No announcement yet.

Do you have that ripped, Grok body?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so i've been primal for about 1 year and strict paleo for the last 4 mos. this is the best i have looked in my entire life. i'm so happy i could cry seriously. i just went to the beach and for the first time ever was not ashamed to walk in front of people. have a look

Last edited by misathemeb; 09-16-2010, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• Dang, misa! You look awesome! I might have to post some update pics to this thread too.

Comment

• Smokin', misa!
        Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
          Smokin', misa!
          +1 ahoooooooga!!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
            Smokin', misa!
            +2 Great job Misa!!
            You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• @ misathemeb:

In the event you were hoping for confirmation: Hhhhhhotttttt! Damn.

Comment

• What an inspirational thread! Thanks to you guys for posting!

Comment

• wow, misa. Smokin'

I'm getting there. Happy with the progress

Comment

• Originally posted by cmw45 View Post
                    wow, misa. Smokin'

A+! You've got my approval! Grrrowl!
                    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
                    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Comment

• Originally posted by thehallowprince View Post
                      A+! You've got my approval! Grrrowl!
                      LOL, that was perfect

Comment

• I've been high-fat, low-carb for a couple years and fully primal for about 7 months now. In those 7 months I haven't been lifting weights at all, just staying active through climbing and other activities, and have dropped from 173lbs to around 162. I had to eat a lot and lift a couple times a week to stay in the 170's and it just wasn't worth the effort for me to keep 10 extra pounds of vanity muscle. Climbing seems to have a way of restructuring you for better strength:weight. I haven't had an official body composition test done, but from the range my Tanita scale reports, I'd guess in the neighborhood of 5%.

I've been restructuring my diet a bit to add in more carbs. Very lean composition + intense activities doesn't seem to give great endurance. Adding more fruits, sweet and other potatoes, beets, etc seem to be helping in that respect.

IMG_0692 900..jpgDSC00595-2_1..jpg

Comment

• I've been primal for quite awhile now apart from a couple months off the wagon period. Never measured my body fat but I'm 5'6" and my weight tends to stay around 125-130. The first picture is a couple years ago when I was truelly ripped as hell, probably unhealthily slow, my BF had to be increadibly low. At that point I was almost 100% primal, and was doing tabata sprints 2-3 times a week, had an overall high activity level, and was in the gym about 3 days a week. Too much work if ya ask me. Currently I still have six pack abs, but have a healthier lean look to me. I workout a couple times a week, sprint once or twice, and still have a fairly high activity level, I feel healthier in most aspects then when I was super ripped.
                          Attached Files
                          “To insure good health: eat lightly, breathe deeply, live moderately, cultivate cheerfulness, and maintain an interest in life.” - William Londen

Comment

• Had a six pack since I was 14 (24 now), the difference is now I'm stronger and more muscular. I've been eating primal for about a year and a half, I've lost some bodyfat, but not that much. Brazilian jiu-jitsu made a bigger difference visually than going primal I think. I'm 5''11, 165lbs, probably around 9-10% bodyfat right now. My body feels like a well-oiled machine, it's great!

Edit: to people who think it was hard, it wasn't. I ate well, I stayed active, and that's it. You can look ripped/healthy without any sacrifices, it just takes time. Find a sport you love, play and eat good food.
                            Last edited by Winterbike; 05-15-2011, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dharma_Punk View Post
                              I've been primal for quite awhile now apart from a couple months off the wagon period. Never measured my body fat but I'm 5'6" and my weight tends to stay around 125-130. The first picture is a couple years ago when I was truelly ripped as hell, probably unhealthily slow, my BF had to be increadibly low. At that point I was almost 100% primal, and was doing tabata sprints 2-3 times a week, had an overall high activity level, and was in the gym about 3 days a week. Too much work if ya ask me. Currently I still have six pack abs, but have a healthier lean look to me. I workout a couple times a week, sprint once or twice, and still have a fairly high activity level, I feel healthier in most aspects then when I was super ripped.

I don't believe that having a body composition that looks "ripped", dictates any compromise in health.

Comment

• Originally posted by cmw45 View Post
                                wow, misa. Smokin'

You look like chuck Schuldiner... \m/

Comment

Working...
                                X