No announcement yet.

Fat + Carbs = Recipe for Disaster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a link to a study suggesting that fats may help control insulin levels on a high carb diet:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/69933.php

'The findings suggest that consumption of pistachios with a carbohydrate-rich meal significantly lowered the d blood glucose response. As consumption of pistachios increased, the blood sugar lowering response was enhanced. In addition, when pistachios were consumed alone, the rise in blood glucose was minimal.

The researchers also monitored the effect of pistachios consumed with different common carbohydrate foods on postprandial glycemia, or blood sugar levels after eating. The addition of pistachios to a number of other commonly consumed carbohydrate-rich foods such as mashed potatoes, pasta and rice also resulted in significant reductions in the blood sugar response, compared to when these foods were eaten alone."

Comment

Nice concern has been put forward, it is all perfect and doesn't require any extra addition..

Shelly smith

=======================

<a href="//www.trainwithmeonline.com"" rel="dofollow"">

workouts</a>

Comment

SPAM - Mark, these comments like from shelly123 have been popping up.. usually with 3 digits at the end of the username, always with a full (fake) name in the comment, adn that "workouts" link at the end of the comment.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Funny thing is, the knucklehead hasn't checked his links. They're dead. Mark's site has a funny little glitch that causes [a href] links to tank if you put them in in the usual fashion. Dunno if that was intentional or just a quirk of programing, but I stumbled over it the first few times I posted links here, but I found the fix [which I won't post here on the off chance that our spammer actually reads the posts - though I doubt that very much].

Comment

Thanks, FlyNavyWife, for the spam notice. I'll try to fix this.

Comment

You're welcome.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Conan, thanks for the info on pistachios and blood glucose. Very interesting.

Comment

No problem, I think you can replace pistachios with pretty much any healthy fat in terms of the impact on blood sugar.

Comment

So there you have it. Instead of purchasing 'Carb-Blocker' pills, eat some pistachios! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X