No announcement yet.

I was used for my diet - a rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear, unless you look forward to this sort of attitude down the road, dump him ASAP. he lost interest in you because you look slightly bigger, wth is he going to do if something serious happens (even if it's out of your control)?
    my primal journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Nix View Post
      Sorry, but I'm going to rant a bit. I give you far warning.

So a few months ago I met this guy. He seemed pretty cool and we started dating. I told him about the primal life style. He has heard about it before, but didn't really know what it was. Anyways, I educated him. Had him read a few books. Cooked for him. Let him borrow my cook book. Etc. I got him lifting heavy things, walking more, got him to join martial arts.

When I met him he wasn't fat, but he wasn't skinny either. Since getting him into the primal life style he has lost about 10lb of fat and gained probably the same in muscle. He now has a six pack and great defined muscles. However, the past month has been very hard on me. I started working a night job (which I had to quit because I found out I was allergic to it), I had a very bad cold (that the boy gave to me). It was the first time I was actually sick sick in a year. My dad was hospitalized etc. basically everything that could go wrong did go wrong. LOTS OF STRESS!! Caused me to gain 5lbs.

The other day I asked the boy way he hasn't been as physical with me as we were in the past. He informed me that due to my weight gain of 5lbs (I know have a little tummy, but still a size 4), he doesn't find me as attractive anymore! Yes, he in fact did say this to me. To my face. Can you be used for your style of living?
      As Dan Savage would say DTMFA (dump the mother f**ker already) . wow what an a hole. 5 pounds???? are you kdding?
      SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Official for real start date 1/10/12

Comment

Originally posted by denasqu View Post
        Men say stupid things when they're losing interest.

Seems to me like you've got a lot to offer. Pretty, smart, health conscious. You can do better.
        It could be that he was just answering you honestly, but how did he say it? Was he kind of ashamed, brutally honest or obnoxious/intentionally hurtful?

On the other hand, as denasqu says, when guys are losing interest in a relationship they do and say shitty things, both as a way to get the other person to end the relationship, or react in a way that justifies (in their mind) them ending it, or as a kind of defence mechanism for them so that they are more distanced and less likely to get hurt themselves by any impending break up. None of which are good reasons, but it's the way a lot of guys are.

Any mature, loving, caring man will not be phased by a 5lb weight gain, or even their partner turning into a complete mess and stressed out-basket case when it's due to a period of high stress and/or sickness.
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
          It could be that he was just answering you honestly, but how did he say it? Was he kind of ashamed, brutally honest or obnoxious/intentionally hurtful?

On the other hand, as denasqu says, when guys are losing interest in a relationship they do and say shitty things, both as a way to get the other person to end the relationship, or react in a way that justifies (in their mind) them ending it, or as a kind of defence mechanism for them so that they are more distanced and less likely to get hurt themselves by any impending break up. None of which are good reasons, but it's the way a lot of guys are.

Any mature, loving, caring man will not be phased by a 5lb weight gain, or even their partner turning into a complete mess and stressed out-basket case when it's due to a period of high stress and/or sickness.
          Man is that depressing
          SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Comment

I dont think any of us guys on here can make an informed decision about this matter unless we see some pics of you in either a) a tiny bikini or b) lacy lingerie

Comment

Perving over a woman when she's down. Way to stay classy ackack!
              My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

I was wondering when the pics requests would happen.

New York- I think there's a strong Primal presence there. Why bother with this knucklehead when you can have a primal hottie? A smart one. Lesson learned- time to move on.
                http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

It sounds like just an excuse to me too. He has no idea how lucky he had it as well. I wish my gf had the slightest inclination to participate in all things primal. She's content to leave the health realm to me and is lucky enough to have a good metabolism that serves her well.
                  http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

Originally posted by Silky View Post
                    Perving over a woman when she's down. Way to stay classy ackack!
                    my thoughts exactly. I hope he was just attempting humor.
                    SW175ish GW140 CW157

height 5'6"

Comment

See- it sounded to me like a male version of "you're fine, and we'll get through this." I mean, why would he ask for pics if he didn't think she was cute?
                      http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

Hi Nix,

I agree with the others that he is looking for an excuse and using something that he knows is important to you to make you doubt yourself. It's not nice. But at least you are finding out now what a jerk he is.

Rather than saying I can't give you the emotional support you need right now, he's using something to blame you for instead.
                        My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                          See- it sounded to me like a male version of "you're fine, and we'll get through this." I mean, why would he ask for pics if he didn't think she was cute?
                          Thank you, Drssgchic gets it.

Comment

Sorry he's being a dick. Are you sure the weight gain is from stress and you're not pregnant?

Comment

Since he's discovered his six pack he's probably started attracting more attention from other girls and is in the "grass is greener" phase. Send him on his way and let him find out just how green it really is once he's no longer with the amazing woman who turned his life around
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Thanks for all your kind words. I was leaning towards he is either incredibly shallow, or trying to pick a fight to break up. Actually the 'grass is greener' might not be far off either. He was telling me how he never felt attractive etc. until now. Which doesn't say much for me if he thinks he can do better. I wish I didn't live in bum f*ck no where NY or I would try to find other primal people. I'm 8hrs from the city. Oh well, I have you all, and it does make me feel better. Wish I could date Grok

Gods, I hope I'm not pregnant!! LOL Not too worried about that. I'm pretty sure it's just stress. We don't do babies here.
                                Height: 5'2"
                                Starting weight: 180lbs
                                Current weight 130lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X