• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kalli889 View Post
    Lol

[ATTACH]13124[/ATTACH]
    hahahahahaha

Originally posted by kalli889 View Post

Fun fact of the day: Did you know we make estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone from cholesterol? We do!
    Very good to know! Thanks! I hope you can get some decent sleep soon!
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Stayed up all night reading a sci-fi book. Doh. At least it was enjoyable, and by choice.
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
      Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Sometimes I get SO TIRED after my egg shakes! Might I be sensitive to eggs? . What will I do for a cheap source of protein for my BAB?

http://paleohacks.com/questions/1052...#axzz2fpN2wIfJ

In other news, I hit upon the perfect Paleo dinner for me to bring on the sleepies: turkey burgers and a roasted sweet potato. Ate that and kerpow! Totally sleepy, and woke up earlier than usual. Way to use tryptophan and carbs in my favor.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Someone posted on here about their own sensitivity to eggs -- said that after they removed eggs, their energy levels shot up. HMMM.
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Sweet potatoes are almost always delicious. I never appreciated them as a child, because they were always cooked to mush and covered in marshmallows. I only ever ate the marshmallows. I just ate a baked sweet potato covered in ghee and Himalayan salt. So satisfying.
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I fell asleep at 9:15pm and WOKE UP WITHOUT AN ALARM AT 4:45am. WHAAAA?

What miracle is this?

Bio-hacking! Using the somnolent effects of starchy carbs to my benefit! Thank you for the sleep, modest sweet potato!

You know, when I road-tripped across the country I was wired and tired from driving all day and chugging Red Bulls. I'd pull over here and there for a power nap and one time my eyes were crossing from tiredness but I couldn't sleep. So I went in to the rest stop and ate a horrible personal pizza. (By horrible, I mean horribly delicious.). Ten minutes later, out like a light, a half hour later, awake, dewy and refreshed. NATURE'S SLEEPING REMEDY, STARCHY CARBS ARE!!!

I def recommend the sweet potato over the pizza. It's Paleo!
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Too bad my morning eggs are also soporific! Took some vitamin C in case the sleepiness is a histamine reaction. Only got 6 eggs down the hatch in this morning's shake. Didn't want to repeat yesterday's post-egg pass out.

Hmmm...time to find the closest Costco for cheaper protein...

EDIT: Vitamin C helps! Still got sluggish though.
                Last edited by kalli889; 09-25-2013, 09:17 AM.
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• You said you woke from your nap dewy...from sweat or sleeping outside in the grass?

I generally don't nap because of the ensuing headache and adrenaline storm that makes me sweaty and uncomfortably hot.

Comment

• My feet are warm. My feet are never warm. I'm always cold. Always. This is a miracle!
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Coffee w/o coconut oil < coffee w/ coconut oil. I'm convinced that coffee is merely my delivery device for the vivifying effects of the coconut oil, but I like the taste too much to sub in green tea (although I know I should...
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Nothing wrong with coffee - as long as it's not moldy. I heard that some coffees have traces of mold in them b/c they aren't handled properly, and low quality coffees like Foldgers and Sanka are the worst. That being said, I'm not a coffee drinker. Too bitter for me (unless loaded up with sugar and seasonings or comes from a "just add water" gas station capuccino machine).

I'm considering a LR. No idea how to get that much protein without breaking my no-protein shakes rule or eating a million eggs. But I remember when I did it before, I usually felt full enough to skip lunch - but I also wasn't running then. Can I do a LR and run? I recall being told not to exercise for the first 6 weeks or something.

I should really visit with Dr. Kruse again. Did you know he's on facebook? I had to hide his posts b/c he got way too political and crazy on me. lol

Comment

• Had some black beans and bacon today, about 5 hours ago. They were DELICIOUS. Also had 2 cups of coffee, and started on my third. Now I'm nauseous. The beans or maybe I'm over-caffeinated?

Blechhh. 80/20, indeed.
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Jen, is there a Costco near you? I just found out they have turkey burgers that are 35g of ptn EACH! You could have 1.5 and meet the BAB req! On the internets it says the ingredients are like turkey, rosemary, pepper, salt.
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I do have a Costco near me, but I'm not a member. I haven't even stepped foot in the place (ours has a covered parking lot (think parking garage) which I think is uber cool!) yet. I plan to someday, but it hasn't worked out yet.

Turkey, chicken and pork chops are the only things I can think of that would give me enough protein in the mornings. I learned my sausage patties are only 4 gm each. Seriously???

Comment

• Costco saved my protein-eating life.
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X