Any Texans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Texans?

Just curious how many Texans are on the forum. I hear about many east coasters, so just curious who all is in the south. I think I read that one girl is in Austin, which is close to where we are (New Braunfels).

There are several. We're in San Angelo. There are some others up in the panhandle, Dallas area...s'all I can think of off the top of my head.

Comment

Count me in as one in Friendswood Texas. Where in the heck is Friendswood? SE of Houston where Harris and Galveston county meet. I am in the Galveston county part.

Comment

Rockwall.

Comment

Round Rock here...(Austin)

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

Dallas,TX

Comment

I am currently living in Temple, but relocating to Austin this spring (or as soon as humanly possible, lol).

Comment

<----Amarillo

There are several of us up here. Me, my wife and a few of my friends. Also a few others from town near here.

Comment

Last edited by Asturian; 09-08-2010, 03:04 PM.
                  “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
                  —Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I am in Houston, just South of the Heights. My dad lives in Austin and I am so jealous of all the people who have the opportunity to live there.....while I appreciate the parks we have inside the loop they are nothing compared to what Austin has...

Comment

I am in the Heights in Houston.

Comment

I looks like quite a few of us are in the Austin area. We should meet up for lunch one weekend at The Salt Lick! Skip the potato salad and beans, and it&#39;s actually a nice big pile of meat and cole slaw! (I believe that their slaw is not too terribly high in sugar, if it has any at all.)

Anybody else game?

Comment

Katy/Houston. Also spend a lot of time in San Antonio.

Not done yet...

Comment

I&#39;d be game. We&#39;re within 3 hours driving of Austin and have people to stay with down there.

Comment

Actually, the Coopers Bar-B-Q in Mason is more centrally located to San Angelo, Temple, Austin, Round Rock, and San Antonio.

And Coopers does not slather the meat in sauce like the Salt Lick (which I think has sugar in it). Coopers does have a vinegar-based sauce made with meat drippings that you can add or just go without for fire roasted/smoked meat au natural.

Or if Mr. B doesn&#39;t mind driving a little farther than the rest, the original Coopers Pit in Llano is even better. It has the character of Texas that attracts many from around the world.

“It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
                              —Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                              X