No announcement yet.

Kalli's Leptin Reset Experiment

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been depressed for a few days. Just gorged on some gluten-free waffles with apple butter and feel a million times better. Weird.
    My Leptin Reset Journey

Current BF%: 35
    Goal BF%: 20-23

Comment

• How does one make apple butter? Glad you're feeling better.

PS I miss bagels.
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
        How does one make apple butter? Glad you're feeling better.

PS I miss bagels.
        It was store-bought and totally had sugar. It was sweet but not too sweet. I have eczema on my arm from the bagel and I didn't sleep very well last night so I'm reaping what I sowed!

I've been feeling resentful about eating this way, and also had an obsessive feeling of lack -- which led to the constant fruit eating, and then bagel consumption. My brother took a banana I bought with him to the gym (never mind that we've totally been sharing food) and I was like THAT IS MY ONLY FORM OF SUGAR AND YOU TOOK IT. That happened inside my head on a kill all the things day. I went to bed at 9pm last night, woke up three times, woke up at 6:30 feeling good enough to really wake up, but went back to sleep and woke up for good at 9:30am. I feel way better than I have for the past few days. Have to go to bed early and eat more carbs to make this Whole30 thing work (might be too restrictive for me right now).

I did okay on normal carb flu, I think. But this carb flu gave me depression. Maybe if I try again I'll load up in sweet potatoes and fruit.
        Last edited by kalli889; 05-23-2013, 11:18 AM.
        My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Bought Mango Black Tea at Trader Joe's. This is one of my favorite things to drink. I've been feeling "eh" about coffee lately. I had two mugs of it with a Tbsp of coconut oil each. It was delicious. I used to carry a jar of coconut oil around with me - maybe it's time to start doing that again! Higher fat.
          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Ever thought to make your own apple butter? I found this: Apple Butter: It’s Paleo | My Paleo Life

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
              Ever thought to make your own apple butter? I found this: Apple Butter: It’s Paleo | My Paleo Life
              Oooh, that sounds delicious!
              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Recent depression aside, I am very interested in ketogenic diets. I've been reading up on them because of my brother (cancer), and from anecdotal reports on mood and energy levels. Some things say to taper in by going on a normal Paleo diet for a while, eating sweet potatoes, etc., and then go into Paleo-Keto. I've just gone back into Paleo, so maybe the drop in carbs was way too intense. The effects are interesting enough to keep me curious, and to possibly play with in the future.

What You Should Know About the Low-carb Ketogenic Diet
                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I've recently reacquainted myself with coconut oil. I've been cooking with it, but I haven't been DRINKING it.

I've been putting it into my tea AND IT IS SO GOOD AND I FEEL SO GOOD.

HOW COULD I FORGET THIS MAGICAL ELIXIR?

Also, I'm beginning to loathe coffee. Fascinating.
                  My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I ate a spoonful of coconut oil once... it made my tummy so upset! But I think it was a texture thing. I probably should have melted it first. lol

Comment

• That's actually one of the first things that made me even open to the idea of eating more fat, having bought into the whole low-fat thing. I was making eggs one day and licked the excess coconut oil off the knife instead of scraping it back in the jar. IT TASTED SOOOO GOOD that I ate half the jar right there. My brain was so happy and it felt like angels singing. Then I had a friend introduce me to bulletproof coffee, although I only did it with coconut oil and not butter.

This morning I had 6 oz of salmon, sauerkraut and a few berries for breakfast, along with two mugs of tea with coconut oil in them.

Feeling pretty good.

So weird that I can go from super depressed to feeling awesome in the space of two days. WHAT'S THAT ABOUT, FOOD?
                      My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by kalli889 View Post
                        WHAT'S THAT ABOUT, FOOD?
                        *like*

Comment

• My yoga shorts feel a bit looser today!
                          My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Well. I put myself on a ketogenic diet today. I feel amazing. I took the dog for a walk and all the colors of the woods seemed more real and vibrant. The greens seemed more green. Everything seemed more beautiful. I stopped and chatted with a girl who was walking a German Shepherd, which is way more social than I've been feeling. I've been thinking about 2013, and I was reviewing my Instagram and I was like wow, 2013 has been full of love, togetherness, family and travel! 2013 has been wonderful! (Yes, this is the same person who was deeply depressed two days ago.)

I don't know if I'll feel this way in a week, but we'll find out. I started using My Fitness Pal to parse the macros. I budgeted for greens and guess what? Self doesn't want to even look at them! This reminds me of last year, when I got an aversion to greens! Maybe I was already moving towards ketogenic! HMMMM!
                            My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• I'm finding it difficult to eat enough fat. I got hungry yesterday evening, and had more coconut oil.

It's also a tricky wicket trying to limit protein. Hrm.

I really want to try adding heavy cream, but I remember how I felt the day after heavy cream. (Total cream hangover.). However! They have RAW cream here at the co-op. Raw. And I want to try it. Adventures in experimentation? Putting my hand in a bear trap?
                              My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

• Heavy cream is amazing! I feel soooo good! We'll see how I feel tomorrow. I feel really happy and positive. Food is so cray-cray. They didn't have raw cream at the co-op, so I ended up getting organic, but pasteurized, cream. Still feels suuuuuuuper great. :-)
                                My Leptin Reset Journey

Comment

Working...
                                X