No announcement yet.

Primal pet chatter =)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up with a playmate who fed her cats tofu and cheerios. Don't even get me started.
    Depression Lies

Comment

Just makes me want to run home and give my little carnivores a squeeze and tell them not to worry, they''ll never have to die of vegan.

Comment

It's that kind of thing that convinces me that it's more a religion than a WOE. Feeding cats a vegan diet should be criminally prosecutable as animal cruelty. Also, that girl's an a-hole, regardless of what she feeds herself.
        Last edited by mixie; 02-06-2012, 03:33 PM.
        “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
        - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

Originally posted by mixie View Post
          It's that kind of thing that convinces me that it's more a religion than a WOE. Feeding cats a vegan diet should be criminally prosecutable as animal cruelty. Also, that girls an a-hole, regardless of what she feeds herself.
          +1

Comment

Originally posted by paleo pika View Post
            Just makes me want to run home and give my little carnivores a squeeze and tell them not to worry, they''ll never have to die of vegan.
            Hehe

Comment

I felt so proud when my cat started voraciously attacking my plate of herring that I was planning to have for dinner. However, I think she liked it a little TOO much. But she ended up eating SO MUCH of it that I found a slimey pile of fish-barf 10 minutes later.

But honestly, she maybe barfs once every 3-4 months? Before, on crappy cat food, puking could be as bad as a couple times a week.
              There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tealia View Post
                I felt so proud when my cat started voraciously attacking my plate of herring that I was planning to have for dinner.
                LOL I hadn't thought about this in years... but one of the moments that truly convinced me that bagged food wasn't working and we needed to figure something else out was when my super-premium, all-meat-dry-food-fed cat swiped a face-full of mashed potatoes off my fork when it was almost in my mouth. I have never, ever tolerated begging or (Og forbid) food stealing, but this time Poe just appeared out of nowhere and sniped the taters in mid-bite. Clearly, something was missing and this cat was starving no matter how much dry food he was eating. I think it was the very next day that we offered him raw chicken for the first time and he tore into it like a rabid honey badger, LOL.
                “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."

Comment

Hey, I just wanted to say that I switched my cats from Wellness Core to Blue Wilderness a couple days ago. My one cat has been falling out of love with Wellness and pretty much stopped eating it. She loves the BW and gobbles it up. Unfortunately, it made my other cat SUPER sick. She has a serious case of leaky mudbutt and is not moving much. When she does move, she keeps squatting down, has this glassy, pained gaze, and looks unsteady on her feet. I ran to the store today to buy more Wellness and have been handfeeding her a little at a time. I also gave her some wet food with pumpkin puree in it. I feel so bad! She is normally energetic and super talkative, and right now she is huddled in a ball under the chair and won't make a sound..

I hope she just has really bad indigestion and none of her organs are hurt.. If she is still sick tomorrow I will have to take her to the vet.. When I talked to the guy at the pet store today (he is the actual owner and was not there the other day when I bought the new food) he said "Yeah, that is pretty much why we don't stock the big bags of BW, because it's only like a 50-50 chance your cats will do well on it.." Ugh!

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

Yikes! I hope she's okay =(

Comment

Picture 032.jpg

This is Jake. He also gets Taste of the Wild with some fish oil thrown in. I love dogs. I work with them at a local dog daycare and have hundreds of pictures.
                      Leaving to go see the pups now!
                      January 14th-306.2
                      January 21st, lost 2" off my waist.
                      January 30th-300.2

Come to the edge she said.
                      No, I'll fall.
                      Come to the edge.
                      No, it's too high.
                      Come to the edge.
                      I came
                      She pushed
                      And I flew

Comment

Hola Mixie--- thanks for all the help---here I post some primal wild boar ribs, hunted in a primitive Dog and man fashion, I am just starting but being teh type that likes to grow, hunt and build his own I am excited at the great possibilities this new life style provides--- Now to learn how to make my own butter, yogurt and cheese.

p8.jpg

these are some of my hunting companions;
                        rascal.jpg

Thats me (currently 60lbs over weight and FEELING IT) with Luna, BUT in 30 days you wont recognize me so pay it no attention.
                        2.jpg

My friends dog Lucho
                        9.jpg
                        "If it is againts the law for a man to fend for himself ---then outlaw I am"

Comment

Cheeeeeeers to YOU, sir!!! The photos take a while to show up--if you want them to post immediately you've got to link them from photobucket or some place.
                          ETA: Just kiddin', the workerbees must be at it today =D <3 that Lucho dog, ready for action!

So glad you're here!
                          Last edited by mixie; 02-17-2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OlyDogo View Post
                            Hola Mixie--- thanks for all the help---here I post some primal wild boar ribs, hunted in a primitive Dog and man fashion, I am just starting but being teh type that likes to grow, hunt and build his own I am excited at the great possibilities this new life style provides--- Now to learn how to make my own butter, yogurt and cheese.

[ATTACH]5780[/ATTACH]

these are some of my hunting companions;
                            [ATTACH]5781[/ATTACH]

Thats me (currently 60lbs over weight and FEELING IT) with Luna, BUT in 30 days you wont recognize me so pay it no attention.
                            [ATTACH]5782[/ATTACH]

My friends dog Lucho
                            [ATTACH]5783[/ATTACH]
                            Do Pits make good hunters? I have 3 Pit-Lab-Husky-Mastiff mix pups and their mother (Lab-Husky). I know the lab-husky has flushed many a deer out of our back 40 and grapes vines, I am just wondering if I could train the dogs to endurance hunt with me for some of the other wildlife on our 150 acres...
                            Originally posted by L8F
                            ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Comment

Originally posted by Fabbecky View Post
                              Do Pits make good hunters? I have 3 Pit-Lab-Husky-Mastiff mix pups and their mother (Lab-Husky). I know the lab-husky has flushed many a deer out of our back 40 and grapes vines, I am just wondering if I could train the dogs to endurance hunt with me for some of the other wildlife on our 150 acres...
                              They do! But them're cur dogs and dogos =)
                              Pretty much any dog can be taught to follow a scent to one degree or another. I know a silky terrier that does a fair amount of field work for her size and a Mastiff that brush-crashes for blacktailed jacks with the best of 'em! Nosework is really, really rewarding and a whole lot of fun. Just check your laws carefully--running wildlife with dogs may (or may not) require a variety of licensing depending on what quarry you're after. Running deer or other big(ger) or fur-bearing game with dogs in some states is illegal and in others perfectly okay (and awesomely supported).

Comment

Originally posted by mixie View Post
                                They do! But them're cur dogs and dogos =)
                                Pretty much any dog can be taught to follow a scent to one degree or another. I know a silky terrier that does a fair amount of field work for her size and a Mastiff that brush-crashes for blacktailed jacks with the best of 'em! Nosework is really, really rewarding and a whole lot of fun. Just check your laws carefully--running wildlife with dogs may (or may not) require a variety of licensing depending on what quarry you're after. Running deer or other big(ger) or fur-bearing game with dogs in some states is illegal and in others perfectly okay (and awesomely supported).
                                Thanks! I will look into the laws.
                                Originally posted by L8F
                                ... I drank the fermented koolaid, and am totally on board...

I'm alergic to carbs - they make me break out in fat!

Comment

Working...
                                X