"Snack and still lose weight" OMG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Snack and still lose weight" OMG!

This video is sponsored by a snack company and the dietician offering all of the "low fat" advice is easily 35 pounds overweight!!

http://www.webmd.com/video/diet-weig...wnl_day_012310

Oh dear, she is a bit of a fat biffa isn't she?

Comment

Potato skins and nacho chips covered in low fat cheese? Mozzarella sticks dipped in egg substitute and bread crumbs? Soy milk and low fat yogurt?

GAG.

She's obviously been following too much of her own advice.

Comment

Also, in another video, WebMd's "senior medical editor" is a vegetarian who is complaining of weight gain and tiredness.

I don't think I ever want to visit WebMd again.

Comment

Wow. That's just...wow.

Comment

Wow...I normally despise picking on people for their weight, but that dietician is in absolutely no position to be offering snacking tips if her own physique is any indication of their effect.

Comment

Yeah, I'm speechless... From 160 to 123 calories! I guess she had to try a few to make sure they were delicious - And not long ago, that was me - going for low fat, the fiber and the phytonutrients! I just love that it's sponsored by Chex Mix...

Comment

I couldn't even finish watching the video I was so annoyed at ALL of the bad information! Ridiculous.

Comment

Stunning. Those "nachos" made with nothing natural were horrific. And, like Kebekgirl, I might have bought that whole line of crap a year ago. . .yikes!

Comment

I may have a permanent mark on my forehead from all the head smacking I just did.

Not done yet...

Comment

I agree that the diet advice is totally bogus, but her weight shouldn't be an issue. I mean. Am I not allowed to give out advice about the Primal way of life until I weigh 180lbs?

Comment

Also one who is thinking "just ...wow."

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

@Dualhammers

She's a professional Dietician, described as the WebMd dietician (I repeat, DIETICIAN). You can tell everyone about the primal lifestyle while at any shape, but how effective would mark be on tv and in books and such selling this lifestyle if he looked like what we are all trying not to be? If you're going to call yourself a nutrition expert, and represent a health website, and your topic is going to be on how to snack to lose weight, then your weight becomes free game.

Isn't that reasonable or am I off base here? A Dietician! talking about snacking to lose weight. Dietician for WebMd. Unlike most salesmen selling some other object, as a dietician telling us what she is telling us, she should be the example of her trade.

But there is no reason to be rude or anything like that toward her. Other than that, I really think she's free game for that sort of criticism.

Not done yet...

Comment

Holy bummer. My Superbowl snacking supplies don't look anything like her recommendations. I'll have guacamole with pork cracklins, jerky, nuts, shredded coconut, smoked fish, anchovies and sardines, chicken nacho fixings (over pork rinds), I think she'd be aghast at my menu, just as I'm aghast at hers!

Comment

Acme can i come over?

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X