No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't eat a meat heavy diet, I eat a fat heavy one. Most of my protein comes from eggs!
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• I do have bacon every morning -- I'll check the sodium content. When I was in WA and doing NK I had to have 1/2-1 cube of bouillon every day to not faint...and I was super nice and calm. Maybe I get dehydrated here in KS more easily.

In other news, I had a fattier than normal omelette this morning AND IT ROCKED! I put one whole egg and two egg yolks in...cue angels singing! Yay! I feel great!
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• My daily food:

Breakfast: Scramble with three eggs (or one egg and two yolks), qtr to half cup of bacon, qtr cup chopped onions. Side of sliced tomatoes or kimchi or an organic sprouted corn tortilla. 1-2 mugs of coffee with tbsp coconut oil and chocolate almond milk.

Then I'm generally not hungry for the rest of the day. If I do get hungry, I'll have a green smoothie, some cashews, some watermelon, or whatever I feel like! Sometimes I'll have a gluten-free pizza or chicken pot pie. But generally not hungry after breakfast.

I'm NOT CONSCIOUSLY RESTRICTING. I have restricted in the past and it makes me crazy and hungry. This makes me calm and satisfied.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• My skin is clearing up after giving up all dairy AGAIN.

Reading WOMANCODE, by holistic health coach and fellow Hopkins alum Alisa Vitti! Let's regulate these hormones!
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• How does your body respond to goat milk/cheese products?

Comment

• Same
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I'm actually okay with it now. I just have to get over that initial hump of quitting dairy and then I don't miss it at all. Hardly at all. . Chocolate almond milk for coffee and duck fat to fry eggs in and life is gooooooood...
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Yeah, I've noticed about the only dairy I normally eat is the yogurt I make at home. But I also make my own cheesecake from time to time. I'm glad I don't have any problems with dairy. At least, I don't have any that I know of. Almond milk rocks though.

Your breakfast sounds simple and quite nice. I'm about to go do up some eggs. Cheers

Comment

• You're lucky! And cheesecake and homemade yogurt sound delicious!

I'm reading this book, WOMANCODE, about regulating one's hormones with food. I saw a snippet in there about dairy coming from pregnant cows, so that the estrogen was elevated and could affect one's hormones negatively. My cycle went way off again, so I might jump start it with acupuncture...and get this sleep back on track..

My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Got acupuncture today to deal with the insomnia and irregular cycle. I feel lovely. This WOMANCODE book is interesting, but she does include grains like brown rice and quinoa.
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Be careful what you wish for! Just got cramps. Thanks, acupuncture!
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I've added all of these "fitspo" accounts on Instagram, and now I want to Crossfit.
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• The rec centers around here are all free! Woo hoo! And there's one that's a five minute walk away!

Went to the doctor today! My blood pressure was 108/72.

<brushes dirt off shoulders>

Got a tetanus / diptheria / pertussis booster and now I'm nauseous and my arm hurts. <cue tiny violins...>. Better that than catching whooping cough and coughing so hard I break my own ribs! Shudder.

All these fitspo Instagram accounts are inspiring me to try Whole30 again. Right now my vice is Powerade Zero, because its so freaking hot here...
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Oh, and the doctor totally wasn't concerned about my irregular cycle. "Well, as long as you get it once or twice a year..."
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Oh oh oh! I had an eye appointment too! My eyesight IMPROVED since my last eye exam!!! Left eye used to be -3.75 and right eye used to be -4.00 and now both eyes are -3.50!!! What the what! This ish works!
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X