No announcement yet.

Primal pet chatter =)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i feel as tho there are too many cats here, so i'm butting in with a tiny puff ball

beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

My dog is currently on a prescription dog food from the vet. This stupid food is 59% carbohydrate! I hate it. My dog had to have surgery for recurrent bloat episodes and the biopsies look like he has a food allergy. I have tried all kinds of food choices over the course of year and a half for this dog with no luck. This prescription version actually helps him, but it is such garbage and so expensive My dog actually wakes up in the middle of the night starving if I don't give him a snack before bed on this food - I know it is because of all the carbohydrate.

I'm really hoping that once his guts settle down I can transition him to anything more appropriate. At least it is grain free
      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Wufs!

“Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
        - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

Originally posted by mixie View Post
          Wufs!

Great pic - and dog!
          Durp.

Comment

Zindi gets Orijen dry cat food. 80% meat, 20% fruits and veggies, 0% grain.

Once we switched her, vomiting dropped off immensely. Poops are also smaller and cleaner. Her fur is in better shape, less dandruff too.

Sister's cat gets generic food since she doesn't want to drop the extra money. Her cat suffers from chronic constipation, which resulted in an $800 vet bill when she started failing to poop at all. Yikes!
            There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Comment

Great thread idea!

Ok, my turn

1st, here is a great place to start for some raw feeding info: The Many Myths of Raw Feeding

and now for the fun:

* for Mixie I changed the photos to Flickr ones instead of the MDA photo file, so she can link them
              Last edited by winencandy; 02-01-2012, 08:05 PM. Reason: changed to Flicker
              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
              "Moderation sucks." Suse
              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

RitaRose: Thanks! He's the best <3. Also, I adore that dilute-factor tricolor pattern.
                Winencandy: BEST PAPPI PIC EVAR. I am going to post a link to that thing ALL OVER THE INTERNETZ

Tealia: that kitteh is BEGGING for some hawt lolcat action ;0)
                Last edited by mixie; 01-31-2012, 09:17 PM.
                “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."

Comment

Well, I have to butt in here.

Atticus:

Atticus head til&amp;#116.jpg and Atticus..jpgAtticus..jpg

Raven:

image001..gif and [IMG]file:///C:/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]image004..jpg

Not sure if these will show up okay.

Comment

Will add...

Purina dog chow, plus a raw egg shell each when cracking eggs, and raw chopped-up chicken backs and necks whenever, plus raw soup bones occasionally.

If I could afford it, I'd do BARF in the freezer bag. If I had a personal assistant, I'd feed raw.

Comment

Originally posted by mixie View Post
                      Tealia: that kitteh is BEGGING for some hawt lolcat action ;0)
                      There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

Comment

Great thread. I've been trying to convince my wife that we should feed Louie raw but she wont go along with it. It didn't help that the vet took herside. We do feed him taste of the wild and every time I cook meat I slip him a raw bone or two. There is something inately satisfying watching a dog chomp a bone.

Comment

LOL Tealia!
                          @ canio6: I *love* shibas anyway, but that fangs-hanging-out smiley look is *completely* cracking me up... and actually, do you mind if I post it on my dog-stuff facebook page? I have a whole crowd of shiba folks there that would LOVE that face ;0)
                          Last edited by mixie; 02-01-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the board, but this is a subject that is near and dear to my heart . I use to have a diabetic cat (sadly, he passed in summer 2010) but with an all wet food, (dry and grain free) diet, I was able to get him off of insulin (thank you to felinediabetes.com and catinfo.org) after being on insulin for 2 years. I firmly believe in only feeding cats a grain-free wet or a raw diet only. I was starting to transition my cats to raw food only before we ended up moving from Dallas to Germany in 2008, and I was unable to find a source for a good Raw food, now I feed them the European version of Fancy Feast, called Golden Gourmet Pate here.

I will be following this thread with much interest.
                            Last edited by HeatherNicole; 02-01-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              Great thread. I've been trying to convince my wife that we should feed Louie raw but she wont go along with it. It didn't help that the vet took herside. We do feed him taste of the wild and every time I cook meat I slip him a raw bone or two. There is something inately satisfying watching a dog chomp a bone.
                              tell her i said to quit being such a girl, and that the dog will thank you both for carcasses to maim

winencandy i love the ribs pic
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

Gizmo (our little shitzu) gets Orijen too. Orijen

Start Weight: 265.8
                                Current Weight: 234.4
                                Leptin Reset started Jan 1, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X