No announcement yet.

Primal pet chatter =)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ehh.. my dogs chow down on carrots, broccoli, etc and i never see it in their poo. just wanted to throw that out there

but they've been grain free since birth so maybe their digestive system is A-Ok with veg
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

• You have MIRACLE dogs --- honestly--- I have 10 dogs at the moment and have had well over 100 dogs through out the years NEVER have I had less then 5 dogs around me--- I have raised LOTS of them and NEVER have I had a dog digest vegetable EVER ---they poop them whole just as whole as they go in. BUT that's fine there is always an exception to every rule I guess ---life is FULL of miracles, LOL.
      "If it is againts the law for a man to fend for himself ---then outlaw I am"

Comment

• i can only imagine how much of a joy carrot poop clean up must be X.X
        beautiful
        yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
        lol

Comment

• So, Ace has been primal since I last posted on here and he's doing great with it. None of the bad symptoms I expected, like mild stomach upset. Already, he has more energy and he actually enjoys eating and goes looking for more. So far, we've just given him chicken. My girlfriend and I are going backpacking Monday and Tuesday and when we get back, we'll start adding in more meats, probably beef since we might have found a local butcher than we can get beef at for a good price. Just wanted to give you guys some feedback. This is really the way to go. Our boy is loving it. I can't believe we actually ever fed him kibble.
          "Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself of much life. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something." ~ H.D. Thoreau

Comment

• Three cheers for intreker! If you're still looking for some starter info, here's a Q&A I wrote some time back (pre-primal ;0) ) on prey model raw: Prey Model Raw FAQ

On the veggie note, our pup has been "grain free" since ten weeks of age. I see no need to feed veggies on a routine basis since dogs lack pretty much any adaptation for digesting them. I do give my pooch a carrot or some broccoli or whatever once in a while just to give him something to shred. He'll turn them into veggie confetti all over the lawn and any bits that do go down his gullet come out looking exactly like the stuff left spread around the lawn. Tiny bits of carrot, broccoli, etc. He eats grass once in a while and that comes out looking exactly the same, too. They're fun, but definitely not nutritious.
            There's nothing wrong with feeding them though if you feel good about it and your dogs enjoy them. It's not going to hurt them unless you're feeding them in such high volume that it's displacing more fatty, nutritious foods.

Dogs get their veggies by eating animals that eat veggies ;0).
            “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
            - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• I have to share the before & after of one of my dogs. The first picture was on kibble (high quality holistic kibble, not supermarket or vet-pushed crap). The second picture was about 4 months after we switched to raw. I wish I had before & after of all my dogs, this one I just happened to have because I was sending the breeder pictures. This dog was already 2 years old, so it wasn't just his adult coat coming in, it was a major change in coat quality!

stormy_before_after.jpg

I have a write-up that's an easy "how-to" for feeding raw: Abby Eats: My Pet Wolves

Comment

• Here is a few pixs of one of my primal beast ---she is 100% athlete dog rasied on 100% predatory type raw diet--- she has never tasted a grain or vegetable in her life--- her name is JinSi and here she is working the spring pole (the privacy fence is 6' high).

On a side note she also consumes quit a bit of carrion when out hunting---she finds it she will eat it.

ENJOY
                Last edited by OlyDogo; 03-26-2012, 01:50 PM. Reason: adding

Comment

• abbyful---HE LOOKS AWESOME, what a diference in the coat---its amazing---you show him? thats a great stack.

Comment

• Both my dogs are on a full raw diet,
                    Tam aka DinoHunter is a English Mastiff, 7.5 years old and last time the vet saw him he was amazed at how good condition he was in (considering EM's are very prone to joint issues, cancer & short life span, 8-10 years old is average life span for a EM)
                    Vet thought he was about 3-4 years old.

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• And Robbie (Flying Monkey Dog) Had a hearmummer when we got him and criptorchid (undecended testicals usally resulting in stunted growth and poor development)
                      Toped out at 85lbs of solid muscle (his sire was 65 tops & mum even less) with no heath issues including heart murmmers.

(trying to jump a 8 foot embankment.. dident quite make it)

Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• What a beautiful Butterfly!

Amazing change in his coat.

stormy_before_after.jpg

My girls have always had raw, so I don't have a dramatic before/after photo.
                        Last edited by winencandy; 03-27-2012, 07:14 AM.
                        "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                        "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                        "Moderation sucks." Suse
                        "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                        "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• dinohunter thats a handsome pair of dogs.

Comment

• the papillion looks like my waka, down to the rear end skirt. i guess he's no prissy full blood pom *manly nod*

i'm never trimming his skirt. it swishes when he prances
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              the papillion looks like my waka, down to the rear end skirt. i guess he's no prissy full blood pom *manly nod*

i'm never trimming his skirt. it swishes when he prances
                              I thought waka looked like my Butterflies!
                              "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                              "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                              "Moderation sucks." Suse
                              "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                              "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

• is it racist if i say all papillons look alike?
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X