No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to bed at 8pm and woke up at 2am! I'm wide awake and feel refreshed! WHAT DARK MAGIC IS THIS!?

I'm calling this a fluke and am sure I'll be asleep again in a few hours...BUT WHAT IF THIS HAPPENED EVERY NIGHT!? I'd get so much done! And I'd have my precious alone time. . My sleep cycle app says I barely moved a bit for most of it, meaning my sleep was very deep indeed.

Stopped all screens at 7pm, took a super hot bath at 8pm, and took some Ashwagandha before going to sleep. A reviewer on Amazon said it was the best thing to help her restore her circadian rhythm. It's an adaptogenic, so it balances you out.

I've been reading a lot of books on female Asperger's and have joined an online Aspie forum. A lot of stuff makes sense now. It says that girls can go undiagnosed because they'll study NTs and mimic social behavior. I can come off as very outgoing but it can be exhausting. No wonder fashion week seemed more terrifying than fun! Currently looking into work I can do that will be less stressful, so I can save my stress reserves for film and acting work. Thinking about going back to NYC in the Spring (although all my stuff is in LA...doh!). Springtime in NYC is my favorite.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Tired again. Maybe I just experienced The Watch, the period of wakefulness in between two periods of sleeping that people had in pre-electrical times.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Had a beautiful night of sleep last night. Taking my meds in the afternoon didn't affect it at all, so if I wake up late, I'll still take my second dose.

Got my labs back today, and everything looks good!

Oh yeah, forgot, they did a complete thyroid panel w/o me even asking! I thought my blood draw last month was just cholesterol (which is awesome). Talk about service!
        Last edited by kalli889; 10-15-2013, 07:20 PM.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Didn't have eggs for the past two days. Had them today...just, no. Ten, twenty minutes afterwards I was so sleepy and groggy. Something is up with those eggs. Have to give them up! Arrrr.
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Tried to jump rope yesterday. Today my plantar fasciitis is back with a vengeance.

<Face palm>
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Does massage help? Have you tried rolling a golf ball on the bottom of your foot? Any "itis" is inflammation and generally comes from overuse. Are your shoes negatively affecting your feet?

Comment

• Originally posted by kalli889 View Post
                I got some Vitex and Ashwaganda today! Vitex to regulate my cycle (come on, 28 days!), and Ashwaganda for adrenal health and energy. I probably should start them separately, to see diff effects...buuuuuuut I'm not. I'm impatient.
                I have some vitex. Won't take it anymore b/c it makes my period brutal. Want it?

I wear vibrams and hardly ever have any PF symptoms anymore. My arches were forced to do their job and now they work without complaint.
                Primal since March 5, 2012
                SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                  I have some vitex. Won't take it anymore b/c it makes my period brutal. Want it?

I wear vibrams and hardly ever have any PF symptoms anymore. My arches were forced to do their job and now they work without complaint.
                  My vibrams are in storage in LA.

Sure I'll take your vitex!
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I started taking a store-brand One-A-Day. Today I got so nauseous, even after taking it with food. The house smelled like gas or burning rubber, even though the stove is electric. Going to stop taking it. I just connected the nausea with the vitamins today...

EDIT: Oh great. Some synthetic vitamins are made with coal tar.

http://www.doctorsresearch.com/articles4.html
                    Last edited by kalli889; 10-16-2013, 05:01 PM.
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Had my last eggs. 6 eggs in a shake. Tired. Yesterday I had 4 fried eggs with bacon, and didn't feel tired. I do recall having a lovely eggs Benedict on herbed rice with avocado and bacon on the side a few months ago and that breakfast kept me going allllll day. But I think that was 2 eggs. So maybe no more than 4 eggs at a time? . Or just meat meat meat.

I don't like being tired.

I'm glad I'm out of eggs.
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Edema from insufficient protein or salt?

http://caloriecount.about.com/forums...r-malnutrition

This is an interesting view on the whole bloating issue. I've always thought I only bloated from chemicals in diet soda and from dairy. But insufficient protein? There are more articles too, if you google.
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I think I'm going to stop taking Vitex. I started it on what, the 12th? And today is the 20th? My mood sunk like a tank on Tuesday or Wednesday and hasn't revived. Major depression. If you have a prior history of depression, Vitex can in some instances exacerbate it. I only took one morning dose yesterday, so I think I'm going to quit it to see what happens. Even just writing this makes me feel a lot better. I've basically been in bed since Weds. I think I'll stick to adaptogens now with no side effects of lowered mood or depression.

http://wellnessmama.com/8314/herb-profile-vitex/
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I hope your mood improves. I might have missed it, but have you had your estrogen or progesterone levels tested? My period has greatly improved after starting progesterone cream.

Have you signed up for the Real Food Con? Wellnessmama is one of the featured speakers today.

Comment

• My period GREATLY improved after I stopped eating dairy. Went from 45-ish days to 33. So that's what, 5 more days to cut off? I'm thinking more leafy greens and brassicas (they sweep out excess estrogens) and just ashwagandha for now. I get my blood checked again in a month or two, and I'll get my hormone levels checked.

I'm not eating enough because of my medication. When I was off my medication I could eat 1g of ptn per lb of lean mass, and I saw regular movement on the tape measure that way. Now, with my meds, I look at food and I'm like, Meh. Tape measure isn't moving and i'm cold again. (Which is odd, because my medication used to make me warm all the time.). I might go through this last bottle and then taper off and try to eat more. In other news, not eating a whole lot saves money.

And in other other news, I'm making a slow cooker pork shoulder roast for the first time! Wish me luck!

I've been thinking of going to school for medicine in Germany. Med school is a lot cheaper there, and they use naturopathy as a matter of course. Europe has also banned GMOs. (It irritates me that I'm looking at this pork shoulder, wondering if it's going to f*** with my hormones. >> GMO-fed animals in studies develop infertility and have high infant mortality. They also get more reproductive tumors. Makes me ill just writing that. I wouldn't have to worry about that in Europe.) I have friends in both Berlin and Cologne, and I pick up languages pretty easily. I'd have to do a post-baccalaureate here in pre-med, since I'm missing biology, chemistry, and organic chemistry. Almost all of my college friends are doctors. I remember helping my college roommate study for organic chemistry, and I picked up the molecules faster than she did and she got annoyed with me. :-P.

All I do anyway is read books about balancing hormones, and herbs, and how how food can impact neurology. Why not? I'd have to start slow anyway, so I could always change my mind.
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Yesterday and the day before I had beans, again because I'm low on funds and they're $2 a pound.

My experience of sitting before: fine, no problem.

My experience of sitting today: painful.

There you have it! I don't have gastro symptoms from beans, but I do have musculoskeletal pain. I don't know when I'll have more funds. The pork roast should last for a few days, but I haven't any veggies to go with it. :-/
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X