No announcement yet.

Any Texans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good to me, Asturian. I have to admit that I've only been in Texas for a few years, so I'm still shaky on my Texas geography and such. I did notice that the Salt Lick tends to slather the meat.

Is this the place?

http://www.masontxcoc.com/member/cooper/

Comment

Oh how exciting. Me and the husband would LOVE to meet up with some more primals. We also have 2 more friends in San Marcos who would be game I'm sure. There is a Cooper's Bar-b-que in New Braunfels too, not sure how that location relates to all the others listed but it is between Austin and San Antonio. We would be up for the Salt Lick in Austin too. Just keep the ideas rolling.

There is also wine tasting in New Braunfels for those who include it in their 20% .

Comment

P.S. We could always make our own primal bar-b-que sauce and the ladies can sneak it in with our purses if we decide to do bar-b-que.

Comment

http://www.coopersbbqnewbraunfels.com/

There is another bar-b-que place here (Rudy's) where the employees wear a shirt that says "We did not claw our way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables". It made me smile.

Comment

Hey guys!

names Jeffrey, and i live between in a little.. gas station town between Waco and Temple, right on I35.

Although i don't post on the forums ive been following the website and the forums for about 6 months.

I would love to meet up with y'all also!

Mason is bout a 3.5 hour drive for me i think.

Salt licks is around half that.

Honestly though to get to connect with fellow Grok's would be great, my community is really not into it.

Comment

I've eaten at the Coopers in Llano and Mason..which isn't too far from where half of my family lives (Menard).

They have pretty good food.

Comment

Nice to meet you Jeffrey. Hopefully something can get planned out soon so we can all meet. It would be great to meet new people.

Comment

Just started my journey. I live in Commerce (East of Dallas)

Comment

I live northeast of Dallas in Greenville.

*waving to chiroeric and emmcubed*

Comment

Last edited by Asturian; 09-08-2010, 03:03 PM.
                      “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
                      —Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Hey Y'all,

Native Texan here- Austin.

I'd LOVE to meet up with everyone; but I'm living in Mexico City until April at least.......guess I'll have to join in the next time around :-)

Jades

Comment

Llano sounds good to me.

Comment

NE San Antonio and work in San Marcos. Cooper's sounds good or any other local BBQ place. Lockhart also has some good options for BBQ.

Comment

Alright, sounds like coopers is the winner, now for the fun part. When are we going to do this? Some people(like me) will either need to ask off of work sometime in advance or get a day like Sunday which i always have off. Do y'all have the same issue?

Comment

Personally, I'm self-employed so I can go almost whenever.

Usually though, I need a week or two advance notice in case I need to shift my schedule and/or make sure the g/f doesn't have anything planned already.

Comment

Working...
                                X