No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hugs, Kalli. Sounds like you're going through a rough patch right now. I hope it smooths out for you soon.
    Primal since March 5, 2012
    SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Chamomile tea seems to be helping with the irritability. Had a high fat breakfast, and seemed to be ok. Had only one cup of coffee and immediately felt cranky. What will I do without coffee? o_O
      My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
      Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• Tummy upset all day but NOT CRANKY all day! I call that a win! The water here sucks, so we have to buy spring water or distilled. This is a major bummer. In NYC and Baltimore, the water is so clean that you can bottle and sell tap water. Here it tastes like poison. We ran out of bottled water and I tried to use tap water for tea and it grossed me out so bad I went and bought a bottle of Fiji. Come on, people, this is America! We ought to be able to drink water from the tap! #rantover

High fat breakfast again led to a 1-meal day, but something in there didn't sit right. I think maybe the bacon was just over the edge? Say it isn't so! We'll try without that bacon tomorrow. Fat omelette with a side of sliced avocado.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
          Hugs, Kalli. Sounds like you're going through a rough patch right now. I hope it smooths out for you soon.
          Thanks, Jenn! I'm sure I'll get it sorted out. Eventually!
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Had my first non-irritable day in a long time! I forgot what it felt like to feel this good!
            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Had a good grocery shopping day. Got some duck fat, some chicken livers, some pate, some avocados, local cream, and Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter.

I think I'm awake right now because of my pâté dinner. Oh, but it was sooo good.
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• glad you're feeling better.

Comment

• I've been reading more about Ayurveda. The person who recommended this book to me was like, "Oh, you're Vata! (Creative, lots of ideas) this might be helpful to you." I looked at the books and did the test, and at first I look like Kapha (overweight), but everything else is Vata -- lots of ideas, tendency to spaciness, sensitive digestion, restlessness, small bright eyes, dry skin and hair, small bird bones. And what is recommended for Vata?

Warm foods. Meat, fats, and cooked vegetables. Warmth. Warm baths. Hot drinks (not caffeine).

That sound like everything I love, that makes me feel better.

Primary vata imbalance, with secondary kapha.

Speaking of fats, I need to try making my breakfast tomorrow with the duck fat!
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Can't sleep, so I made myself some Teecino chai. I recently bought a bottle of local cream, and tried it out tonight.

This cream is the shit. This cream is the bee's knees. This cream is everything. There are big gobs of heavy cream floating around in it, which weirded me out. I tasted it, suspiciously, and I got that warm happy brain buzz and I started laughing. This cream is everything. I was angry for a minute, because how people can fuck up cream so I've never had cream like this before, but I feel too good about my cream to dwell on it.

Mmmmm...
                    Last edited by kalli889; 08-14-2013, 10:31 PM.
                    My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• That sounds delicious.

Comment

• Woke up and water weight is mostly gone. Okay, so I can eat sugar here, like, once, and it doesn't bother me weight or inches wise, but it leads to more sugar eating and it makes me cranky as fuck. So no more sugar, except in Justin's Hazelnut Butter, which is VERY satiating, and is like 12 carbs a serving.

Had a high fat breakfast of a bacon and onion scramble (with tortillas - sorry peeps, I'm playing with organic corn) topped with salsa and sour cream, and coffee with my NEW CREAM, turmeric, pepper, and honey.

I'm not quite to bear-fighting mode yet, but I could snuggle a panda cub or two.

Yes. I feel really good.

Really over deviled eggs, as I keep boiling eggs and not making them.

I think I'll go to the gym.
                        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Had a great day! Good energy for most of the day. Only downturn was a green smoothie made with pear juice, water, chard, cinnamon, cucumber, and avocado. Wanted to pass out afterwards. Too much pear juice? Green smoothies used to be vivifying. Thinking of getting a blood sugar meter thingie. GADGETS!

My body fat percentage is 34.7%. And my lean mass is 123.something. The last time I checked my lean mass (admittedly, four years ago) my lean mass was 115, and that was AFTER months and months of climbing at the rock gym. So eight more pounds of muscle since then! No wonder I can be at a higher weight and look not that bad. MUSCLE!

I've been reading Sabine's journal, and I'm all interested in this ADF business. I def have some days where I don't eat hardly anything, or I don't want to, but force myself to. HMMM...

Also did a vata-pacifying night routine of a hot bath with ginger, a foot massage with sesame oil and warming spices (cinnamon, cloves, cardamom -- really need the essential oils though...), hot tea with nutmeg. I feel good and sleepy. We'll see if it takes, as we're in energized Pitta-time until 2 am.
                          Last edited by kalli889; 08-15-2013, 09:11 PM.
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Also, I have high blood pressure. 140/90. I've NEVER had high blood pressure before. Ever. If anything, I've had low. One time I donated blood and the nurse couldn't get a reading on either arm, and she was like, "I know you're not dead because you walked in here and are talking to me..."

Damn. It was like a point of pride that I had amazing blood pressure.

WAY TO MAKE ME FEEL OLD, IN-STORE BLOOD PRESSURE MACHINE!
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Whoa, can we talk muscle here for a moment? Last year when I started this whole party and had been PB for a month, these were my stats:

Weight: 173
                              Waist: 31"
                              Waist at BB: 38"
                              Hips: 42"
                              Thigh: 22.5"
                              Calf: 13.5"
                              Upper Arm: 12.5"
                              Chest: 33"
                              Bust: 37"

These are my stats as of YESTERDAY:
                              Weight: 188 (+15 lbs)
                              Waist: 28.5" (-2.5)
                              Waist at BB: 37" (-1)
                              Hips: 40" (-2)
                              Thigh: 21.5" (-1)
                              Calf: 13" (-0.5")
                              Upper Arm: 11" (-1.5)
                              Chest: 31" (-2)
                              Bust: 37"

So net-net down 10.5" since last year and up 15 pounds. Welcome to the Bizarro World of adding muscle.
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Was looking back some more at my journal, and in Oct 2011 I was 158-160 lbs and a size 8...and in Dec 2012 I was 163 lbs...and a size 12. WEIRD. Loss of muscle mass? I hardly worked out at all in 2012. TWO WHOLE SIZES OF DIFFERENCE. Three pounds! Bodies are nuts. At least mine is.
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X