No announcement yet.

Do you have that ripped, Grok body?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying! 46 years old with RA but I don't let that stop me. My goals, besides aesthetics, are to stop shooting up once a week with Enbrel, and to keep taking on new physical challenges that many women my age wouldn't dream of, especially with RA. These forums & the journals& the success stories continue to inspire me long after having finished the book.

Comment

I wouldn't call Mark's body a 'Grok body'. He looks like a body builder. Please to google picture of native peoples who still eat a paleo-type diet, they are slim with normal-looking amounts of body fat and rarely 'ripped' anywhere.

I've always been stick-thin with good muscle tone, it's totally genetic for me. I've never been an exerciser.

I've noticed a bit more muscle definition eating primally (4 months now), especially my abs. I'm sedentary at the moment but have plans to really get a routine going to gain some muscle weight.

Comment

looks like you're doing great from your profile pic! Grok on!!!

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

how do you post pictures? I have some funny ones.

Comment

Alright, so here are some pics, you be the judge. *Note* this was a ridiculous photo shoot that was purely for fun and not meant to be serious.

I think these were taken after about 4-5 months primal: since then I've leaned up a bit and put on a little muscle.

Downward dog:

We tried to jump on this one and take a picture, but it ended up pretty primal, more resembling a velociraptor and gorilla.

I'm pretty much 100% primal with some questionable things like dark chocolate and wine now and then.

Comment

No I don't and I'm one of probably very few people who don't want to be very ripped! I probably have what a Grokette would've had back in the day, good muscle definition but still a bit of soft look. I like it that feminine softness (think Scarlet Johansen or Marylin Monroe)

Comment

I'm about 10 pounds over being ripped, but I'm not planning on getting there for two reasons:

1. I really, really enjoy my 20% non-compliance foods.

2. My husband would have a fit. He appreciates how healthy I am, but he thinks I'm too lean right now. He likes some junk in the trunk.

Comment

Kay - agree, I'd also like to add Jessica Gomes. Beautiful. Slender woman, but still has curves/a little padding. Like she enjoys chocolate once in a while.

Comment

@dragonmamma: yeah...i'm not planning on losing anymore and my hubs wants me to gain back 5-7lbs because he thinks i'm too lean. the quote was something to the effect of "you are a woman, why are you not celebrating the natural curves?" i think he prefers a softer yet still healthy look, i'm down a whole cup size

Comment

@misathemeb, 2 years ago I lost some weight and became quite lean. I was very pleased with how much better my clothes looked on me. But my BF went on a crusade to feed me, literally. He's also asked me to stop putting on any more muscle because everything will be too firm (to put it delicately). I just shrug my shoulders.

You look great by the way, I'd kill to have those legs

Comment

This was right before I fell off the wagon...oh well gives me something to shoot for.

My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

I've got a good post-PB pic but I need a new during-PB pic. Looks like it's time for a photoshoot with my wife :P

I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

I don't want to be ripped, and I don't find it all that attractive, either. (Sorry, folks who are ripped.) I just want to be in shape, and you can be in shape without being muscle-bound.

Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

I'll admit I want to look ripped. Well, at least I want to look like Wonder Woman. I don't know if that will happen though. I've always been a curvy girl and I don't think my body would coopererate if I tried to drop much below 25% body fat.

I'll post pics when I have something worth posting

Comment

@ Adventure8410

Ever heard of GameGossip?

Comment

Working...
                                X