Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 2-1/2 year old has gained a over a lb. in 2-1/2 weeks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I could say I'm losing weight too but my daughter is gaining as well!! She is 3 1/2 and just hit 30 lbs.!!! She is petite and has always been under the 5th percentile for weight. People actually asked me if I was feeding my baby! Ok...really!? She is absolutely thriving now and much more well behaved. She is only probably 70-80% primal. (my dear husband still gives her toast and sandwiches on occasion.)

I love that this lifestyle caters to so many different needs...

Comment

Now you just need to get him a little club and teach him to say, "Bamm! Bamm!"

Comment

PrimalMontana, great to hear your little one is gaining, too! I had to get serious with keeping my carbs under control to lose any weight. Good luck to you!

SeanM, yes, he has one because he plays T-ball. haha. It's pretty cute. He's still lean, but solid, now
        I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
        CW:166.4 lbs.
        GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Comment

This is a great thread.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Thanks, Magicmeri!

I've also been looking though old threads on this topic, and I'm not the only one with a child who has benefitted immensely from a mostly-primal diet! It's amazingly encouraging to read all of the "child-now-growing stories"!
            I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Comment

10 weeks in...

3.6 lbs. gained
              1-1/4" grown

I can't help but update! I am over-the-moon at what this diet is doing for my son!
              I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

amazing, isn't?

my son is a monster. taller than his friends -- 95th percentile for height and weight. Healthy as an ox. hair grows like a weed. He's four. It's amazing.

Comment

I am so happy for you! Although i don't have kids myself (yet), a dear friend is feeding her 3 yo on the primal diet and i see him thriving.

Comment

Zoebird, what a lucky little boy to have a Mama like you who feeds him a primal diet! Although, not yet a monster, someone called my kid "solid" the other day, and I almost cried How long have you/has he been primal? Do you allow him to have cookies/cupcakes at parties and such? What are your primal "rules" for him?

halfbunny, that's so good to hear! Do you know how long he's been eating primally? Did he have any health concerns/food intolerances before going primal? Is he allowed to have non-primal snacks once in a while?
                    Last edited by PrimalJes; 06-20-2012, 10:23 AM.
                    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

he's been primal for a year and a half, and WAPF before that (though we had limited grains then, too).

he's allowed rice and quinoa when he wants it -- which isn't that often, though usually during a growth spurt. at school (kindy) their snacks are gluten-free buns (made by the kids) and tamari rice balls. I allow him those too, no problems.

here in NZ, most parties have gluten free, sugar free (using dates and/or honey and/or apples to sweeten), and often vegan cakes (lots of kids with egg allergies and dairy allergies). So, he's allowed 'free reign' with cakes and cookies too, because they are almost always GF.

but that being said, he probably has cakes/cookies/sweets about 1x per month, if that.

this weekend will be a block buster -- three parties in one weekend. But, all the same, I'll let him eat what he wnats. Most people serve sushi, fruit kababs, and then the GF/SF cakes.

Comment

Working...
                      X