Primal pet chatter =)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OlyDogo View Post
    I believe its a reagional thing RitaRose ---HONESTLY--- here in Florida what you are doing is considered TRESPASSING and WILL get you shot. I wouldnt have it and most Fl residents wouldnt either there is NO need for anyone to be in our properties what so ever.
    Not to be rude, but I lived in FL 20+ years, and I have to disagree. If the electric company rolls up in their truck, comes out in uniform, and comes to read your meter and you shoot him - yeah, in FL I believe that is a 25 year mandatory sentence. Unless things have really changed in the last 6 years or so, which I suppose is possible. Do you shoot at postal workers as well? What about the UPS guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
      I've already been threatened multiple times (being a woman actually makes that part easier) and kidnapped (locked in someone's yard when I did have their permission to be there).
      Our meter is on the front/side of our house, meaning the reader doesn't have to go into the yard... and I'm not sure I've ever even seen a meter reader, but I think I'm going to have to find out when they're next going to be here and leave a batch of cookies hanging from the equipment ;0)
      “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
      - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• Originally posted by mixie View Post
        Our meter is on the front/side of our house, meaning the reader doesn't have to go into the yard... and I'm not sure I've ever even seen a meter reader, but I think I'm going to have to find out when they're next going to be here and leave a batch of cookies hanging from the equipment ;0)
        You know, you're really started to grow on me...
        Durp.

Comment

The animal is what he is and I wouldnt change it--- he cannot go againts his insticts for your convinience or your job, in a Protection and or hunting stand point barking is a waste of time and energy, I prefer an ACTION type dog.

I believe its a reagional thing RitaRose ---HONESTLY--- here in Florida what you are doing is considered TRESPASSING and WILL get you shot. I wouldnt have it and most Fl residents wouldnt either there is NO need for anyone to be in our properties what so ever.

I am an lay obaying citizen, I pay my taxes as hard as it is at times, I have a CCWP and my dogs are well kept and socialized, BUT because I PAY my taxes I believe it is MY RIGHT to determine who comes in my property and NO ONE ELSE--- Florida laws are great about that and has about the best castle doctrine in the US right next to Texas, Utah and Washington State--- it PROTECTS the OWNER, I wouldnt live in a place that was any diferent and they couldnt PAY ME enough to do the job you do Ma'am.

O
          It probably IS different in every state, especially since utility companies are different depending on your region. But in the vast majority of area, utilities have an easement for every property that they service. Most are written into the purchase of the land (along with mineral rights, air space rights, etc) from before most of us were even born. If you get a copy of your title report, it's probably there and no one ever showed you. I'm not saying that's the case everywhere (it's not), just the vast majority of land titles have a utility easement.

Having said that, you absolutely have the right to defend your property from trespassers. Just be aware that being on the property without your permission does not always mean "trespassing" and therefore isn't always a defensible position when someone is injured on your property. If you're lucky, a jury would not show prejudice as to breed and say "Accidents happen". If you're not, they're (unfortunately) going to see certain breeds as unattended lethal weapons and the injured party will pretty much own your house.

Note: I have been bitten 3 times and threatened multiple times, never once charging the owner with any kind of neglect or registering a complaint, so I'm not the type that would sue you. I'm just letting you know that someone else might, and your position of "trespassing" most likely will not hold up in court, especially if it's a utility worker, Forest Service, Fire Department or a representative of a similar entity.
          Durp.

Comment

• Canio--- I make provisions for them NOT to have to walk through or in my property for their safety and mine ---their is NO REASON what so ever for anyone to come through my property un-invited ---NONE--- if they did they would NOT be greeted with ay hip hooray--- NO ONE can trespass in the state of Florida--- Laws do change BUT since I been living here it has been like that and I can for sure reference a few good cases that I personally know of .

O
            "If it is againts the law for a man to fend for himself ---then outlaw I am"

Comment

Canio--- I make provisions for them NOT to have to walk through or in my property for their safety and mine
              Fair enough. As you said, laws do change. As long as provisions are made then all is good.

Comment

• Rita let me explain a little bit more--- I have a 6 feet privacy fence all arnd my property as do all my adjacent neighbors’ and a few trees that at times need trimmed so they do not damage the power lines during the hurricane season, this is done by the government employees---when it time to trim my trees they do not just barge in, THE LAW WONT ALLOW IT ---they leave a note at my door with exact date and time which they intend to do the work--- I open the gates they come in do their thing, I fetch them a 12 pack of whatever their choice drink is (normally Mnt dew or Dr pepper) and shake their hands thanks and we move on--- THATS how it works in Florida always has since the day I moved here 20+ years ago.

I think that’s the way it should be and am very happy it is that way here, I wouldn’t live in any state where the government infringes in the citizens freedoms and I consider this a FREEDOM a RIGHT I have for being a good citizen, obeying my laws and paying my taxes.

I like my dogs to be FRIENDLY with FRIENDS--- BUT I also like strangers to think twice before jumping over that fence and if the do so---I want them to act and make them pay for trespassing.

Anyhow I think we gone way off topic LOL---
                O

Comment

Rita let me explain a little bit more--- I have a 6 feet privacy fence all arnd my property as do all my adjacent neighbors’ and a few trees that at times need trimmed so they do not damage the power lines during the hurricane season, this is done by the government employees---when it time to trim my trees they do not just barge in, THE LAW WONT ALLOW IT ---they leave a note at my door with exact date and time which they intend to do the work--- I open the gates they come in do their thing, I fetch them a 12 pack of whatever their choice drink is (normally Mnt dew or Dr pepper) and shake their hands thanks and we move on--- THATS how it works in Florida always has since the day I moved here 20+ years ago.

I think that’s the way it should be and am very happy it is that way here, I wouldn’t live in any state where the government infringes in the citizens freedoms and I consider this a FREEDOM a RIGHT I have for being a good citizen, obeying my laws and paying my taxes.

I like my dogs to be FRIENDLY with FRIENDS--- BUT I also like strangers to think twice before jumping over that fence and if the do so---I want them to act and make them pay for trespassing.

Anyhow I think we gone way off topic LOL---
                  O
                  Again, I would just check your local, state and federal laws to make sure that really is the law. For the most part, workers knock on your door as a courtesy to you (because you do sound like a nice person, to be honest) and to make entry easier for them. They're generally not required to do so.

Sad to say, even trespassers usually have rights with regarded to unattended lethal weapons and/or boobytraps. I know a lady who was sued (and lost) after someone broke into her house and was bitten by a dog in her house. She had to pay his medical bills along with pain and suffering. Really ticked me off, because she was a nice lady and the dog was fine, just protecting its owner. The guy never should have been in her house in the first place.
                  Durp.

Comment

• Well, it seems OlyDogo is right to an extent: Florida law protects man who pointed gun at FPL workers, Miami-Dade judge rules

In this case the homeowner pointed a weapon at the two utililty workers who climbed his fence to shut off his power. Charges against him(two felony counts of aggravated assault with a firearm, and a misdemeanor count of improper exhibition of a firearm) were dropped due to FL's 'stand your ground' law, which we also have in AZ.

However, he was charged with discharging a firearm unlawfully because the shot he fired in the air occured after the two had identied themselves (from the article 'The judge ruled that Vino was immune from prosecution "up to the point where he realized the two reasonably believed burglars were in fact FPL workers,'' meaning the shot fired in the air could still be an unlawful discharge.')

It also points out that despite other immunities to prosecution being granted, 'So far, no Miami-Dade judges have granted immunity to defendants charged with murder.'

I bring this up because like OlyDogo, I don't like people up in my business. I also respect gun/property owners. That said, I do not want him getting hemmed up if the law is not exactly as he thinks it is (which it may be. It's not like I am a lawyer.)

back to primal pets though...is there a primal treat that my dog will not chew through in 10 minutes? Bully sticks - gone. The only thing that works seems to be an antler but he gets bored of that. Himalayan chews I guess last about 30 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      is there a primal treat that my dog will not chew through in 10 minutes? Bully sticks - gone. The only thing that works seems to be an antler but he gets bored of that. Himalayan chews I guess last about 30 minutes.
                      Might be possible to get some big cow bones from a butcher?

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                        Might be possible to get some big cow bones from a butcher?
                        Possible, except he is a 23 pound dog and from what I have read larger bones (femur etc) can cause tooth breakage. Perhaps there is a way to flavor his antler so he chews on that more. I'll have to look around. Thanks for the response

Comment

• I have 10 dogs at the moment and boy let me tell you if I had less dogs I would 100% feed raw they look so much stronger, HUNT longer and the clean up is so much easier--- BUT with so many its rather more convinient to feed kibble --- maybe if I found a good butcher I could get plenty to feed raw, then I would have to worry about storage and so on--- NOW if I had two I wouldnt think it twice.

Comment

• Canio go to the market and buy you some soup bones around 3 to 4 inches or more and about 2 inches in diameter and give it to him RAW (never cook) it will not splinter and he will stay busy for hours getting at the merrow after he has finished the merrow buy peanut butter, fill the hole up and freeze it once its frozen solid give it back--- you wont see him for days, LOL.

Comment

Canio go to the market and buy you some soup bones around 3 to 4 inches or more and about 2 inches in diameter and give it to him RAW (never cook) it will not splinter and he will stay busy for hours getting at the merrow after he has finished the merrow buy peanut butter, fill the hole up and freeze it once its frozen solid give it back--- you wont see him for days, LOL.
                              Hmm...that I could do. Sounds like a plan. Thanks!

Comment

Canio go to the market and buy you some soup bones around 3 to 4 inches or more and about 2 inches in diameter and give it to him RAW (never cook) it will not splinter and he will stay busy for hours getting at the merrow after he has finished the merrow buy peanut butter, fill the hole up and freeze it once its frozen solid give it back--- you wont see him for days, LOL.
                                Holy crap, I'D be willing to eat that!
                                Durp.

Comment

Working...
                                X