No announcement yet.

Successful weight loss for women?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From purely anecdotal experience, it seems like women really have to watch out for the dairy more than men do.

Another area to watch is meal complexity. Complex recipes tend to be moreish compared to a well-cooked piece of meat and a load of vegetables, leading to overeating. A lot of these paleo recipe blogs are absolutely fantastic, and I have the utmost respect for what they do- but their recipes are so damned good, I eat past the point of being satiated. Make the 10+ ingredient recipes a couple of times a week, and eat simply for your other meals.

Comment

Successful weight loss for women?

After 2+ years of being neurotic about "clean" paleo eating and seeing minimal changes, I started tracking my calories and macros more closely and started to follow IIFYM. I missed things like being able to eat peanut butter, cottage cheese, the occasional ice cream, Quest Bars, and sweets like Reese's and gummy bears without feeling guilty about them derailing my efforts. I haven't looked back, and have never felt less shackled to food restrictions and binge eating in my life.

Ladies, if you are struggling with an eating disorder despite eating "clean," I strongly recommend you track calories and macros. It made a world of difference to me. I feel liberated to not have to attach guilt to enjoying the occasional peanut butter cup because I know it won't make me fat.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
      Last edited by fcby9; 09-04-2015, 04:10 PM.

Comment

First of all drink plenty of water;approx 3-4 liters a day as this is the main part of weight loss,exercise daily and avoid fatty foods. If needed consult a dietician.

Comment

Working...
        X