever to find the Reply button on the new update, I thought my app was broken!

TMI news...I've been having 3 cups a day of sautéed kale. It's delicious, and I think it's as relaxing as magnesium.

Downside: Gas city.

Going back to kimchee and sauerkraut for veggies. Unfermented veggies do not like me!
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Thinking of going back to NK when I go back to NYC. I love the calm energy. Tim Ferriss has got me on Brazil nuts for selenium and I've got myself on high doses of Vitamin C for this awful cold that's going around. I just want to be sane and grounded.

I've been reading this blog: diagnosisdiet.com/Ketosis-month-4/ and she does a Paleo dairy-free NK with duck fat! Whoo, duck fat! And I know just where to get it...
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I have really got to get off coffee. I've got a kidney infection, my 2nd or 3rd. I'm always asymptomatic until I piss blood. I've been having a ton of coffee and Diet Coke just to get through the day at work. Now I'm pissing blood! If that wasn't a reason to get off coffee, I don't know what is. UGH.
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I've been eating high fat things while traveling, and it seems to be helping my stress levels. Noted! Not NK high, high fat and low, low carb, but higher fat and lower carb.

Oh! I am in Boston. One of my best friends had surgery yesterday to remove a rib and a calcified tendon which were pressing against an artery and a nerve, causing pain and numbness in his arm and affecting sight in that eye. I'm here for moral support and to run interference with his estranged family. Also, we were in a minor car accident on the way to the hospital. Our taxi was t-boned at an intersection by a car going about 10 miles an hour. So, stressful. High fat seems to be keeping me grounded, and I'm sticking to decaf coffee and tea.
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I've lost some weight, despite travel stress, car accident stress, hospital stress, holiday parties, and rich dinners out! Key: eating fatty things! You get full faster and overall I tend to eat less of other things!

I didn't weigh myself, but my bra fits! See, I've lost a lot of inches around my band size, so I was a 34DDD, and Target bras only go up to 34DD. But! Now my bra fits! So I've shrunk! On my high fat holiday diet! Woo hoo!
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Interesting news about the bra. Sorry about the friend and the car accident. I'm glad everyone is ok. I'm late but Merry Christmas. When will you be arriving in NY?
                        Primal since March 5, 2012
                        SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• I have a bus ticket for tomorrow. But my friend has asked me to stay for longer. We have to ask our host if he's cool with that, and if it is, I'll stay here and try to temp. Otherwise I'll hit up an art museum tomorrow and then NYC here I come!
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I have to tell on myself. I've been eating wheat. And it's giving me shortness of breath. I think when I eat it I'm in denial about it, but after a few days of huffing and puffing from having toast, I'm in acceptance.
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I lost a pound last week! I'm 180.7 lbs! Woo hoo! I ate high fat low carb during the day and whatever at night. (Google "carbs after dark"). I don't mind losing slowly as long as I'm losing.

I'm in NYC and it feels MUCH BETTER. My friend Martin got me a guest pass at Equinox gym, so I went this morning and did intervals on the elliptical and kettle bell swings. I wanted to use the steam room, but it was being cleaned. Oh well. Tomorrow. When I first moved to NYC I lost 6 lbs in a month from just walking more, no other changes. Lets do that again!

Oh! Just talked to a friend I haven't spoken to in a while. She did a Whole30 recently and lost 16 lbs! I maybe mentioned Paleo to her once. So nice to have a real life friend I can talk to about food.

I'm back on dairy -- butter, heavy cream, etc. I'm losing weight on it this time, so maybe I had leaky gut before and it's healed now. We'll see!
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• So I tried to get away with buying cheap whey protein instead of egg white protein. The left side of my face swelled up, my tongue swelled up, no good. Guess what? Trader Joe's Chocolate Whey Protein has MSG in it! Nooooo!
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X