No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been re-reading this blog. It's so nice to have a record of what works. I think I'm going to go back to Jay Robb chocolate protein powder for breakfast. But! Last August I had a 36" waist and I was 172. Today I have a 36" waist and I'm 182. Muscle? HMMMM...
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Muscle or fuller glycogen stores (added water weight). Either way, you've maintained. Why did you set your goal weight for 135?

Comment

• Because that's what I weighed before I put on a shit ton of weight.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Telling on myself: I ate a whole Chocolove Toffee Almond bar and now I want to fall asleep.
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Fair enough. Did you have as much lean body mass at that weight as you do now?

Comment

• I don't know! I was climbing, running, and doing yoga alot. MYSTERY! I'm not really all that concerned about hitting that weight, so much as that size.

In other news, I bought a bag of Jay Robb Chocolate Egg White protein. No sleepiness afterwards, which I get with whole eggs. AND. I MADE THE MOST DELICIOUS DRINK EVER. 2 scoops Jay Robb protein (48 g ptn), 1/4 c coconut milk (10.5 g fat), and 1 cup of Antioxidant Berries from Costco (15g carbs). CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY DELIGHT! My brain is so happy from the fat. I'm trying to see how much fat I can get into my shakes before they become gross. Tomorrow I'll try 1/3 c (which is the serving size on the can). Good mood shake, for sure. AND this helps with the morning "I don't want to eat, food is gross!" thing that happens. This is really easy to digest, but it kept me full from 9am to 5pm (ie, I wasn't hungry -- NOT I could tell I needed to eat but I couldn't eat because I have a rock in my stomach and food is repulsive.)

WIN!
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Hmmm. Took my Theanine Serene AND melatonin. Was super tired, yawning and dragging my feet, turned the lights out and...

Here we are. Wide awake.
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Honey for the win! I was surfing around the interwebs, and I found a Seth Godin article on sleep hacking -- 2 tbsps of acv in hot water with a tbsp of honey before bed for good sleep. I've tried a TEASPOON of honey before bed (back in my NK experiment), a tablespoon! Zzzzzzzs...perfection. Nightly ritual. Thank you, Seth Godin. Apparently Tim Ferris is into it too. (BTW, I should read Four Hour Body...
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Ate an apple and almond butter after my workout today. A little sleepy. Carbs after dark only? May have to be...
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• My front left incisor has been feeling a little sensitive to cold and heat recently, and just a little...tender. So I made Wellness Mama's remineralizing toothpaste, and I think I'll order some Blue Ice CLO tomorrow. Teeth experiments!
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I did the coolest thing today! My mom started taking iron, and her energy levels shot up. She was annoyed because her doctor told her that her iron levels were normal. We were talking about how we wanted to know what OPTIMAL blood labs were, because "normal" clearly wasn't good enough.

I googled "optimal thyroid" and found Dr. Rind's website: www.drrind.com

He has neat tables that explain everything and how the different hormones interact, and why you might be tired even if your labs are "normal." I plugged my numbers in and lo and behold, adrenal fatigue and estrogen dominance. (My own damn fault for staying up late, eating grains, and chugging caffeine.). But interesting! My doctor told me my numbers were fine too. DOH!
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• My blood is in optimum shape though! Need to lay off caffeine and go to bed at a regular time...
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I'M SO HUNGRY! My appetite is back in a big way and I'm liking/needing fats again, so that's good! With my medication I was never hungry and barely ate 800-1200 calories a day and fats grossed me out. I could see my hair thinning, and I thought, "No way!"

So I'm hungry again, yay!
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I got my order of Blue Ice Fermented CLO/Butter Oil capsules today! Took my first two! We'll see what they do for my teeth and skin. I see the coast as being Omega-3s + Vitamin D + Vitamin A + CLA. We'll see how it goes! My teeth are already less sensitive after using my remineralizing toothpaste for a few days!
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Bleah, I am really grossed out by Vanilla Jay Robb. Way too sickly sweet. Chocolate or Unflavored only. MAYBE strawberry, we'll have to try it...
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X