Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2-1/2 year old has gained a over a lb. in 2-1/2 weeks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2-1/2 year old has gained a over a lb. in 2-1/2 weeks!

Me (30), my husband (31), and my son (2-1/2) started our primal journey on 3/26/12 (2-1/2 weeks ago). I have lost 6 lbs., my husband has lost 9 lbs., and my son has gained 1.2 lbs.! My husband is 6' tall and 152 lbs. He is working on putting on some muscle now. I'm 5'-6" and 164 lbs., currently. Looking to drop a few sizes and get in the best possible health. BUT, the best part is, our son is growing like crazy! My husband and I have been 98% primal since the start, and our son is about 85-90% primal. Since we've been eating this way, my son has been eating like crazy! It's amazing to see! Since he was around 9 months old, he has had a hard time gaining weight and growing. He is dairy and soy intolerant. I think he may have been missing all this good fat in his diet! He loves bacon! He's gained over a lb. since we've started! He's finally at 28.4 lbs. after being at 27.2 for months. I can't wait to see how tall he's going to grow over the next few weeks! My husband and I losing weight on this diet is one thing, but to see my son thrive on it let's me know we are doing exactly what we are supposed to be doing!

I just wanted to share the good news with everyone. I have been coming to these boards since day 1 for inspiration. I will continue to update everyone with our successes. We have taken "before" pictures, so it won't be to long before we have some amazing "after" pics to share. Thanks for reading!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

That's fantastic!!!!!!!!

Comment

Awesome! Keep us posted on his progress! x)
      "Since going primal, I've found that there are very few problems that cannot be solved with butter and/or bacon fat."

My amusing take on paleo-blogging: http://whatshouldwecallpaleolife.tumblr.com/

Are you a Primal in San Francisco, or the SF Bay Area in general? Join our facebook group!

Comment

Very happy this isn't about how you're thinking about going off primal because your baby is growing. Honestly this place has become so wacky sometimes I truly expected that.
        I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Originally posted by iniQuity View Post
          Very happy this isn't about how you're thinking about going off primal because your baby is growing. Honestly this place has become so wacky sometimes I truly expected that.
          Me too!

Glad it's working so well for you all

Comment

OMG arnt you wurreyd he's getting fat? put him on vegitarran diet rite now.

Comment

What wonderful result and such a positive tick for the Primal lifestyle. I'd love one day to see a comparison study between children raised on a Primal lifestyle and those raised on the 'normal' high carb CW. I wonder if Primal children will stay healthy, and not suffer the 'slowing' of metabolism and ensuing weight gain - & it's accompanying diseases of metabolic association - that doctors tell us are 'normal' from the mid 30s onwards.
              Odille
              F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
              following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

That's crazy! Haha. I'm ecstatic that my child is growing!
                I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Comment

+1

woohoo!
                  my primal journal:
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Fab stuff!!
                    I don't ask that you like me - all I ask is that you respect my life experiences and i will do the same.

Comment

Woo hoo! He's up another .4 lbs. in just 5 days!! (I don't weigh him every day-usually once per week).
                      I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

baby groks are AWESOME .. cant wait to have my own!

good for you! i bet he will be sick less often and grow stronger than his classmates too!
                        started at 310 July 23rd 2011 ... workin and workin!

my journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread34980.html

Comment

Originally posted by touchdowntodd View Post
                          baby groks are AWESOME .. cant wait to have my own!

good for you! i bet he will be sick less often and grow stronger than his classmates too!
                          I hope so!

Also, he has grown 3/4 of an inch this month!!
                          I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

Back for an update! It's been exactly 9 weeks of us eating Primally, and *drumroll please* my son is up almost 3 lbs.! He's gone from 27.2 lbs. to 30 lbs. Really. It's been 9 weeks, and he's not even 100% primal like us. He's more like 75%--He has a cookie here and there and has a few non-primal snacks a few times a week. Otherwise, though, it's bacon and eggs with fruit for breakfast. Cashews and raisins/avocado and turkey/hardboiled eggs/lara bars for snacks, lunch is rice or left-overs and a primal dinner of, typically, chicken/burger/or sausage and veggies. I am amazed at his progress! If anyone else has or knows small children, then you know 3 lbs. can be hard to come by! Typically, at this age, kids are gaining an average of 2 lbs. every six months.

The thing that sold me on doing the Primal Blueprint to begin with was the story of the little red-headed child who grew leaps and bounds eating Primally. I thought, "That could be my boy!" I wanted so badly for my son to be healthy and grow well, that I was willing to try anything. And the little boys family, also, looked so healthy and happy. I will definitely be sending in a before and after success story of my little boy in another month or so. He just gained weight, his feet have grown, and we're just waiting for him to sprout up in height any day now!

Thank you for all of your support!
                            I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

This is the story of the little boy who inspired my family to go Primal--

My Son is Growing! | Mark's Daily Apple
                              I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

Working...
                              X